WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Funny Vaccine Story......

BingerFang

Reaction score
I got vaccinated yesterday in order to go on a once in a lifetime trip that I will save for a later thread, but I have a funny story I thought maybe some of you would get a kick out of.

So I'm at a local CVS and there is a group of 5 of us (random people) scheduled for the noon appointment time and we all are getting the one and done, J & J shot. Like cattle, they call each of us back behind a makeshift curtain next to the pharmacy inside CVS. They have 4 chairs sitting around the pharmacy that are used for the wait after the shot, which they tell you to hang out for 10- 15 minutes to make sure no one gets any wild adverse reactions.

Well, I was the last one they called in and I got the shot in the arm. No big deal, just feels like a bully in elementary school that would deck me in the arm. After the shot, I walk around the curtain and there is no chairs left so I'm standing in between two isles. Me and the other sheeple were all bullshitting amongst each other about the shot, yada yada yada.

Next thing I know, I feel my mouth start sweating like I have to throw up. In my head, I'm telling myself not to be a pansy and to suck it up. Just breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, you'll be fine. About 1 minute goes by of me fighting myself not to throw up and then my fingers started getting tingly and light, almost like my hands weren't there. It was that time I knew I was in trouble so I went to reach for the corner of the isle to hold on to something and the boom. Lights out.

Next thing I know I'm laying on the fucking floor of a CVS pharmacy staring at ceiling with a crazy asian nurse yelling "CAN YOU BREATHE???" I come to and respond, yes I can breathe and then she yelled "DO YOU NEED ME TO CALL FOR HELP?" and I responded, I don't know yet, give me a few to pull it together. Lol

I have never fainted in my entire life.... and my first time just so happened to be as soon as I got the Covid Vaccine in the middle of a CVS Pharmacy lol! I asked the nurse after, does this happen often? She said nope, you are the first here.

I'm all good today, no weird side effects. Just a hilarious story to share.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Ha ! . . . great story . . . you totally nailed it on the 'tingly fingers' thing . . . classic.

As a kid, I used to pass-out at even the sight of a needle, tetanus shot, novocaine at the dentist, shit . . . I even passed-out getting a shoulder X-ray once! :p
When I went to get the J&J at CVS I had totally forgot that I pass-out because it had been 20+ years since my last shot ! Luckily there was this SUPER HOT chick getting her shot at the same time . . . and I mean this chick was 'RICHTER' , total 10 . . . had on that horse-riding outfit with the tall boots & shit.
Chicks NEVER give me the time of day . . . this one wouldn't stop talking to me !!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . . . . . I guess she took my mind off it . . . 'What Shot' ? LOL

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
Ha ! . . . great story . . . you totally nailed it on the 'tingly fingers' thing . . . classic.

As a kid I used to pass-out at even the sight of a needle, tetanus shot, novocaine at the dentist, shit . . . I even passed-out getting a shoulder X-ray once! :p
When I went to get the J&J at CVS I had totally forgot I pass-out because it had been 20+ years since my last shot ! Luckily there was this SUPER HOT chick getting her shot at the same time . . . and mean this chick was 'RICHTER' , total 10 . . . had on that horse-riding outfit with the tall boots & shit.
Chicks NEVER give me the time of day . . . this one wouldn't stop talking to me !!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . . . . . I guess she took my mind off it . . . 'What Shot' ? LOL

That is hilarious! Beautiful women always seem to do a great job at easing the pain!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I got vaccinated yesterday in order to go on a once in a lifetime trip that I will save for a later thread, but I have a funny story I thought maybe some of you would get a kick out of.

So I'm at a local CVS and there is a group of 5 of us (random people) scheduled for the noon appointment time and we all are getting the one and done, J & J shot. Like cattle, they call each of us back behind a makeshift curtain next to the pharmacy inside CVS. They have 4 chairs sitting around the pharmacy that are used for the wait after the shot, which they tell you to hang out for 10- 15 minutes to make sure no one gets any wild adverse reactions.

Well, I was the last one they called in and I got the shot in the arm. No big deal, just feels like a bully in elementary school that would deck me in the arm. After the shot, I walk around the curtain and there is no chairs left so I'm standing in between two isles. Me and the other sheeple were all bullshitting amongst each other about the shot, yada yada yada.

