WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My morning Starbucks runs Part 4

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
A morning habit I’m having trouble kicking.

Dunno if you heard of Starbucks new open shithouse policy. No longer have to be a customer to use the rest rooms and the combo locks have come off the shithouse doors.

It’s visibly hurt the few locations I go to. Plus they now stink and are in a continuous state of needing attention.
A few Zombies here in the early AM lurking at the edge of the lit area. Only takes one person to screw it all up.

The early AM and evening younger school girls sitting in the dining area using the WiFi and doing their schoolwork has evaporated. It’s scary, can’t blame them.

The girls that work there unlock and open in the morning are not so safe either IMHO.

I do a drive by and look in to see how big a circus it is and might have roll to a different location.
Sometime employees sit in their cars until someone they recognize rolls up then they’ll walk up and open.

The bums sit at your table and unload a wet gurgling sneeze across the room.
They lean against the drive up speaker asking for money and that’s scared off the moms and kids too.

I’ll get back to Starbucks.

My friend surfer Steve has a room at his moms far away but lives in his van when on the road working.
Steve’s kicked out of most bars in Simi and NPB. He’s won at least 100+ bar fights and I’ve been present at least 25 of them.
Bad ass dude. An opponent never fully recovers.

Hard working guy does masonry and fixes peoples motorcycles. I sit and drink with Steve at the few bars where I've convinced the managers to let him back in. People won’t get near us.

If you’re surfing off a “locals only” beach and get hassled all you have to say is “surfer Steve says it’s ok.”

There's one Starbucks he can park overnight at and plug in. Then he’ll accompany the girls when they unlock and he gets a free coffee and the girls fix him a breakfast sandwich.
The bums scatter back into the darkness.

Steves been known to collect money from dudes that owe the Starbucks girls who loaned it to them as a favor.
Occasionally it goes to blows.

So,, after a morning coffee there’s a big, curbed grassy knoll that surrounds the Starbucks parking lot and I like to 4WD over it.
It’s become a tradition I started for many others too.
Saves driving through the maze getting outta the mall.
It's hell on the sprinklers.

Last edited:

96scarab

Reaction score
A morning habit I’m having trouble kicking.

Dunno if you heard of Starbucks new open shithouse policy. No longer have to be a customer to use the rest rooms and the combo locks have come off the shithouse doors.

It’s visibly hurt the few locations I go to. Plus they now stink and are in a continuous state of needing attention.
Lots of Zombies here in the early AM.

The early AM and evening Younger girls sitting in the dining area using the WiFi and doing their schoolwork has evaporated. It’s scary can’t blame them.

The girls that work there unlock and open in the morning are not so safe IMHO.

I do a drive by and look in to see how big a circus it is and might have roll to a different location.
Sometime employees sit in their cars until someone they recognize rolls up then they’ll walk up and open.

The bums sit at your table and unload a wet gurgling sneeze across the room.
They lean against the drive up speaker asking for money and that’s scared off the moms and kids too.

I’ll get back to Starbucks.

My friend surfer Steve has a room at his moms far away but lives in his van when on the road working.
Steve’s kicked out of most bars in Simi and NPB. He’s won at least 100+ bar fights and I’ve been present at least 25 of them.
Bad ass dude. An opponent never fully recovers.

Hard working guy does masonry and fixes peoples motorcycles. I sit and drink with Steve at the few bars where I've convinced the managers to let him back in. People won’t get near us.

If you’re surfing off a “locals only” beach and get hassled all you have to say is “surfer Steve says it’s ok.”

One Starbucks in town he can park at overnight and plug in. Then he’ll accompany the girls when they unlock and he gets a free coffee and the girls fix him a breakfast sandwich.
The bums scatter back into the darkness.

Steves been known to collect money from dudes that owe the Starbucks girls who loaned it to them as a favor.
Occasionally it goes to blows.

