WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Latest Projects , If your into cool and FAST !

Travmon

Reaction score
I've been looking at your creations for the past couple of days, trying to think what to say, I think I'll just say you're one talented guy. Thanks for the post's .
I have got to say, you guys have humbled me. I don’t usually take compliments well as i don’t know what to do with them and I get a bit embarrassed. For years I tried to give all the credit to my guys because i just flat got embarrassed getting credit. NOW as im aging it’s getting better but you still dont want to try to hand me a trophy in a public setting. Ill be a babbling fool.
Last night I let a woman in my life read through this thread , she has seen me create this latest stuff and I knew she would be in tears as she read your posts. I also knew that if looked over at her i too might be in tears so smarty i went back to creating. She has seen me do 40 hour marathon sessions to meet a deadline , she has seen that i am my worst critic and she has always told me my work should be on some national stage.
For me national or never being seen I create out of passion. We all have it, some take longer finding it but it is there in all of us. I knew you guys were a special group unlike my racing sites and I am happy to be part of your group.

37 boat

Reaction score
I have got to say, you guys have humbled me. I don’t usually take compliments well as i don’t know what to do with them and I get a bit embarrassed. For years I tried to give all the credit to my guys because i just flat got embarrassed getting credit. NOW as im aging it’s getting better but you still dont want to try to hand me a trophy in a public setting. Ill be a babbling fool.
Last night I let a woman in my life read through this thread , she has seen me create this latest stuff and I knew she would be in tears as she read your posts. I also knew that if looked over at her i too might be in tears so smarty i went back to creating. She has seen me do 40 hour marathon sessions to meet a deadline , she has seen that i am my worst critic and she has always told me my work should be on some national stage.
For me national or never being seen I create out of passion. We all have it, some take longer finding it but it is there in all of us. I knew you guys were a special group unlike my racing sites and I am happy to be part of your group.

After looking at all your projects I have to ask...Are you a one man shop or do you have a crew? If you are a one man show I'm gonna be even more impressed and at the same time depressed that it takes me forever to get anything done.

Duramax

Reaction score
Your skills are amazing, but the love for your family really shows through. Great job, and thank you for posting!

Travmon

Reaction score
After looking at all your projects I have to ask...Are you a one man shop or do you have a crew? If you are a one man show I'm gonna be even more impressed and at the same time depressed that it takes me forever to get anything done.
I am a one man show at the Toy Factory. I do have employees at the RV shop. However i suck at tig welding so I have my son help me out in that regard occasionally. These days I only take on what I alone can do as our current crop of youngsters has zero desire to get off the couch.

buck35

Reaction score

stoker2001

Reaction score
SWEET toys Toby,you still located in Marysville?maybey we met in past?i vaguely remember the 575 Mighty Mouse as my sorry azz was racing IHBA back then in the slow azz class.also lots of rips at campfar west and I live in Folsom.

Attachments

• mirage.jpg
    mirage.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 62

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Jezuz...

I am Soooooooooooo jealous of that shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful projects. Thank you so much for sharing.

:notworthy:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Travmon:
I've got to tell you, I consider myself a truly gifted fabricator and pretty creative. There really is very little that I can't do but I really lack the artistic side of things that you exhibit. When I build something it always ends up being function over form and I am truly jealous of other peoples ability to create things that are absolute works of art like you. You are like motor world DaVinci, both engineer and artist.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dude you have nailed it. Way back in my youth i set out to build stuff as cool as Boyd Coddington and a few other top talent guys. I was very intimidated by they’re work yet wanted to achieve the same. They were the benchmarks that I shot for. I used to never post or show my work as i did not feel it was up to there par. Sadly my friends were always supportive and I really should have used them as my benchmark. I am self taught in all my skills as ive never worked anywhere. I am a buy the tool and eventually learn how to use it kinda guy. I encourage everyone who asks to just buy the tool, you’ll figure it out.
I grew up in SoCal, so yes, Boyd was one of the royalty types. Got into street racing and even some mini truck stuff. I'm 44 now, been piddling away at learning stuff since I was 13. Still suck at some things, but come a long way. I consider myself lucky to call two pretty good builders "friends". Both said the same thing you did. Just try to figure it out, and you will. Both of them start like me. They liked the cars, and couldn't afford to pay someone else to build them. Both have become the trophy winning types at big shows.

Learning what you can do to make the best use of your skills seems to be the key. Do the best you can with what you aren't good at, and you'll only get better. Eventually, things get better. Watch different ways guys do different things, and choose the one you feel the most comfortable trying. We all keep learning if we want to try.

Travmon

Reaction score
I grew up in SoCal, so yes, Boyd was one of the royalty types. Got into street racing and even some mini truck stuff. I'm 44 now, been piddling away at learning stuff since I was 13. Still suck at some things, but come a long way. I consider myself lucky to call two pretty good builders "friends". Both said the same thing you did. Just try to figure it out, and you will. Both of them start like me. They liked the cars, and couldn't afford to pay someone else to build them. Both have become the trophy winning types at big shows.