Next thing I know, I feel my mouth start sweating like I have to throw up. In my head, I'm telling myself not to be a pansy and to suck it up. Just breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, you'll be fine. About 1 minute goes by of me fighting myself not to throw up and then my fingers started getting tingly and light, almost like my hands weren't there. It was that time I knew I was in trouble so I went to reach for the corner of the isle to hold on to something and the boom. Lights out.

Next thing I know I'm laying on the fucking floor of a CVS pharmacy staring at ceiling with a crazy asian nurse yelling "CAN YOU BREATHE???" I come to and respond, yes I can breathe and then she yelled "DO YOU NEED ME TO CALL FOR HELP?" and I responded, I don't know yet, give me a few to pull it together. Lol

I have never fainted in my entire life.... and my first time just so happened to be as soon as I got the Covid Vaccine in the middle of a CVS Pharmacy lol! I asked the nurse after, does this happen often? She said nope, you are the first here.

Glad you are ok.... But this is the reason no shot will be put into my arm... Do you even know what is in the shot?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

As a kid I used to pass-out at even the sight of a needle, tetanus shot, novocaine at the dentist, shit . . . I even passed-out getting a shoulder X-ray once! :p
When I went to get the J&J at CVS I had totally forgot I pass-out because it had been 20+ years since my last shot ! Luckily there was this SUPER HOT chick getting her shot at the same time . . . and mean this chick was 'RICHTER' , total 10 . . . had on that horse-riding outfit with the tall boots & shit.
🤷‍♂️
Super hot chatty chick or Asian nurse lady yelling........geez. which one to chose, such a difficult choice😊

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
@BingerFang . . . Did you read all the, "Have you ever had a negative reaction to's " . . . . . where you check the 'No' box's ? . . . when I read the one that was the shit that's in antifreeze, (poly-glycol-something or another) . . . that's when I quit reading them and just checked 'em all 'NO' and said, 'Let's just get this shit over with' . . . F-me.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The shot really didn't hurt to begin with, but at the end is when she pushed the microchip in which is really when the pain kicked in.
Glad you're ok, fact is they failed to provide a chair. There are reasons the 15 minute wait period is protocol.

Andy B.

Reaction score
If they told me I had to wait in case of an adverse reaction that right there would make me walk!! Take care and wish you good health.

81Sprint

Reaction score
1622059773527.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My friend's son is in med school right now. Of course, the vaccines are a hot topic right now.

He told his dad (my friend)...

I'm far more concerned about the long term effects of a virus, than I am about a vaccine.

Made a whole lot of sense to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My friend's son is in med school right now. Of course, the vaccines are a hot topic right now.

I'm far more concerned about the long term effects of a virus, than I am about a vaccine.

Maybe he should listen to Mike Pompeo’s thoughts on that..

LazyLavey

Reaction score

Initially I lean about 180..... but frankly both make sense

BingerFang

Reaction score
@BingerFang . . . Did you read all the, "Have you ever had a negative reaction to's " . . . . . where you check the 'No' box's ? . . . when I read the one that was the shit that's in antifreeze, (poly-glycol-something or another) . . . that's when I quit reading them and just checked 'em all 'NO' and said, 'Let's just get this shit over with' . . . F-me.

Yea I read them all and questioned myself multiple times prior to showing up. Hell I almost walked out after checking in at CVS…

Then I thought to myself… I grew up racing my dirt bike 90 mph through the desert and jumping 100’ jumps At the motocross track with Multiple concussions, broken wrists and shoulders….. ain’t no pussy vaccine gonna take me out 😂

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

The long term effects of both are what weigh heavy for me. We already know that the virus effects some peoples lung capacity long after, and in some cases, permanently. We also know that the short term can include death.
We don't know the long term effects of the vaccine. It is deemed safe now, but so were other medications and treatments.

Time will tell. I'm on the downhill. I'm 44, but don't expect to see 88. So, my race is more than half run. My kids though, they're just starting out. Thus the quandary...