So,, after a morning coffee there’s a big, curbed grassy knoll that surrounds the Starbucks parking lot and I like to 4WD over it.
It’s become a tradition I started for many others too.
Saves driving through the maze getting outta the mall.
It's hell on the sprinklers.

Your friend Steve sounds like a real asshole IMO.
You purposely drive over someone's property knowing it's going to FU their sprinklers? KARMA

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Supporting Starbucks?? Naaa not for me F that liberal cop hating shitholes.

As good a reason as any. The best reason.
I think I'll throw the RV's doors open in the morning and bust out the Keurig and offer coffees to everyone passing by walking their dogs.
Might get some interesting tails and tales. I'll roll out some Baileys for the coffee too.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Wet gurgling sneezes and bums taking bird baths.. :eek::eek:.. Fuck that place..

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
These anecdotes are great :D

2Driver

Reaction score
Where is this place?

BTW. No one “fixes” a breakfast sandwhich at starbucks. They are made in a warehouse in Ontario or someplace and UPS’d to the stores.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Love these stories. But we need a picture of Steve. I don't want to get my ass kicked in one of those bars.
Not only that, if a call comes in at one of those bars....lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Love these stories. But we need a picture of Steve. I don't want to get my ass kicked in one of those bars.

You will meet Steve at the next Orange County rdp get together. I’ll tell him “hey Steve.. ya here what that guy said about your mother?” Lol.

Reactions: t&y

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You seriously need to go to starpukes rehab. Anyone that pays that much for heated water and crushed beans with various flavored sugars is not well.

We donate a ton of our household income to these overpriced coffee places..

So bad that some days Stacy will flat go on strike unless I run to the Human Bean and get some half caf, double decaf with a twist thing that I can never remember the name of.. lol

She recently went on some diet or cleanse or whatever that she can’t dven drink coffee.. first couple days of that was a little “edgy” but much better now and things are getting back to normal.

I hate coffee and can’t stand the smell of it. When they brew it, it actually swells my throat up and I’m quasi allergic to it. Nobody brews it in my house I make them put the coffee maker outside. One morning years back I awoke at the parker house walked out to the kitchen grabbed the coffee maker / pot etc and launched it from the back door into the canal and went to bed. Nobody said a word and rightfully so or they would’ve been next to the coffee maker.. you can only ask politely so many times...

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
So declining the right to refuse service was Starbucks choice? I’m not a fan but if they can’t keep the bums out, I wouldn’t want to go there. plain coffee is my preference plus I’ve got count calories so I’d rather get them from tequila or beer:D.

buck35

Reaction score
Damn ,yur off my list .I drink coffee and beer ,and that's about it .....:confused:

Reactions: C-2

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We donate a ton of our household income to these overpriced coffee places..

So bad that some days Stacy will flat go on strike unless I run to the Human Bean and get some half caf, double decaf with a twist thing that I can never remember the name of.. lol

She recently went on some diet or cleanse or whatever that she can’t dven drink coffee.. first couple days of that was a little “edgy” but much better now and things are getting back to normal.

I hate coffee and can’t stand the smell of it. When they brew it, it actually swells my throat up and I’m quasi allergic to it. Nobody brews it in my house I make them put the coffee maker outside. One morning years back I awoke at the parker house walked out to the kitchen grabbed the coffee maker / pot etc and launched it from the back door into the canal and went to bed. Nobody said a word and rightfully so or they would’ve been next to the coffee maker.. you can only ask politely so many times...
That's fuckin funny:D:p:D
I can't stand the taste of coffee but oddly I kinda like the aroma of it brewing.
If I'm gonna drink something that tastes like dirt it'd be kava root strained through a Tee shirt like it's done down in Fiji. Face numbing shit it is:confused::p

DWC

Reaction score
My youngest son is working at Starbucks. Insane the stuff they put up with and the number of “regulars” that incredible.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Starbux sux!!!

I hate their coffee anyway.....

