WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Hallett 335 Thread

fastenuff3

Reaction score
They’re currently Maximus short tubes, lab’d, 15x32. Whipple told me they want to see these pulled to 5,600RPM WOT even though redline is 6,000RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what rpm did you see with the 32s

DaveTic

Reaction score
So how did your new props work out? You should see better cruise speed you were looking for.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So how did your new props work out? You should see better cruise speed you were looking for.

Haven't had the boat out yet. It's been getting gel repair, detailing and still waiting on the port motor overheat issue to get fixed. Hopefully it's ready next week just in time for my son to show up. Basically I won't be prop testing until Thanksgiving.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Anybody want or need the old Bimini? It’s taking up space.

IMG_2678.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Overheating issue seems to be solved. Charlie found that the port side motor oil cooler gasket had degraded and was blocking about half of the holes. They replaced the gasket and cleaned it out so that should be good now. The coolant heat exchangers were clean and gaskets were good as well.

IMG_2985.jpg

The cup holders are being installed in the cabin and wired to the cabin light switch.

The GPS recall did not work because the wires on the switch were swapped so thats fixed.

The bilge pumps were wired wrong so that’s getting fixed so they both run when switched on and both auto when in auto mode.

The 6 mounting points for the old Bimini were removed and holes were filled. The blue respray isn’t perfect so I’m going to take it to Saleen or Hallett this winter to have that perfected but looks better already without the unnecessary holes.

All of the oxidation on the deck was cut and buffed out so that’s good now and the detailer did a 3 part hand buff around the gauges so we wouldn’t have to remove them. The shine is back now and oxidation is one.

Looking forward to getting out on the lake in the next week or two to burn off some gas and do some prop testing.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Overheating issue seems to be solved. Charlie found that the port side motor oil cooler gasket had degraded and was blocking about half of the holes. They replaced the gasket and cleaned it out so that should be good now. The coolant heat exchangers were clean and gaskets were good as well.

View attachment 939937

The cup holders are being installed in the cabin and wired to the cabin light switch.

The GPS recall did not work because the wires on the switch were swapped so thats fixed.

The bilge pumps were wired wrong so that’s getting fixed so they both run when switched on and both auto when in auto mode.

The 6 mounting points for the old Bimini were removed and holes were filled. The blue respray isn’t perfect so I’m going to take it to Saleen or Hallett this winter to have that perfected but looks better already without the unnecessary holes.

All of the oxidation on the deck was cut and buffed out so that’s good now and the detailer did a 3 part hand buff around the gauges so we wouldn’t have to remove them. The shine is back now and oxidation is one.

Looking forward to getting out on the lake in the next week or two to burn off some gas and do some prop testing.

That's exactly what I told you was happening. I wonder why Mario didn't change them.

Reactions: DWC

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
That's exactly what I told you was happening. I wonder why Mario didn't change them.
I wonder a lot of things when it comes to that situation. Either way, it's done now. Would have been easier when they were out since they're on the back of the motor.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I saw your boat at Charlie’s a week or so ago. It’s beautiful.

Thank you. They said they get a lot of questions about it as it’s right next to the office windows. Looks brand new still!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Well it’s a month late but I got the boat back out to do some testing. It was freezing ass cold and Lake Mohave lived up to its Mochoppy moniker.

We left Phoenix at 5:30 yesterday morning and we were on the water by 9:30 after stopping for breakfast. Temp on the way up got down to 32 degrees between Wikieup and Kingman. When we got to Katherine’s Landing there was one single truck and trailer in the lower lot and no other living souls around except the guy at the guard shack who waved us through. The entire place was a ghost town to be expected. The two red flags on the flag pole indicated it would be a windy day and they were right.

After getting the boat in the water and letting it warm up for about 10 minutes we idled out to the no wake bouys and then cruised on over to Davis dam to check it out. After that we turned around and headed due north towards the basin cruising through 2-3’ wind chop, that was blowing south, at around 54-56MPH at 3,500 RPM with the stock 32s I got with the boat and a trim setting of 2 degrees positive trim. Fuel load was 3/4 tank and there was 500lbs of souls aboard between Erik and I.

