WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My latest Hard On...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just can't help myself with this shit.. It's like an addiction or something.

This is a pretty close rendition to what I'm having built by Arial Carmelli (one of the better cue makers on the west coast).

All of the white your seeing in the stars is Ivory, and the Silver is actual jewelry silver cut from solid plates on a CNC machine. The white points in this cue are a bleached wood, on mine they'll be Ivory points. I'm losing the wrap as a whole, and going with an Ebony handle with large silver / ivory inlays in between the fore and aft rings.. 1 Ivory ferrule and 1 Ivorex (playing shaft).

And yes I fully plan on breaking / playing with it..

RD

Attachments

• Carmelli1.jpg
    Carmelli1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Carmelli2.jpg
    Carmelli2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Carmelli3.jpg
    Carmelli3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 283

Ari

Reaction score
How can you support the killing of elephants? Didn't you see the special on 60 minutes...

nice cue by the way. I used to have one very similar with ivory inlay and mother of pearl. When my car got stolen back in the day, so did my cue.

Riverratrob

Reaction score
I just can't help myself with this shit.. It's like an addiction or something.

This is a pretty close rendition to what I'm having built by Arial Carmelli (one of the better cue makers on the west coast).

All of the white your seeing in the stars is Ivory, and the Silver is actual jewelry silver cut from solid plates on a CNC machine. The white points in this cue are a bleached wood, on mine they'll be Ivory points. I'm losing the wrap as a whole, and going with an Ebony handle with large silver / ivory inlays in between the fore and aft rings.. 2 shafts with Ivory ferrules as well.

RD
Nice addiction might wanna go with a chalker to match the stick your one of a kind.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice addiction might wanna go with a chalker to match the stick your one of a kind.

I wouldn't want people to think I'm an equipment junky.. ;) :D

He's going to make matching wood / ivory / silver joint protectors to go with it.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How can you support the killing of elephants? Didn't you see the special on 60 minutes...

nice cue by the way. I used to have one very similar with ivory inlay and mother of pearl. When my car got stolen back in the day, so did my cue.

All thieves should be beaten with the items they stole, and then shot.

I don't support the killing of elephants by the way.. :( but if their dead already? Or if their terminally ill? Or if one sneezes? ;) :D Or if that bastard looked at ya wrong.. well then it is what it is. :D

RD

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
All thieves should be beaten with the items they stole, and then shot.

I don't support the killing of elephants by the way.. :( but if their dead already? Or if their terminally ill? Or if one sneezes? ;) :D Or if that bastard looked at ya wrong.. well then it is what it is. :D

RD

OH MY GOD ITS COMING RIGHT AT US!!! :eek: ;)

jimbo.jpg

:kewl

I know that having expensive & cool looking equipment does not necessarily make one a better player. But when I got my cue at 14 it changed my whole game. I now wanted be a better billiard player, thus my game eventually improved.

:beer

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Nice cue RD. Very nice.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
see if he will let you take some pictures of the process I'm sure some people here would dig that. nice looking stick.

OnlyMoney

Reaction score
Very nice! One would think that we would have better cues to go with our antique billiard table passed down through the family, but alas, we have antique, warped cue sticks as well. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I've tried to talk him into at least a new set of inexpensive cues so they could play better.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
see if he will let you take some pictures of the process I'm sure some people here would dig that. nice looking stick.

He'll e-mail me pics during the progression no problemo. :)

If you look in the "other" customs section right now you can see atleast 1 way that points in a pool cue are cut out. ;)

I made some tooling for a good friend of mine that is also a cue maker. (He studied under Arial for a few years and still works side by side with him). Which is how I'm getting hooked up with all these new cues..

This is similar (not exact mine has a better looking butt cap) to my KD that's my current playing cue.

Attachments

• MyKD1.jpg
    MyKD1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 253
  • MyKD2.jpg
    MyKD2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 251

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Very nice! One would think that we would have better cues to go with our antique billiard table passed down through the family, but alas, we have antique, warped cue sticks as well. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I've tried to talk him into at least a new set of inexpensive cues so they could play better.

Don't throw those antique pool cues away!! Warped or not!!

Sometimes you can find a rare gem in a collection like that, and in restored condition it'll blow you away as to how much some of that shit is worth! THOUSANDS!! Especially if it's a rare Adams, or a Hoppe, or a Palmer etc..

RD

R

Retired Member

What's with all the pool cue posts today, RD? I could see it if you were actually any good at the game. ;)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Very classy looking piece, Dave.
The game has always held an interest for me and for Cindy, but we have no room for a table, and no place around here I'd feel good about going to play.