Interesting take on this RD. Lets see RD doesn't get up before noon and is not much of a morning person but doesn't drink coffee. There is a shocker right there. LOL

Nordie

Reaction score
I love how coffee smells, but I hate the stuff, by the time I am done with dressing up terrible coffee it's pointless. In fact I've pretty much quit caffeine, and I only drink water and beer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Starbux sux!!!

I hate their coffee anyway.....

Interesting take on this RD. Lets see RD doesn't get up before noon and is not much of a morning person but doesn't drink coffee. There is a shocker right there. LOL

At my parker house I’d usually get up around noon on the weekends, but we were partying until 4/5 am regularly.. lol

I’m older now. Now I get up at 7-9 am and mess around in the Internet. Shower 9:30 and doing whatever u gotta do for the day at 10:00 am on. Usually work on rdp stuff until I go to bed in some form or another.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I don't drink coffee as well but do like the aroma when it is brewing.
My wife drinks black iced tea from there and the other day she asked me to stop and get her one after my morning stop to HD. I pulled up to the drive through and there were only 2 cars ahead of me. The white mini van at the speaker was rambling on for a bit with hand gestures and all that crap then she would disappear from her window as she was having a conversation with someone in the van. It must have been 6-7 minutes for her to order and the guy in front of me was getting a little pissed as well. I got out of the truck and proceeded to the drive up speaker to assist as needed and right when I asked her if she needed help ordering she looked at me like I was the devil and said no she was done. She then gets to the window to get her order and starts blabbering with the guy at the window. I tolerate it for about 45 seconds and sit down on my horn asking them to speed this process up. I can see him give her the order and it appeared to be two bottles of generic milk and a couple of cookies. I finally make it to the window after about 20 min and ask him what the fuk she ordered and he stated 2 milks and 2 cookies for her kids in the back seat. I almost went off on him and he just handed me the tea and told me to have a good day, it's free. I kindly yelled out my window that everyone else behind me should get their stuff for free as well as they waited just as long as i did...
Then Sat we were headed out and the wife asked if we could stop at Starfuks, I politely handed her the keys and told her to pick me up when shes done as I'm never getting near that place again. She was back in about 20 min to get me and we were on our way. :D

Last edited:

Turnup

Reaction score
I was with a regional rep last week, 200 stores on his watch...stores are now sent hazmat suits, human pooper scoopers, and needle drop boxes because nothing can be done by LE their hands are tied.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
We brew Starbucks at home. I used to only visit a Starbucks in person when I could bill the expense for work, but they’ve mostly become shit holes now. I’m going to switch to mail order coffee beans and be done with Starbucks altogether.

The people that rattle off a three sentence drink order crack me up. I love the aroma of coffee, but I have to add some coffee creamer as I can’t handle straight black coffee.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
my Honey likes her Bucks.... I keep her furnished with gift cards on most gift exchange occasions.... on the weekends I'll stop and get her Grande, Skinny, Carmel Macchiato.. $4.75... but before that I stop at the gas station.. bring in my Yeti, fill it up with coffee with a splash of the cappuccino machine mocha.... $1.25.

when were together... same scenario.... $1.25 Gas station coffee then over to Bucks $4.75 ...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Some funny shit here. Omg RD, lmfao!
I was never a coffee guy, but would keep a fresh pot on for the crew at work throughout the day and nite.
Not sure when I started drinking the bucks, maybe around the same time the kids were little and we were on the ball fields. I wasn’t drinking coffee tho, it was mochas. Some time shortly after that I was hooked. I would stop and get it as a “treat” before or after shifts.
I dunno, one day I woke up, I was spending an ass load of money on bucks each month. A cup of bucks was costing as much and sometimes more than a gallon of fKing gas. I quit, cold turkey.
Someone brought a coffee maker to my house and left it, I never used it at home. If someone wanted it, they could make it!
Today, I enjoy a cup or two every morning. My wife trained me, make coffee at home, use some flavored creamer and start the day.
Every now and then I might have a bucks blend, but it’s rare anymore.
Carry on, stay regular. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
My youngest son is working at Starbucks. Insane the stuff they put up with and the number of “regulars” that incredible.