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
The long term effects of both are what weigh heavy for me. We already know that the virus effects some peoples lung capacity long after, and in some cases, permanently. We also know that the short term can include death.
We don't know the long term effects of the vaccine. It is deemed safe now, but so were other medications and treatments.

Time will tell. I'm on the downhill. I'm 44, but don't expect to see 88. So, my race is more than half run. My kids though, they're just starting out. Thus the quandary...

Kids should not get the vaccine. They are at very little risk for bad effects from the virus, short term or long term. The WHO and CDC both admit this yet they still push a untested, unproven "vaccine" for covid on children. No one knows what this "vaccine" will do to humans long term.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

This might be a good thread for you to check out.... its a data driven thread:

gqchris

Reaction score
Im glad youre OK bro but that could have been ugly if you hit your head on the way down. I sure don't want an asian 25 year old pharamacist at CVS handling my after care either.

My buddy drove by the Garden Grove Costco and there were asians puking in the parking lot and passed out. They were having a vaccine clinic.

Thanks for giving us a first hand experience........

Finally, my wifes Mom rushed and got the Moderna two months ago. Fast forward today, she is Covid positive, bed ridden, and they are almost going to check her into the hospital if her O2 levels dont get better by tonight.

c607b06bac1bb8c9fd6f1c87b6491c35.jpg

Last edited:

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Long term effects are real. My wife and I had covid in January. I still cough anytime I want to laugh and forget cardio. My wife still can't smell or taste anything.

The good news is after you have covid you have antibodies and are safe for a Year, more if you get the Vaccine which we both did recently.

Covid is real. It killed two of my neighbors before their time.

I don't care if the Vaccine is made from all the bad shit you can think of if it keeps us from death.

The disease came from a lab in Wuhan China? most likely.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Long term effects are real. My wife and I had covid in January. I still cough anytime I want to laugh and forget cardio. My wife still can't smell or taste anything.

The good news is after you have covid you have antibodies and are safe for a Year, more if you get the Vaccine which we both did recently.

I don't care if the Vaccine is made from all the bad shit you can think of if it keeps us from death.

I would never deny that covid is real. I am also not of the mind that the vaccine is a poison intended to kill us.

Some people have become very sick, others just a "cold". Very bizarre. As with others, no, I have no clue what's in any of the vaccines, nor the differences between them. Sure, it can prolong your life...but only to an extent. Vaccinated people are still getting sick, but maybe not as sick. If you have underlying issues, would those people fall into a false sense of security?
I don't know. I don't have any answers, just my own thoughts or outlook. In my case, If I had listened to my neurosurgeon, I shouldn't be walking, nor have use of my left arm. Science and doctors don't know everything, and I think that is a good thing. If they knew everything, they wouldn't search for more answers. If they quit searching, they'd never make a new discovery, one they may have had no idea existed. There are so many things that make this an exciting time to live. Not all good, but interesting none the less.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

No, it did not...

The world has endured a pandemic every hundred years or so, and this one was predicted a while back, but no one bothered to take it seriously.

Stop listening to the tin foil hat people!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No, it did not...

The world has endured a pandemic every hundred years or so, and this one was predicted a while back, but no one bothered to take it seriously.

Stop listening to the tin foil hat people!

Hey now, there's different types of foil! ;)
I believe in threat assessment. Be it of man made BS, or natural causes. I am more interested in what will effect myself and my family. Whether that means biological warfare, or a bad flu season, natural disasters or even civil war, the goals are always the same. Adapt and overcome.

Remember, the tin foil hat crew said this covid deal would last well past a year, regulations and overreach. Many laughed, and wholly believed in the "two weeks to slow the spread"...must be the metric weeks or something...we're a bit passed that.

The truth will always lay in between what opposing sides say. Disseminating the truth from fiction is a never ending battle.
One day, one step at a time. So long as my kids and wife are healthy, sheltered and fed, things are good.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Does anyone remember a drug called Thalidomide? It was marketed in the late 50’s to early 60’s to combat flu then it was prescribed to pregnant women for morning sickness. It caused thousands of babies to either be stillborn or have congenital birth defects such as missing or malformed arms, legs and other appendages, blindness, partial or full deafness.

And you want me to trust drug companies that have been indemnified from anyone who has any short or long term side affects? No thanks.

