WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Grandpa

floatn turd

Reaction score
Was a WW2 bad-ass.
Just a kid when he enlisted.
Assigned to a special unit in the Pacific.
That unit carried out a "Guerrilla War" against the Japanese behind enemy lines.
He didn't talk much about it.
But was proud of what they accomplished during the war.
A few books were written and a movie was made about the men who served in the 5307th Merrill's Murraders.

The old pruney guy on the left sitting next to my Granny is the aforementioned bad-ass.

They both died a year or two ago now.
(And less than a month apart from eachother)

My old Grandpa.
Today is his day.

20200525_095728.jpg
20200525_095811.jpg
20200525_095901.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-104659_Gallery.jpg

Lars_The_Swedish_Viking

Reaction score
Hat's off to Your late Grandfather. May Your Grandparents rest in peace. Thank You for sharing this and may You and Your extended Family enjoy peace and great health this Memorial Day.

It's difficult to fathom the hardships and horrors Your Grandfather and fellow Brothers in Arms endured. This part of the Shan States in Northern Burma is still considered today the most inhospital terrain in South East Asia. Most of this footage shows them fighting in the worst heat of the season, plus 100F 24/7 with almost 100% humidity. It's amazing that men like Your Grandfather even survived. Much gratitude Your Family's way.

Sincerely, Lars.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
They have a marsoc unit that is named marauders in honor of them again.

god speed warriors

KevinR

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that FT.

Put me back in my seat and choked me up to see the items, stories and pictures.

We can NEVER be grateful enough but always blessed, for soldiers such as your grandfather.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Thank your family for your service sir, may they RIP.

You must be tremendously proud to have a Hero's blood running through your family's veins, A True American Hero.

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Damn. Legendary bad ass!

I feel I have done pretty alright for myself and family but reading that... Wow. Makes me feel a lot less accomplished and important. Your family truly has made a difference and I couldn't be more thankful for the freedoms we have because of men like your grandfather. True American Hero!!!

RIP Sir!

92 cole

Reaction score
My father was in Germany WW2 also Korea and would not share much also. Some things are better a memory not shared. As you can tell I am a bit older than you but it really don't matter. What matters is he came back to his family to live out a life well deserved (and payed for) God Bless him. M

outboardrick

Reaction score
That's awesome, thank you for sharing! My Dad was in the Philippine's, and was quite decorated, and did not talk about it. I think it's just the way they were, just did their jobs.