WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Nephew got it.. Temecula

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Family was in Europe when the outbreak happened.. SIL was lysol’ing and wiping everything. When Trump announced they were closing the borders they came home fast, and he got a fever on the plane.

Got home and things went from bad to worse.. They went to urgent care they put him in a special side of the building. went to the hospital and the people Came out full hazmat style and were taking there information from 6’ away. Told the parents to go sit in the car.

for those that think this is a hoax my nephew is incredibly ill and can’t keep anything down.. They are going on day 5.

IT IS NOT THE NORMAL FLU.

My sister in law is downstairs with him. Pat is upstairs and they have a isolation program going on in their house right now.

He was swabbed for it and they were supposed to get the results back in 2-5 days.. This is day five (no call from the cdc yet)

They did in fact send him home.. She said she’s never seen him this sick and is very worried.

So for those people that keep asking “Do you know anyone that has it?” And making this out to be a joke..

There’s your answer, yes I do and it’s a close member of my family. It is very serious.. it isn’t some soar throat.. and yes they will send your ass home.. and no just because it says zero in your neighborhood doesn’t mean anything.

They were in Spain and came home. I can’t speak to who else was on that plane or where they went.

Stay home!! Limit interaction. It is very real and very serious..

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dave, dumb question but is it this strain? Could it be one of the others? And how old is he?

4Waters

Reaction score
Sorry RD, praying for his quick recovery. How old is he?

gqchris

Reaction score
Damn Dave. How old is he? Everything we have been spoon fed about this is that kids are immune to this. There goes that lie. Prayers for your nephew. This is no joke.

DWC

Reaction score
So sorry to hear Dave. I’m speechless

4Waters

Reaction score
Any underlying conditions as well?

charred1

Reaction score
Sorry for your family! You mentioned he was swabbed, but no callback from CDC on results yet? Hopefully the results are that he doesn’t have it

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He’s 20.. and she says he’s never been like this with the flu.

She is beside herself that he caught it because she said she literally sanitized rooms / islets / airplane etc..

Being he got symptoms on the plane he probably touched something before everything went crazy town..

That said she said this deal is deadly serious.. and the thing I caught from the conversation is once the hospital staff figured it out nobody would come near them.

Straight up hazmat suit deal.. “go home”.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
And just think!
On the way to work today I noticed the swap meet in the drive in movie lot was in full effect.

And yes. I was at work.
The n my cave painting a boat. And rinsing in acetone often. 😎

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sorry for your family! You mentioned he was swabbed, but no callback from CDC on results yet? Hopefully the results are that he doesn’t have it

They were in Europe. he’s going on day five of not keeping anything down.. and she said she couldn’t pretend to know how much weight he’s lots in those five days.

Do the math.

DLC

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, it’s just terrible news!

but
this why we are all home, this is why there is no TP, meat chicken eggs no regular food on the shelves.

anyone can come down with this, young old strong weak

we all need to keep our families safe.

brgrcru

Reaction score
South Korea had many 20-30 year olds with the virus.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that RD. Hoping he recovers fully from this

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Well tell him to stay away from Michaels, my wife works there.
Hope he recovers ok , (keep us informed on how long it takes to run its course)

Lumpy

Reaction score
Speechless...sending prayers! Keep us posted Dave!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully your nephew gets better and the family in the house are safe.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Sorry to hear someone so young is going through that. Hopefully they get better soon.

That’s my problem with all the statistics being passed around. Shock value numbers but no breakdown of their ages, durations, etc. some people were positive and had almost no symptoms. Some were near death. Most cases focus on the need for oxygen assistance from respiratory complications. Your cousin only has some stomach problems?

Last edited:

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Thougt and prayers for you’re nephew and family.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
On that note if there is any nurses / firemen that would be willing to take precautions but go and give him an IV, I will make it worth your while.

Dave, if he’s as bad off as you say why isn’t he in the hospital being cared for? I’d take him back to the hospital and get him admitted ASAP.

hallett21

Reaction score
If you don’t have it handled by 10am tomorrow pm me.

socal0487

Reaction score
They were in Europe. he’s going on day five of not keeping anything down.. and she said she couldn’t pretend to know how much weight he’s lots in those five days.