As we got into the basin the chop picked up considerably up to a 3-5’ white caps with large and long spaced troughs. I trimmed all the way down and held around 50MPH through the chop hugging the AZ side on our way to Cottonwood Cove. About half way through the basin with the wind howling we hit a wave just right and my very front bow rider cushion went flying overboard. By the time I slowed down and turned around we had already gone another half mile or so and coming back looking for it was difficult as the cushion is white and the waves were capping white. We drove south about 2 miles before we turned north and about a mile back north we found it 100’ from shore. My buddy Erik, who’s 6’7”, was able to reach over the bow and pick it up for me without anybody having to get wet.

After this we put all 3 removable front cushions in the mid cabin and trucked on to cottonwood. After we got there we docked the boat and went up to see about some food, of which there was none as the restaurant is closed for the season. Side note, the lady working in the marina store, who was the only soul at the marina besides the 2 guys and their wives trying to start their ancient 70HP outboard in their 15’ tri-hull, would not let me go inside to look around as I forgot my mask in the truck. Additionally, the people did get their little outboard started and as they idled out to the breakwater I figured they would never be seen again if they tried to head out onto the lake.

At this point we went back to the boat and flew the drone around to get some footage of the marina and surrounding area. Not wanting to waste time going all the way to Willow beach we headed out of cottonwood heading north and went up river about 2 miles before we turned around and found some smooth water heading south. At this point I trimmed back to 2 and let her have it. The boat accelerated hard to the sound of superchargers whining and I stayed in it until we hit 104MPH at 5,600 after which we ran out of room and I had to slow down to the mid 70s. The boat was still pulling hard but I was getting back into the basin and the chop was picking up again. This was the only relatively smooth eater to be found on the lake. There may have been better water north but I didn’t want to spend much more time looking.

So now as we headed back south to Karherine’s we entered back into the basin and it was a fun ride to say the least. It seemed anything over 40MPH and we had the props out of the water every other wave or so. I trimmed back down and held it at 40 all the way back with the exception of stopping at gasoline alley. At this point it was getting late and I realized it was too rough to try the bigger props so we pulled the boat out and headed home. All in all a successful day and a fun one though cold and windy. It’s nice to have a big lake all to yourself but not much fun trying to dock something this big in that kind of wind. No damage was done and all had fun despite the conditions. Here are some photos I snapped and I’ll get some video edited when I have more time.

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
So maybe, just maybe, I'd deal with that level of cluster at Katherine. IMHO, typically the worst ramp scene of all the river lakes. Funny to me how the boat sits just inside the end of the courtesy dock after she clears the trailer guides. Perfect. Nice write up, and 104 with room to go in a pleasure-craft V-Hull is nothing to sniff at. Pretty damn awesome.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So maybe, just maybe, I'd deal with that level of cluster at Katherine. IMHO, typically the worst ramp scene of all the river lakes. Funny to me how the boat sits just inside the end of the courtesy dock after she clears the trailer guides. Perfect. Nice write up, and 104 with room to go in a pleasure-craft V-Hull is nothing to sniff at. Pretty damn awesome.
Yeah normally in the summer time Katherines is like hong kong harbor. Back in the early 2000s with my parents, before the guard shack was installed, I remember waiting almost 3 hours to pull the boat out on a Sunday night. It was insane. The line was past where the guard shack is now.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Yeah normally in the summer time Katherines is like hong kong harbor. Back in the early 2000s with my parents, before the guard shack was installed, I remember waiting almost 3 hours to pull the boat out on a Sunday night. It was insane. The line was past where the guard shack is now.
Hey can't remember if I told you, but you run with the bow doors closed right?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Alright so I just got this double rocker for my Livorsi throttles so that I can use the new MDC DriveSync box. Going to be way nice to be able to tap the rocker and not worry about evening out the drives or the tabs. I can set two or four presets I don’t recall.