Last edited:

Water Romper

Reaction score

As a kid, I used to pass-out at even the sight of a needle, tetanus shot, novocaine at the dentist, shit . . . I even passed-out getting a shoulder X-ray once! :p
When I went to get the J&J at CVS I had totally forgot that I pass-out because it had been 20+ years since my last shot ! Luckily there was this SUPER HOT chick getting her shot at the same time . . . and I mean this chick was 'RICHTER' , total 10 . . . had on that horse-riding outfit with the tall boots & shit.
i 'm with ya on this one, there's just something about a gal in a riding outfit
rider.jpg

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
View attachment 1006670
Right??? 🤣 . . . When I walked in she had already checked-in and was sitting down waiting, I did the 'What the heck double take' and then I got an instant case of dumb-dumbs and went to the wrong counter (prescription p/u) instead of the cleary-marked 'Vaccine check in' !!! 🤣🤣🤣 . . . After check-in I walked over and she said, "Finally gonna get the shot eh"? . . . I was like 'WTF, You talking to me'? 😳 . . . after we got our shots she talked to me for like 20 minutes instead of the 10-15 that they want you to hang out for . . . . but alas, I've still got no game ! 😕 . . . . I got in my truck and was thinking to myself, 'you're such an idiot dude ' . LOL😝

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
View attachment 1006670
Right??? 🤣 . . . When I walked in she had already checked-in and was sitting down waiting, I did the 'What the heck double take' and then I got an instant case of dumb-dumbs and went to the wrong counter (prescription p/u) instead of the cleary-marked 'Vaccine check in' !!! 🤣🤣🤣 . . . After check-in I walked over and she said, "Finally gonna get the shot eh"? . . . I was like 'WTF, You talking to me'? 😳 . . . after we got our shots she talked to me for like 20 minutes instead of the 10-15 that they want you to hang out for . . . . but alas, I've still got no game ! 😕 . . . . I got in my truck and was thinking to myself, 'you're such an idiot dude ' . LOL😝
There's two types of riding getups though...

"Buckle Bunny" -Western/Country, hat boots and buckle.

"English Dresser" -that's what we call the girls that ride "english", they do jumping, dressage...more "civilized" type stuff.

English riders where something equivalent to SS boots. May be a turn on for some of you. Both wear tight pants...but the english ones wear that helmet...not very flattering.
Yep, Buckle Bunnies 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How does he know the long term effects for either?

Vaccines work by triggering the bodys natural defense systems. It's a fairly simple process that has been around for ages.

Look at your left arm, see the scar there from all the vaccines you had as a kid? Check your medical records. We have all had a bunch of vaccines already.

Do they cause reactions sometimes?

Absolutely. I have a friend with 5 kids. One of em is a vegetable from getting the same vaccines all his other kids got. It's tragic beyond belief. 😔

And yet, my friend is still not a vaxer.

Have there been long term effects from all the other vaccines we have taken?

Probably. But clearly from past results, the odds are Highly against it. This we know.

Will there be long term effects from a disease you get from a bat, basically a nasty ass flying rat?

Who knows.

You're basically playing the odds. There are risks no matter what you decide to do. It's a personal choice that should be based on available medical information, science and drug history.

Not on paranoid delusions. 😉

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
There's two types of riding getups though...

"Buckle Bunny" -Western/Country, hat boots and buckle.

"English Dresser" -that's what we call the girls that ride "english", they do jumping, dressage...more "civilized" type stuff.

English riders where something equivalent to SS boots. May be a turn on for some of you. Both wear tight pants...but the english ones wear that helmet...not very flattering.
Yep, Buckle Bunnies 👍
. . . She was most definitely the 'English Dresser' . . . . if she would've busted out a 'Riding Crop' I would have FOR SURE passed-out !
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

badgas

Reaction score
My dad 85 has a golf buddy 87 whos son is a Dr. in Long Beach. Son had the parents in for a full blood workup and advised his parents " Do not take the vaccine, you do not need it " What does this mean ? I don't know maybe it means you are all good and your healthy enough to beat it on your own ? Maybe it means you are not healthy and the vaccine will take you out. Either way it intersting to hear different approaches as to why not to take it.