Do the math.

Nausea/vomiting is not very common with the coronavirus as the coronavirus comes from the SARS family that attacks your respiratory system. If you haven’t received test results back yet, not sure how you can definitively say it’s coronavirus?

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Nausea/vomiting is not very common with the coronavirus as the coronavirus comes from the SARS family that attacks your respiratory system. If you haven’t received test results back yet, not sure how you can definitively say it’s coronavirus?

this^^^.

Salmonella maybe? If he’s been throwing up and diarrhea for 5 days it sounds like something else. Just a thought. Hope he turns the corner. I’d still try and go back to the hospital.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this Dave. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and those affected (and those who will be).

I appreciate you posting this information so all the doubters can see this is very serious.

I have to say I'm quite concerned about what is to come for all of us

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I got sick traveling in Asia when SARS and Bird Flu were big. That was a shit deal and I was positive I had one of the two. Turned out to be Salmonella, which seems to align with the symptoms described here and was downright awful. Dave, I hope it’s the same type of deal with your nephew. To help with that hope, maybe it would be beneficial to examine some of the facts here.

- He was traveling with other family members in what we can assume were close quarters (on the plane, etc) and no other family members are sick, correct?
- He has been released from the hospital and sent home. During this time, if there is a strong suspicion one is infected with a virus that is causing a pandemic, it would be very unlikely for that person to be released with an unknown diagnosis and still presenting with significant symptoms, especially on an international travel deal.
- Five days in and no test results yet. A new case in a new area would be given the highest priority for obtaining test results in the interests of quarantining others who have been exposed to him before a further spread occurs. Five days is far too long, and I’d suspect the test results did not yield anything that would warrant CDC intervention. When I got salmonella, I was not contacted by the hospital or any doctors to tell me. I found out when I got a call from the county health department two weeks later wanting to know where I got it.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have it, but if we take an objective look at the facts, we could be optimistic and see a very real possibility that he doesn’t have it. I really hope for you and your family that is the case and he’s better soon!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I hope he gets better quick. An IV would help, dehydration is a nasty thing.

At 20, I'd have shit myself if the hospital staff walked in in hazmat gear. When I was 28 I had a bad MRSI infection from a spinal surgery. They wore suits too, and it freaks you the F out... Hard to be a badass when you're near naked, and it looks like a scene from ET in your room.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I got sick traveling in Asia when SARS and Bird Flu were big. That was a shit deal and I was positive I had one of the two. Turned out to be Salmonella, which seems to align with the symptoms described here and was downright awful. Dave, I hope it’s the same type of deal with your nephew. To help with that hope, maybe it would be beneficial to examine some of the facts here.

- He was traveling with other family members in what we can assume were close quarters (on the plane, etc) and no other family members are sick, correct?
- He has been released from the hospital and sent home. During this time, if there is a strong suspicion one is infected with a virus that is causing a pandemic, it would be very unlikely for that person to be released with an unknown diagnosis and still presenting with significant symptoms, especially on an international travel deal.
- Five days in and no test results yet. A new case in a new area would be given the highest priority for obtaining test results in the interests of quarantining others who have been exposed to him before a further spread occurs. Five days is far too long, and I’d suspect the test results did not yield anything that would warrant CDC intervention. When I got salmonella, I was not contacted by the hospital or any doctors to tell me. I found out when I got a call from the county health department two weeks later wanting to know where I got it.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have it, but if we take an objective look at the facts, we could be optimistic and see a very real possibility that he doesn’t have it. I really hope for you and your family that is the case and he’s better soon!

Back to the Salmonella thing. Most flu’s where you are throwing up and have diarrhea run their course in 24 to 48 hours. Salmonella lasts longer. I had it and I can tell you I was close to death. I watched a program on it once and it is bad bad... please keep us posted on his progress.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, if he’s as bad off as you say why isn’t he in the hospital being cared for? I’d take him back to the hospital and get him admitted ASAP.

They went to three different places. They don’t want them. Sent home.

Salmonella or Corona You’d think they’d admit him. (It isn’t salmonella). I can’t type out entire conversations in text. The symptomS matched which is why they swabbed him.

