WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Hallett 335 Thread

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Figured I’d start a thread about my new to me boat.

I’ve got a date with Ron at adrenaline trailers this Friday as well as Cameron over at Ron’s in your ear audio both in Lake Havasu. I’m getting some trailer work done like adding a front entry ladder, a tool box, some lighting, a new winch, new transom ratchets, some brake work and maybe some paint as well.

I’m having Cameron at Ron’s do some installs to include a JL MediaMaster 100 head unit and a Simrad EVO 3 NSS9 unit on the dash to replace the compass that’s there now. They will integrate together via NMEA 2000 along with adding some wiring harnesses and a module from Mercury to integrate the motors and smart craft vessel view into the display as well.

Later on when the motors and drives come out/off for rebuilds or replacement at TCM, in the off season, I’ll be installing the Livorsi digital LED trim and tab indicator I just received which will also display on the Simrad and it will clean up the transom from all of the blue water mechanical parts there now. Plan is to do the stage 4 upgrades to the motors along with the rebuild from TCM to put these motors at around 875HP and a piece and upgrade the drives to SCX uppers and SC lowers staying with the Mercury ITS steering. Should be quite the animal once it’s all done. Boat runs about 100 right now and hoping for 115 or better when it’s all said and done. Boat has very close to 400 hours so it’ll be run for the season, whatever is left, and then the plan is to get the big stuff done over the winter.

Stay tuned for pics!

Here she is weekend before this last one

View attachment 865806
View attachment 865807

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thanks to Terry at Top Knot for the sweet anchor, fender and dock lines. Ron’s will install the 4 deck pins as well.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It’s been tested over 100 with Maximus 5 blades, 32 or 34” pitch. Stock Merc redline is 52 or 5,400 rpm. Gary at GT thinks the stage 4s upgrades with 34s should run 118-120.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Figured I’d start a thread about my new to me boat.

I’ve got a date with Ron at adrenaline trailers this Friday as well as Cameron over at Ron’s in your ear audio both in Lake Havasu. I’m getting some trailer work done like adding a front entry ladder, a tool box, some lighting, a new winch, new transom ratchets, some brake work and maybe some paint as well.

I’m having Cameron at Ron’s do some installs to include a JL MediaMaster 100 head unit and a Simrad EVO 3 NSS9 unit on the dash to replace the compass that’s there now. They will integrate together via NMEA 2000 along with adding some wiring harnesses and a module from Mercury to integrate the motors and smart craft vessel view into the display as well.

Later on when the motors and drives come out/off for rebuilds or replacement at TCM, in the off season, I’ll be installing the Livorsi digital LED trim and tab indicator I just received which will also display on the Simrad and it will clean up the transom from all of the blue water mechanical parts there now. Plan is to do the stage 4 upgrades to the motors along with the rebuild from TCM to put these motors at around 875HP and a piece and upgrade the drives to SCX uppers and SC lowers staying with the Mercury ITS steering. Should be quite the animal once it’s all done. Boat runs about 100 right now and hoping for 115 or better when it’s all said and done. Boat has very close to 400 hours so it’ll be run for the season, whatever is left, and then the plan is to get the big stuff done over the winter.

Stay tuned for pics!

Here she is weekend before this last one

View attachment 865806
View attachment 865807

Can’t wait to see it progress, those are all awesome upgrades! Gonna make a badass boat even more badass.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I woulda edited the first post and put them in there... LOL

I love the boat!!

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s been tested over 100 with Maximus 5 blades, 32 or 34” pitch. Stock Merc redline is 52 or 5,400 rpm. Gary at GT thinks the stage 4s upgrades with 34s should run 118-120.

That is flat hauling ass for that big of a boat!!

RD

Cdog

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I just watched your YouTube review of your 2020 Denali duramax. Funny I was saying to myself “I know this guy from somewhere”.

You shot the off-road footage on Sonoran Desert dr? I’m due East of you off of Jomax between Scottsdale & Pima.

Cheers!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I just watched your YouTube review of your 2020 Denali duramax. Funny I was saying to myself “I know this guy from somewhere”.

You shot the off-road footage on Sonoran Desert dr? I’m due East of you off of Jomax between Scottsdale & Pima.

Cheers!
Yeah that's it. I'm off just east of the 17 in Norterra. Not too far away.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This is the fluid I’ll need for the SCX drives correct? Seems to be a good price compared to amazon.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
This is the fluid I’ll need for the SCX drives correct? Seems to be a good price compared to amazon.

Not sure if you’re joking but, Torco RTF I believe is what IMCO recommends. I wouldn’t run that mercury stuff in an SCX.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Not sure if you’re joking but, Torco RTF I believe is what IMCO recommends. I wouldn’t run that mercury stuff in an SCX.

Mario said run the Torco for break in only and then switch to the Mercury Hi Po. Just looking for second opinions.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Mario said run the Torco for break in only and then switch to the Mercury Hi Po. Just looking for second opinions.

