WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Hallett 335 Thread

Hammer

Reaction score
My 240 is in storage in havasu. Detailed and ready to go. Keys are in it. Take your family out and enjoy the weekend. If you break it, Itll give me an excuse to put big power in [emoji23].

I dealt with the same bullshit for a year with Mario. You need to go pick up your boat. Shoot me a PM and I will fill you in.

I have been watching this thread hoping this would turn out great. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to happen. Go get your boat. Inventory your parts and find a new shop. Tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I tried to get them to drop in a new motor about a year ago because a buddy said they did good work. They were answering calls intermittently. The lady who normally answered finally mentioned that my caller ID for my cell phone was my law firm and that they were currently having some not so fun calls from law firms. So they had been avoiding my calls. They said they would get me a quote for the work. I never expected one and I'm glad I didn't get it.
About all I’d need to know.

DWC

Reaction score
Damn man, sorry to hear. I couldn't imagine going through a project right now. This season has just been crazy. I can't believe how booked out these shops are.
Booked is one thing. Unable to get parts sounds like a serious issue. There were a couple of RDP’rs waiting for parts for their builds.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I tried to get them to drop in a new motor about a year ago because a buddy said they did good work. They were answering calls intermittently. The lady who normally answered finally mentioned that my caller ID for my cell phone was my law firm and that they were currently having some not so fun calls from law firms. So they had been avoiding my calls. They said they would get me a quote for the work. I never expected one and I'm glad I didn't get it.

That’s not a good sign. Either way, picking it up the 7th and hoping for the best.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Booked is one thing. Unable to get parts sounds like a serious issue. There were a couple of RDP’rs waiting for parts for their builds.
Supply chain is screwed in several industries, and it may be now affecting the boat industry. I recently bought a used MTN Bike for my wife and had it refurbished with new tires, shifters, tune up, etc. Guy at the bike shop said if I came one week later he wouldn't have been able to get parts. Said that he has bikes waiting for parts that they can't get right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Supply chain is screwed in several industries, and it may be now affecting the boat industry. I recently bought a used MTN Bike for my wife and had it refurbished with new tires, shifters, tune up, etc. Guy at the bike shop said if I came one week later he wouldn't have been able to get parts. Said that he has bikes waiting for parts that they can't get right now.

Beyond broke. It’s half of my day, everyday since mid-April. Been a long year and getting longer.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
[mention]tkrrox [/mention]

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I drove by Socal S&M yesterday and saw your boat in the bay being worked on. I sure hope they get it done for you. It is a beautiful boat.

Riverryder

Reaction score
when this thread got bumped I thought no more bad news please.. glad to hear someone saw wrenches actually turning on it!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I drove by Socal S&M yesterday and saw your boat in the bay being worked on. I sure hope they get it done for you. It is a beautiful boat.

Wow that’s good to hear. Dave’s gonna do a drive by for me too.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
May actually be done by Friday. Moving right along.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

Photo credit: RiverDave

Runs2rch

Reaction score

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Finally some good news at least.. I really hope its all completed by friday.

Hammer

Reaction score
Sucks you had to pinch the timeline. I hope they come through for you. [emoji106]

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
They better detail the shit out of it after letting it sit outside uncovered for months!

Agreed. I told him about a month ago it looked weathered and to have them cover it

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Pretty optimistic to be done by Friday. :oops:
Was going to ask how long it will take to get all that done. I mean, once the engines are in, how long does it take to rig everything up???

Reactions: DWC

Riverryder

Reaction score
Dam dam run is gonna be one hell of a run for a boat that was just put together a day prior..

hope it gets some time in to work any kinks out if there’s any..

Riverryder

Reaction score
What’s the dam dam run trip in miles? Hate that you have to take delivery the day prior. I hope everything goes well but if it was my boat I would be nervous to put it thru that after all this work.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What’s the dam dam run trip in miles? Hate that you have to take delivery the day prior. I hope everything goes well but if it was my boat I would be nervous to put it thru that after all this work.
120-130 if I recall

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Was going to ask how long it will take to get all that done. I mean, once the engines are in, how long does it take to rig everything up???

I don’t know for sure, but wound think a few days. It also depends on the rigging as well.

If mine, I wouldn’t be running it on the Damn Run for it’s maiden voyage. If so I’ll be making sure you my sea tow is up to date

nothing against SoCal S&M

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I took delivery of our cobra a few days before the dam run if I remember right. Pretty sure that was the maiden voyage but I have a shitty memory

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I took delivery of our cobra a few days before the dam run if I remember right. Pretty sure that was the maiden voyage but I have a shitty memory
Brand new all factory I would be much less concerned.