Learning what you can do to make the best use of your skills seems to be the key. Do the best you can with what you aren't good at, and you'll only get better. Eventually, things get better. Watch different ways guys do different things, and choose the one you feel the most comfortable trying. We all keep learning if we want to try.
Im still a truck guy. I was heavy into the truck scene in the late 90s and we were building dropped truck after truck for a while. Lots of SEMA builds and magazine coverage as well. I can say i was responsible for a few things coming to market at that time. Unfortunately at that time builders did not make a dime on the creations. I never made an extra dime doing it but i do have a ton of pages of magazine articles that show I WAS there. I Had to step away from all of that long enough to get a reliable source of income going. Thus Northwest Coach our RV shop does that.

Travmon

Reaction score
The people that get my best work are the ones that say treat it like you own it. I usually only ask one question “what dont you like” then i kinda know what to stay away from.
When Ryan dropped off the pro mod I handed him 10 test panels and said pick one. These were all color combos that I wanted to work with for the current time. I personally love every panel and some will end up on other current projects, but I also wanted the owner to give me some guidance. So he picked a couple and thought about it a few days and he kept making comments about the green one. So I talked him into the black and orange one mostly beacuse im so fucking sick of SEAHAWK green and because I knew what I believe was in his heart I surprised him with the green I knew he wanted. Now i get the black and orange/grey for one of my toys.
A25F3125-ABFC-418B-A23E-2B72F3D1B8F8.jpeg
47061F13-BFD0-4586-91BC-42E14854EF4F.jpeg
D467A704-08E2-46C7-AAF4-9CD6FB9FF503.jpeg
7691F71C-2382-4203-B452-D2007F8871E0.jpeg
FAEC6CFD-589C-41AF-8197-F7FCBC2B08F1.jpeg
9175B083-4920-47EE-9EDE-6B75E2E45E5D.jpeg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Well, I feel like a complete no talent slacker now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Travmon

Reaction score
I do have a pump boat project going ( or 2) that I would love to get wet this summer. I live across the street from the public launch of a local lake that for as long as I know has had an inboard racing regatta consisting of everything except unlimiteds. The lake has been known for having some of the fastest water in the country and many of 5 liter and other records have happened here over the last few decades..BUT of course the race pits out of a private park and someday the H.O.A. over there will kill it .WHY DO PEOPLE SUCK ! Any way this is
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3022.JPG
just your basic 460 deal but in my dare to different kinda style I kinda picked some weird color combo and then found some fad-u-lus fabric to sneak into the seats , I am also leaning towards it just being a 2 seat thing with a pro-touring type aluminum engine bay and stereo panels with some custom bomber type seats.. we will see how it goes..

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I do have a pump boat project going ( or 2) that I would love to get wet this summer. I live across the street from the public launch of a local lake that for as long as I know has had an inboard racing regatta consisting of everything except unlimiteds. The lake has been known for having some of the fastest water in the country and many of 5 liter and other records have happened here over the last few decades..BUT of course the race pits out of a private park and someday the H.O.A. over there will kill it .WHY DO PEOPLE SUCK ! Any way this is View attachment 986258 View attachment 986260 View attachment 986261 just your basic 460 deal but in my dare to different kinda style I kinda picked some weird color combo and then found some fad-u-lus fabric to sneak into the seats , I am also leaning towards it just being a 2 seat thing with a pro-touring type aluminum engine bay and stereo panels with some custom bomber type seats.. we will see how it goes..
Now I need to know about the race truck?

Travmon

Reaction score
Now I need to know about the race truck?
A few years ago some guys from town built a new roadcourse( The Ridge) not far from me..So I went back east and scored a restored 2011 silverado nascar truck so I can crank up the Ipod and tailgate a bunch of Porsche's around the track..Soon it will get a LS motor .....have yet to drive it..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think we are going to need to see some pics of this lake you speak of...

😊
Super top secret test facility...he can't give out coordinates... (fear of a Cali invasion!)

Road course...............check
Lake............................check
Lots with shops..........check
Oregon has dunes......check

Got a dragstrip near by?

Travmon

Reaction score
Super top secret test facility...he can't give out coordinates... (fear of a Cali invasion!)

Road course...............check
Lake............................check
Lots with shops..........check
Oregon has dunes......check

Got a dragstrip near by?
Dragstrip yes 3 within 80 miles, the bad is they are not covered. Lol

buck35

Reaction score
A good friend used to live less than a mile from the lake. Nice area!

Travmon

Reaction score
This was something my son and I did for a local dirt guy that only has winters for time off. It is his rig for taking his girls skiing.. FUN project and I finally got to put the jeep headlights I like in something..This thing has bunks, kitchenette , woodstove and corian counters all on Ford F-550 running gear SHE IS A BEAST known here as the cookie truck !
20170919_101054 (1).jpg
20170919_101111.jpg
20171128_191616 (2).jpg
20171130_093630 (3).jpg
20180108_165454 (1).jpg
20180523_110728 (2).jpg
20180524_173816 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20170919_102309 (5).jpg
    20170919_102309 (5).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 44