I would talk to IMCO about that. I think I remember there being a reason they send you bottles of RTF with the drive. Mario’s a good dude, known him a long time, I don’t think he’d steer you wrong, but ask IMCO anyway.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I watched the two episodes of Teague Talk with the Swoops on bravo drives and he said they use the Mercury Hi Po in everything and hasn’t found anything better. I’ll call IMCO next week and ask them.

Riverryder

Reaction score
how are they chalking these boats? rocks? figure with a boat of this cailber you would always have chalks in the truck bed. i always throw mine in the bed once i grab it from storage.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Moving quickly. Engines and drives are out and boat and trailer are off to adrenaline tomorrow morning to get started with that list of stuff.

DWC

Reaction score
Moving quickly. Engines and drives are out and boat and trailer are off to adrenaline tomorrow morning to get started with that list of stuff.

So you’re not running it for the season and then upgrading?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
No cause COVID shut everything down so might as well do it now. Will still have June to October to boat.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Wow. That’s a lot of work on a new sled you just picked up. Can’t imagine the cost from TCM and SoCal, but it will be super bad ass when done than just plain bad ass.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What all are they doing? That trailer is awesome BTW

A bunch of stuff but basically all new lights, bow entry ladder, new bunks, carpet, winches, transom straps, brakes, hub bearings, a new tool box, electric tongue jack and touching up all paint if not repainting a different color. Thinking a dark metallic gray to go with the accent graphic on the side of the boat. Possibly metallic blue or metallic purple to match those accents but leaning towards the gray metallic right now.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Anybody know how good “in stitches” is in lake havasu? I’m Looking to get my Bimini redone with stainless corner poles to replace the white straps that flutter in the wind, lower the height to make it look better and provide more shade and replace the fabric with a non-perforated canvas for more color and more shade.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Anybody know how good “in stitches” is in lake havasu? I’m Looking to get my Bimini redone with stainless corner poles to replace the white straps that flutter in the wind, lower the height to make it look better and provide more shade and replace the fabric with a non-perforated canvas for more color and more shade.

Keep a mesh strip if you want to run with it up ever over 35. Put a twist in the straps. They won't flutter.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Keep a mesh strip if you want to run with it up ever over 35. Put a twist in the straps. They won't flutter.

I’ve tried different twist combos on all 4 corners and it works most of the time but not always. The white with perforation as it has now just doesn’t do much for shade. Thinking about sunbrella material and just driving it under 35. There’s actually a label on it now that says do not exceed 35MPH.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I’ve tried different twist combos on all 4 corners and it works most of the time but not always. The white with perforation as it has now just doesn’t do much for shade. Thinking about sunbrella material and just driving it under 35. There’s actually a label on it now that says do not exceed 35MPH.

What @Runs2rch said, put a mesh strip in the middle. We've had that on almost all of our Halletts and still run over 35. Yes, they have label on there, but it's a recommendation and a CYA thing.

Also, I would talk to Custom Canvas, they did most, if not almost all of the Hallett bimini's.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Is custom canvas in havasu? So thinking a sunbrella canvas on outside and mesh strip in middle.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Got some drive oil and engine oil. The price on the Torco was $357 shipped which is better than anywhere else I could find it including IMCO themselves. Check out superchargedmotorsports.com for the Torco.

Also got the electric engine fluid changer from west marine and got the drive fluid changer from boat ID.

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

Actually that’s who made the one I’ve got now. I’d rather not go to California as it’s already in LHC and they’re probably not open thanks to COVID

River918

Reaction score

Go to Nordic (Hallett) Boats.. they have a top notch in-house upholstery department that should be able to hook you up with what you want.

Spot

Reaction score
In Stitches is doing the snap in carpet for my 270. I talked to the guy about possible bimini replacement. He was super knowledgeable and provided a variety of options. I would absolutely use him for a bimini when my time comes.

Reactions: DWC

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Go to Nordic (Hallett) Boats.. they have a top notch in-house upholstery department that should be able to hook you up with what you want.

I would but I think they’re still closed

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Got some drive oil and engine oil. The price on the Torco was $357 shipped which is better than anywhere else I could find it including IMCO themselves. Check out superchargedmotorsports.com for the Torco.

Also got the electric engine fluid changer from west marine and got the drive fluid changer from boat ID.

View attachment 872591
View attachment 872593

The electric oil changer is a lifesaver. I don’t even warm the oil up. Cold 50w oil, 14 quarts in about 3mins.

I like the gearcase filler, gonna have to look into that

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
They made me a new cover for my 270. Came out great. Everything on time, and Kyle in the shop is the best!

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score

They are top-notch. I've used them for bimini, carpet, and cover. I would use again in a heartbeat!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
They are top-notch. I've used them for bimini, carpet, and cover. I would use again in a heartbeat!

Good to hear. I’ll be seeing them in a couple weeks then.