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Alright so I just got this double rocker for my Livorsi throttles so that I can use the new MDC DriveSync box. Going to be way nice to be able to tap the rocker and not worry about evening out the drives or the tabs. I can set two or four presets I don’t recall.

View attachment 954594

View attachment 954595

I was all in until the invoice! Pretty badass addition.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
FrogMan.... I see you're still digging the drone stuff.... no idea where you hail from but the whale season is beginning on the Cali coast soon and your boat is plenty beefy for early runs out of OC Dunes ramp should you want to expand your reach and experience. Life changer filming our grey whales migrating down on way to Mexico.

Reactions: DWC

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
FrogMan.... I see you're still digging the drone stuff.... no idea where you hail from but the whale season is beginning on the Cali coast soon and your boat is plenty beefy for early runs out of OC Dunes ramp should you want to expand your reach and experience. Life changer filming our grey whales migrating down on way to Mexico.

I’d like to to do an ocean run or two but not putting this trailer in salt water. If I did it it would have to be hoisted in.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I’d like to to do an ocean run or two but not putting this trailer in salt water. If I did it it would have to be hoisted in.

I understand that ... I believe there is a hoist out of somewhere to my north in maybe Redondo Beach. If you get the itch I'm sure one of our RDP salt water guys can inform. Definitely something I would advise you to consider. I got my first go fast in 2005 and trailered it to all the fresh water spots out west; Powell, Meade, Colorado river etc... for me there was no comparison to offshore experience as it relates to pure boating and seeing what our boats can do jumping and riding swells.. Once you delaunch simply flush engines and all good. Just another aspect of the lifestyle of owning boats.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I understand that ... I believe there is a hoist out of somewhere to my north in maybe Redondo Beach. If you get the itch I'm sure one of our RDP salt water guys can inform. Definitely something I would advise you to consider. I got my first go fast in 2005 and trailered it to all the fresh water spots out west; Powell, Meade, Colorado river etc... for me there was no comparison to offshore experience as it relates to pure boating and seeing what our boats can do jumping and riding swells.. Once you delaunch simply flush engines and all good. Just another aspect of the lifestyle of owning boats.

Definitely. I grew up in LA and my dad used to keep his scarab 300 on a hoist down in front of the ritz Carlton in marina del try. Spent many days on the big blue going down to Long Beach and up to paradise cove and over to Catalina.

IMG_3564.jpg

KevinR

Reaction score
Definitely. I grew up in LA and my dad used to keep his scarab 300 on a hoist down in front of the ritz Carlton in marina del try. Spent many days on the big blue going down to Long Beach and up to paradise cove and over to Catalina.

View attachment 955485

Sweet!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 955485

There ya go... you know whats up.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Got my MDC Drive Sync Race Box. Lots of wires so I think I’ll let Octane install it. Also looks to have a lot of good directions so wouldn’t be hard but don’t have time.

IMG_3666.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Should RD decline I have interest in the wheels for my Competitive tri axle.

And the only reason I went by you on the Dam Run was because you let me! :p

Ok so bumping this again. Ordered some KMCs for the trailer and going to have cap spacers water jetted and powdercoated black by same guys in LHC that do it for Adrenaline trailer. Wheels will be here Friday and old Welds will be available again if you’re interested. I’m going to be looking for $2,500 for all 7 including caps and lugs as long as these other wheels work.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Ok so bumping this again. Ordered some KMCs for the trailer and going to have cap spacers water jetted and powdercoated black by same guys in LHC that do it for Adrenaline trailer. Wheels will be here Friday and old Welds will be available again if you’re interested. I’m going to be looking for $2,500 for all 7 including caps and lugs as long as these other wheels work.

Wheels only right?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
New wheels are on. Going to have to have a local water jet company cut about a 2” spacer to fit the KMC caps but they’ll be matched to caps and powder coated black.

I’ll get the old ones cleaned up and an official for sale post posted.

IMG_5023.jpg