Guaranteed on a job like this there will be something in a build like like. Leak, this or that missed, not tight etc. Especially when they are thrashing to finish.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I wasn’t wishing bad on the boat I’m just saying you got some balls picking it up and running it the following day.
im sure it’ll run fine!
I look forward to seeing it and all the boats on Saturday!!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I wasn’t wishing bad on the boat I’m just saying you got some balls picking it up and running it the following day.
im sure it’ll run fine!
I look forward to seeing it and all the boats on Saturday!!
Same here.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the make and model of my steering wheel from the photos?

Andy B.

Reaction score
I’ll check with tow boat and sea tow

If I can make it I'd be glad to tow you back if you need it no worries I can still drink a cocktail while my wife drives either at 50 or 10 mph lol! Shouldn't be big deal on motor or drive going down river.

I'd like to think you won,t!!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Andy B. that thing is huge I was gonna offer the same thing but I’m not going all the way back with the group.

Andy B.

Reaction score
@Andy B. that thing is huge I was gonna offer the same thing but I’m not going all the way back with the group.

Yeah right but going down river won,t be to bad I towed a 30 footer ( not a Hallet) at Mead super slow watched my drive oil and water temp.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Love this place. People offering loaner boats and free tows. Can’t beat it. I’ve got the super duper towing membership now so should be covered, but, like insurance, hope to never use it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Love this place. People offering loaner boats and free tows. Can’t beat it. I’ve got the super duper towing membership now so should be covered, but, like insurance, hope to never use it.

Boat is coming together nicely!! You will be fine.. Mario is pretty top notch on his skill set.. not saying shit can’t happen, but my confidence would be high

Mario texted me these pics a little bit ago

9C546FE8-9889-4636-90F9-99475461496E.jpeg
BC73F2B0-3FF3-4960-B2C9-B13B97909AF3.jpeg
19078A9B-5B4E-4437-B4DE-4AF9B774A909.jpeg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Whipple flame arrestors won't fit. The stock ones were tight to remove and clean.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Boat is coming together nicely!! You will be fine.. Mario is pretty top notch on his skill set.. not saying shit can’t happen, but my confidence would be high

Mario texted me these pics a little bit ago

View attachment 906977 View attachment 906978 View attachment 906979

Mario just sent me those same ones. I called him and he updated me that he’s got everything done except just a few little things like tightening up some bolts and arranging some wiring. I asked him if the billet air cleaners would fit without cutting and he said he thought they would but I knew it would be an issue before I even pulled the trigger with Whipple.

So he got the OceanLED light done, the transducer done, the tabs and drives done, the Livorsi tab indicator done, the 120MPH speedo done, the motors assembled and installed and the deck pins done as well. Pretty impressive with such a short time frame.

He also informed me that because the Livorsi indicator is smaller than the blue water mechanical piece, he called Livorsi and they are sending him a bezel out of production to get those holes covered up. Sounds like they did us a big favor on that part so we wouldn’t be waiting for weeks.

Also, he did apologize about the lack of communication and delays on their part. I totally understand when you’ve got so little man power due to things like Covid and injuries it was just frustrating not knowing what’s going on or when I’d be getting the boat back. He definitely stepped up to get the family and i back on the water, especially for this dam run, and it’s much appreciated! He’s a Good guy for sure.

Additionally, I have found a buyer in Havasu for the second XR upper and he’s meeting me at the shop Friday morning to pick it up and get me paid. Looking to be a good weekend!

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Awesome news! Pretty solid move on RD's part to partner up with Mario to help resolve a potentially bad situation as well.

Dirtbag

Reaction score

there is a shortage of parts everywhere. build times are being stretched out

Reactions: DWC

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Mario just sent me those same ones. I called him and he updated me that he’s got everything done except just a few little things like tightening up some bolts and arranging some wiring. I asked him if the billet air cleaners would fit without cutting and he said he thought they would but I knew it would be an issue before I even pulled the trigger with Whipple.

So he got the OceanLED light done, the transducer done, the tabs and drives done, the Livorsi tab indicator done, the 120MPH speedo done, the motors assembled and installed and the deck pins done as well. Pretty impressive with such a short time frame.

He also informed me that because the Livorsi indicator is smaller than the blue water mechanical piece, he called Livorsi and they are sending him a bezel out of production to get those holes covered up. Sounds like they did us a big favor on that part so we wouldn’t be waiting for weeks.

Also, he did apologize about the lack of communication and and delays on their part. I totally understand when you’ve got so little man power due to things like Covid and injuries it was just frustrating not knowing what’s going on or when I’d be getting the boat back. He definitely stepped up to get the family and i back on the water, especially for this dam run, and it’s much appreciated! He’s a Good guy for sure.

Additionally, I have found a buyer in Havasu for the second XR upper and he’s meeting me at the shop Friday morning to pick it up and get me paid. Looking to be a good weekend!

Glad to see it all coming together. Question: is this just an optical illusion or is there some sort of trim ring around the outside edge of the upper case on your SCXs..?
4E6F1195-1F36-4692-B50B-DA5320171EA6.jpeg