I can’t even begin to think of the crap they deal with [emoji107]
And nobody even thinks about it. [emoji85][emoji2961]

DWC

Reaction score
No
I can’t even begin to think of the crap they deal with [emoji107]
And nobody even thinks about it. [emoji85][emoji2961]

To make it more interesting he works mainly the 4am shift. Some eye opening stuff for a 19yr old. Definitely not what he was thinking when he signed up. All good though. Great lesson in work ethic and how to deal with tough situations.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I'll drink water before I will stop at a Starbucks.

buck35

Reaction score
Some funny shit here. Omg RD, lmfao!
I was never a coffee guy, but would keep a fresh pot on for the crew at work throughout the day and nite.
Not sure when I started drinking the bucks, maybe around the same time the kids were little and we were on the ball fields. I wasn’t drinking coffee tho, it was mochas. Some time shortly after that I was hooked. I would stop and get it as a “treat” before or after shifts.
I dunno, one day I woke up, I was spending an ass load of money on bucks each month. A cup of bucks was costing as much and sometimes more than a gallon of fKing gas. I quit, cold turkey.
Someone brought a coffee maker to my house and left it, I never used it at home. If someone wanted it, they could make it!
Today, I enjoy a cup or two every morning. My wife trained me, make coffee at home, use some flavored creamer and start the day.
Every now and then I might have a bucks blend, but it’s rare anymore.
Carry on, stay regular. [emoji3]

When I was about 15 I was doing a summer job on graveyard shift and fixxen my coffee with cream and sugar and the old guy running the crew says it's meant to be drank black. Other than some Bailey's I haven't had it any other way since. Roughly 45 years.
I'd die with no coffee.

C-2

Reaction score
Their Flat White, hot or iced, is a decent tasting coffee.

I was drinking their K-Cup Sumatra, black, twice per day...but now I throw some Folgers in the K-Cups. Too expensive.

I too don't like coffee; I kind of drink it out of necessity, lol.

The parent company of The Coffee Bean (Jollibee) is moving into the office building in West Covina..I'm hoping they have some type of hook-up for other tenants.

C-2

Reaction score
Outstanding story TPC...keep em' coming, it's great to see ya writing again :)

Dalton

Reaction score
I drop prob 6 dollars a morning on coffee, not sure its even picking me up like it used too

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I dont hit up starbucks. I feel stupid in there...lol.

However, wtf is up with this Dutch Brothers deal in Phx-Scottsdale. The lines are huge.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We get free Starbucks at work it’s blonde roast right now. I usually only have one cup in the am, unless I’m dragging A$$ then I’ll drink one in the afternoon.

I don’t usually drink coffee on the weekends unless I go out for breakfast. I usually just have coke instead Pssshhhh ahhhh glug glug glug.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I used to really enjoy Starbucks but like many of you I realized how much money I was spending on a large coffee and a breakfast sand-which every morning and quit going. Every now and then I grab coffee but not like I used to.
I am to the point now that I can barely stand waiting in line because people take so fucking long ordering their god dam fuffy coffee drinks.

I really Dutch Brew in Havasu...havent tried it since it changed to the new company.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I can't bring myself to do the Starbucks thing.
My wife enjoys it though so every birthday she gets a $500.00 gift card and that gets her through part of the year.
Me? Folgers dark roast served hot and black. Just like I like my..........tires.
Weekends gets a little Bailey's in the coffee.
I can't abide the pretentious BS of ordering a full sentence long coffee drink and WTF happened to small, medium and large? Grande, Venti... Fuck that. Giving it a fancy name doesn't make it worth more money.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
My buddy has velcro on the back of this patch so it will stick to his sweatshirts when he stop at starbucks. Has been kick out of MANY starbucks because of it, some birestas and customers have even caused confrontations over it.. kinda funny actually..lol
20190506_210403.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk