DSC_3947.jpg

DSC_3943.jpg

DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_3969.jpg

DSC_3962.jpg

Nice pics bud !

Hammer

Reaction score
Can any body read that phone number ? Or possibly another pic that is clearer?

It looks like a 909 but that's all I can read on my phone screen?

Looks like the last 4 digits are 3243... I can't make out the first 3...

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Can any body read that phone number ? Or possibly another pic that is clearer?

It looks like a 909 but that's all I can read on my phone screen?

George Nordling
(503) 312-3243

It's a 1959 boat that was originally built using Glen L plans. Stancraftboats boats restored the hull and the 392 is all new. It hasn't seen water since the restoration and is approx. 70% rigged.

sirbob

Reaction score
George Nordling
(503) 312-3243

It's a 1959 boat that was originally built using Glen L plans. Stancraftboats boats restored the hull and the 392 is all new. It hasn't seen water since the restoration and is approx. 70% rigged.

Bingo !!!!

Thank you - I'm looking forward to learning more about this boat ...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Glen-L still sells plans. Just google the name. I've thought of buying a set of plans a couple of times.

Slippery

Reaction score
Very cool pics.

RE. the hydro with rudders - I seem to remember something from a few years ago that RB was making a dual rudder conversion to aid with steering. Story was that Eddie Hill tried them on his "lake" boat the 2x system made it a lot more user friendly?.can't remember where I read it, though.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are to live in an area with so many cool hotrods; you may have more v-drives at that show than we have in Mi.

DaveA

Raysoncrafter
Reaction score
Very cool pics.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are to live in an area with so many cool hotrods; you may have more v-drives at that show than we have in Mi.

Agreed- or more that we have in NC &SC combined...even with Paul Fitzgerald and all his efforts- alot of it goes out of state- even back to Cali.

DrHW

Reaction score
Thanks to all for posting all of the great pictures.

It is a smaller Boat & Car Show but you can spend most of the day walking it and looking at these pieces of art. The last few years it seems as though the Event was under appreciated but it has grown in attendance and recognition which is great to see. The yellow Schiada (second picture) was just gorgeous and not over stated.

Here's to more folks coming out next year. :)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Another wood deck in the middle of getting rig. Anyone know what kind of hull this is?

View attachment 317759 View attachment 317760 View attachment 317761 View attachment 317762 View attachment 317763

That is Harlan Orin's Mandella built by Harlan Orin (Harlan has the original Mandella mold). I can't remember the exact model year, but it is a 1956, 1958, or 1959. I believe Harlan told me it came out of the mold in 1996. It is partially rigged and has never been completed. Beautiful boat.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Very cool pics.

RE. the hydro with rudders - I seem to remember something from a few years ago that RB was making a dual rudder conversion to aid with steering. Story was that Eddie Hill tried them on his "lake" boat the 2x system made it a lot more user friendly?.can't remember where I read it, though.

Dual rudders on a hydro will let you turn around in the river. Both right and left turns are much much easier. Some say you will lose a tenth or two at the track, but being able to keep it between the buoys can be a good trade off.

Great pic's everyone. :thumbsup

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
That is Harlan Orin's Mandella built by Harlan Orin (Harlan has the original Mandella mold). I can't remember the exact model year, but it is a 1956, 1958, or 1959. I believe Harlan told me it came out of the mold in 1996. It is partially rigged and has never been completed. Beautiful boat.

Umm, no. Harlan is a wood worker and built these boats for Mandella back in the day. He built this one by hand and from memory. No mold or fiberglass molded.

CC

Hammer

Reaction score
Umm, no. Harlan is a wood worker and built these boats for Mandella back in the day. He built this one by hand and from memory. No mold or fiberglass molded.

CC

That would be Campell Carl, the old school aficionado , and he's damn glad to correct ya !

Billy-B

Reaction score
Thanks to all for posting all of the great pictures.

It is a smaller Boat & Car Show but you can spend most of the day walking it and looking at these pieces of art. The last few years it seems as though the Event was under appreciated but it has grown in attendance and recognition which is great to see. The yellow Schiada (second picture) was just gorgeous and not over stated.

Here's to more folks coming out next year. :)
Thanks for the props on the show. It was always my vision to make this a premier "Smaller Boat" show. And your right again. I feel this show was under appreciated by some of the higher up folk. But that's changing. Most kids have no idea about this boats unless they raised around them. I just wanted to bring awareness back to these style of boats. Its been great to see the show grow year after year. I hope to see more new & restored builds next year...Thanks to RDP & his photo people for all the great shots..see ya next yr...Billy-B

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

CC

That would be Campell Carl, the old school aficionado , and he's damn glad to correct ya !

Well Mr. Smarty... What I wrote came directly to my ears from Harlan's mouth. :D I may not remember the exact dates, but I do distinctly remember him say he has the mold. Is it possible that the wood is a veneer over fiberglass? (serious question) I will ask him the next time I see him.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Well Mr. Smarty... What I wrote came directly to my ears from Harlan's mouth. :D I may not remember the exact dates, but I do distinctly remember him say he has the mold. Is it possible that the wood is a veneer over fiberglass? (serious question) I will ask him the next time I see him.

Not a chance! Harlan wouldn't know glass mat from hardener if it hit him in the ass...

:D

Slippery

Reaction score
Dual rudders on a hydro will let you turn around in the river. Both right and left turns are much much easier. Some say you will lose a tenth or two at the track, but being able to keep it between the buoys can be a good trade off.

Great pic's everyone. :thumbsup

Yeah, keeping it between the buoys is a big plus?.seems like the outboard jockeys were always taking out a buoy or 2, especially if it got windy.

So…the dual rudder is for "lake" or "ski" hydros, correct? I would think the rudders right behind the prop would get interesting if you blew the tail loose ? That's the whole idea behind outboard rudders ? To maintain control when the tail lifts due to big HP and a lenco ? I've ridden in hydros with outboard steering?I'd much rather pedal my flat than try and keep a hydro straight ?dang things steer like a car with a flat tire (with apologies to hydro pilots, but that just looks like something you're supposed to know better than to try and do)

anyway?great pics..thanks again for the great thread