WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Hallett 335 Thread

Hammer

Reaction score
Mario just sent me those same ones. I called him and he updated me that he’s got everything done except just a few little things like tightening up some bolts and arranging some wiring. I asked him if the billet air cleaners would fit without cutting and he said he thought they would but I knew it would be an issue before I even pulled the trigger with Whipple.

So he got the OceanLED light done, the transducer done, the tabs and drives done, the Livorsi tab indicator done, the 120MPH speedo done, the motors assembled and installed and the deck pins done as well. Pretty impressive with such a short time frame.

He also informed me that because the Livorsi indicator is smaller than the blue water mechanical piece, he called Livorsi and they are sending him a bezel out of production to get those holes covered up. Sounds like they did us a big favor on that part so we wouldn’t be waiting for weeks.

Also, he did apologize about the lack of communication and and delays on their part. I totally understand when you’ve got so little man power due to things like Covid and injuries it was just frustrating not knowing what’s going on or when I’d be getting the boat back. He definitely stepped up to get the family and i back on the water, especially for this dam run, and it’s much appreciated! He’s a Good guy for sure.

Additionally, I have found a buyer in Havasu for the second XR upper and he’s meeting me at the shop Friday morning to pick it up and get me paid. Looking to be a good weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got taken care of... I sure didn’t. I was boned HARD. [emoji3525]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Awesome news! Pretty solid move on RD's part to partner up with Mario to help resolve a potentially bad situation as well.

I didn’t do anything other than go buy and take some pics.. Mario and crew put it all together.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I didn’t do anything other than go buy and take some pics.. Mario and crew put it all together.
Let's never forget the power of a forum like this one .... especially as it relates to the Southwest based boat builders and all the ancillary businesses that all service the boating industry ... particularly out on the Colorado river.... your site provides extraordinary insights through its membership and I bet leverage as well. Its a big winner Dave, congratulations!

Hammer

Reaction score
Let's never forget the power of a forum like this one .... especially as it relates to the Southwest based boat builders and all the ancillary businesses that all service the boating industry ... particularly out on the Colorado river.... your site provides extraordinary insights through its membership and I bet leverage as well. Its a big winner Dave, congratulations!

I believe this thread is the only reason this boat is together right now.

RD showing up to take pictures is a bigger deal than he realizes. It would’ve buried So Cal if he didn’t come through and made it back to this thread.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
All I will say is I'm happy to be getting it back tomorrow.

Also, I will mention that currently this thread has over 10,000 views and 207 replies. Could be a factor for the marketing department.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Also, I will mention that currently this thread has over 10,000 views and 207 replies. Could be a factor for the marketing department.
Mario has always bent over backwards or me. Great guy and I’m glad he worked it out. I knew he would 👍

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Believe it brutha

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Can’t wait to get a shakedown report ! Best of wishes.

Riverryder

Reaction score
He’s launching it now
A2EF1F52-C3EB-4CC1-971D-61E06075AB3E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Update: We got to SoCal this morning about 9:15 and Mario was finishing up some stuff in the boat so we left to get money at the bank. As soon as we were pulling out the member buying my XR came pulling in so I missed him but had him pay Mario what I sold it for. Mario told me he had a detailer coming in the afternoon so I thanked him but told him to skip it so we could get in the water sooner.

After the bank we went to the flip flop shop and did some shopping and then got lunch next door at that taco place. The fish tacos were huge!

After that, we drove to autozone and I bought a gallon of that Lucas fuel stabilizer that treats 400 gallons and a red bottle of Lucas octane booster that treats 35 gallons just to be sure. Next, we headed back to see Mario and it was around noon. He had just finished installing the Livorsi trim indicator bezel and was busy programming and calibrating it for the drives and tabs. Last thing to do was install and wire up the cup holders to the boat.
Also, he had the detailer there, who he had come in early, just finishing up the boat. He said it would be a little while to finish the cup holders and that he could do it later so we could get on the road but I said let’s just get them done so I don’t have to worry about it later. So, we left again and this time we went down to the London bridge resort and watched the boats go by while I flew my drone around the channel for an hour taking video and such.

About 2:10 we got back to the shop and he was just buttoning up the dash after wiring the cup holder lights to the cabin lights button. Now that he was done, we loaded up the boat at around 2:45 and I realized I didn’t have the remote fobs for my new tongue jack so I called Joe over at Adrenaline and he said he had them there and to come get them. I said ok but have to stop at in stitches first for some Bimini measurements and then we’d head over. Ended up spending over and hour at in stitches and got everything picked out for colors and measurements of the new Bimini.

We arrived at about 4:05 at Adrenaline and they gave me the fobs, a manual override wrench for the tongue jack and a free tongue lock brand new in the packaging since we couldn’t find the old one I left with them.

Next, we went down to Parker oil and when I went to open the octane booster, it was so hot that when I took the lid off it exploded all over me and the front of the trailer. I said a few choice words and then dumped all of it in along with almost half a gallon of the Lucas treatment. Threw in 60 gallons to fill her up and we got on our way up to Katherines.

On our way through the inspection station the Californian inspector told me to pull my drain plugs out and I didn’t have a wrench so I borrowed his which he had handy. After that we pulled into Katherines get ready lane at about 5:50 where I met RiverRyder and he let me borrow his c wrench to put the plugs back in. Ended up buying a wrench for $10 at the marina store after that.

Ended up having my step dad back me and my step uncle into the water, where, before I started it, I inspected the engine compartment and ran the blower motor for a good 10 minutes. Engines fired right up and sounded bad ass with those new cams.

We idled out to the boat wake bouys and set up the new fender pins and went back to the gas dock to pick up my step dad and get on our way. We went down to the dam and jumped in to cool off, checked out the engines again, and then took off for a sunset run up past the power lines a couple miles. Turned her around and ran 80MPH all the way back to the marina. Got the boat docked on the end slip and made it up to the BBQ at about 7:45. Had some bomb philly cheese steaks courtesy of Riley, drank some beers and reminisced about all the great times we’ve had on this lake. Very successful day and big thanks to everybody involved with this project and this dam run. Can’t believe we’re doing it tomorrow but very happy we are.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Really glad to see this get done. Hope you have a great weekend with it, it came out beautiful!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well Frogman great journey you have shared.Thanks.You did good dealing with all the businesses and people involved.Difficult times we have all found ourselves in these days.Never easy expecting others to have the same standards you have acquired.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Happy to hear all that Frogman.... like always, when all that servicing stuff gets wrapped up and in the rear mirror we always laugh about it and wonder why we got our blood pressure up so high over it. Now if I can just get my boat finished... been on the phone already this morning waiting on a part.... doing my best no to get too worked up over the delays. Congrats, boat looks like a beast.

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats Ken! She looks great on the water!! Have a great run today... look forward to seeing you at HIH! [emoji41]

Spot

Reaction score
This has been my favorite thread this year. I love that boat and I am glad to see you guys on the water. Enjoy!

I also think you are on to something. I am talking to multiple Hallett folks and people are either talking about doing full re-furbs on their boats, or other are trying to buy their boat from them to do refurbs. People just love the original Halletts and most people are priced out of the market to build new ones. Especially the 240's, 270's and 300's.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Wow.. Talk about cutting it close. That is a beautiful boat.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
so Happy for you Frogman. thank you for sharing this whole experience.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Adrenaline called. Said they fixed the brake actuator. There was a module there that they removed that I didn't need, it was meant for mid 2000s trucks, and it had gone bad. They're not charging me. I then had them take it back over to In-Stitches customs so they could get final measurements for the new Bimini tomorrow. I'll be picking the boat up this weekend and maybe taking it back over to Mohave depending on what's going on with the wife.

Additionally, I ordered new Weld wheels for the trailer and will be selling the old Weld wheels. The hub caps on the old wheels are being held on by their retaining bold and a washer currently as the cap had a built in washer but they have all broken. These are forged and they don't make them any more so they are hard to find parts for but are still beautiful wheels. There are 7 in total. I will post a pic of them and the new ones going on but there will be a for sale ad going up in the sales section.

Here are the old wheels currently on the boat:

IMG_2202.jpg

Here are the wheels I ordered:

IMG_2204.PNG

The old ones are a 20x9 +5mm offset with a 6x5.5 lug pattern. New ones are same but 0 offset.

Springfield

Reaction score
Tires are brand new as of April so I’m keeping those just selling all 7 wheels.

Should RD decline I have interest in the wheels for my Competitive tri axle.

And the only reason I went by you on the Dam Run was because you let me! :p

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Should RD decline I have interest in the wheels for my Competitive tri axle.

And the only reason I went by you on the Dam Run was because you let me! :p

Lol was trying to make it back to the marina without stopping for gas. Coasted back in on fumes.

If RD doesn’t want them you can have them. Probably ask $2100 for all 7.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I cannot believe I’ve never seen this thread, I’ll have to go back and read pages 3&4 but wow i see why i never saw you or got pics of you running...... you were in the front of the pack. Boat was gorgeous on the water, but omg thy doesn’t even start to explain it now that I’ve read the thread.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Lol was trying to make it back to the marina without stopping for gas. Coasted back in on fumes.

If RD doesn’t want them you can have them. Probably ask $2100 for all 7.

What did you end up burning? 160?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I was behind you in the no-wake zone @ Willow and watched you get up and go at a pretty impressive clip!

My top end is your cruise so no chance I was keeping up haha

Reactions: DWC

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Boat is at discount tire now. Going to test fit a 0 offset to see if it fits, and if it does, these wheels will be available today.

$2,100 for all 7 of them. Weld Renegade is the model I believe and they’re 6x5.5 +5 offset.

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

eand28

Reaction score
Boat is at discount tire now. Going to test fit a 0 offset to see if it fits, and if it does, these wheels will be available today.

$2,100 for all 7 of them. Weld Renegade is the model I believe and they’re 6x5.5 +5 offset.

View attachment 911325
View attachment 911326
View attachment 911327
View attachment 911328
View attachment 911330
View attachment 911329
View attachment 911331
View attachment 911332
View attachment 911333

Yup definitely weld renegades. Cool wheel that hasn’t been made in a long time.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yep and I may keep them. 0 offset wheels didn’t fit they stuck out and would hit the fender if I hit a bump. Also, the center cap was too shallow for the buddy bearing.

Ordered these and will try them out next week. I’d they don’t fit then I’m keeping the wheels.

IMG_2241.png

HavaToon

Reaction score
Why not keep them and powder coat them black or graphite? Or better you do black chrome.
IMG_4032.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Hub caps are still having to be held on with a washer is why really.

DWC

Reaction score
D245D7EC-6664-4B7F-9EF4-59CC788F7724.jpeg
Have a shop fab up some bitchin center caps. The Welds are way better made wheels than Racelines.
Sorry to hijack. Got any good shops you can suggest? Got new tires put on Memorial weekend. One of my center caps didn’t make it back to the house.

DWC

Reaction score
I have to find the guys name. He builds all sorts of one off aluminum and ss parts.
Thank you. It only bothers me when i see it.. They don’t make replacements anymore. Didn’t even think about having something made