If your head is in the sand then god help ya.. Because they aren’t gonna.

Hence the reason why I asked if anyone would go give him an IV I’ll make it worth your while. $$.

RD

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did he receive an IV in any of the three places?

nope..

Literally full dress hazmat looking shit and six feet away to take their info. Pretty unreal.

honestly I’m Considering legal action later at this point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What happened to the Hippocratic Oath?
I'm sorry I cannot help, no skills but being a patient...

went out the window with the hypocrites..

My house is on lockdown as of tonight.

I need to do a few things but it’s Lysol bath time in each instance. I’m already a germophobe so I got that going for me. Lol

bk2drvr

Reaction score
nope..

Literally full dress hazmat looking shit and six feet away to take their info. Pretty unreal.

ill stop with the questions but he’s probably severely dehydrated and that’s not good. People go in all the time for fluids when they have the flu. It’s very common. if he’s at the point of severe muscle pain (due to lack of fluid) and can’t walk 10 feet without getting out of breath they should get him to an ER.

hallett21

Reaction score
What hospital? Where is he now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
ill stop with the questions but he’s probably severely dehydrated and that’s not good. People go in all the time for fluids when they have the flu. It’s very common. if he’s at the point of severe muscle pain (due to lack of fluid) and can’t walk 10 feet without getting out of breath they should get him to an ER.

I’ll ask a question.. when is the last time you had the flu when you were 20 that lasted 5 days with no signs of improvement?

Mom says too weak to travel fright now. Hence the looking for a home IV service somewhere around there?

I can get it at my house for 115.00 for partying too much. I’ll pay double that (or more) if someone goes tomorrow.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
nope..

NOT cool.....and Scary......this sounds like some shit Kingman would pull.:confused:

c_land

Reaction score
Hey RD. The vomiting has only occurred in 5% of patients so far. This very well may be something else. Still a chance it is Corona, but those are rare symptoms according to online sources. Hopefully gives you a little peace of mind and some sleep tonight.
24A98AB6-5A74-431D-8CA2-28F6AB1E4ED3.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey RD. The vomiting has only occurred in 5% of patients so far. This very well may be something else. Still a chance it is Corona, but those are rare symptoms according to online sources. Hopefully gives you a little peace of mind and some sleep tonight. View attachment 855768

Started with fever
Soar throat
Coughing
Now puking non stop and keep anything down..

I’ll get an update tomorrow.

the main reason I posted this was to show the response.. as soon as symptoms matched hospital staffs were six feet away asking for info. They swabbed and said go home..

I don’t care who ya are, that’s scary as shit.. kid is sick AF and now nobody wants anything to do with him. Mom calling and trying everything and scared shitless..

In short.. if you don’t think you are being lied too buy now on this thing you got your head in the sand. It touched my family up close and personal and the response was good luck!

This thing is no joke. There’s very little doubt in my mind what it is he’s got.. I just found out all the rest of this tonight.. somehow the response surprised me... and on the flip side didn’t surprise me.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I’ll ask a question.. when is the last time you had the flu when you were 20 that lasted 5 days with no signs of improvement?

Mom says too weak to travel fright now. Hence the looking for a home IV service somewhere around there?

I can get it at my house for 115.00 for partying too much. I’ll pay double that (or more) if someone goes tomorrow.

When I had Salmonella in my mid 20’s. If he’s too weak to travel it’s time to call 911. I hope he gets the medical attention he needs and gets turned around.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When I had Salmonella in my mid 20’s. If he’s too weak to travel it’s time to call 911. I hope he gets the medical attention he needs and gets turned around.

I agree.. we will see what happens tomorrow. Judging by what happened already though??

We have all been reading articles online. The instant they thought he had it it was 6 foot and hazmat suits and go home. I am not sure what the proper response to this is but if you catch it I’m pretty sure you’re fucked. That is what I learned tonight

ALAN F

Reaction score
Dave,
this was the only point I was trying to make and couldn't believe the responses ,all I can say is it doesnt take a genius to sit back and see whats happening, this is some serious shit and being prepared and taking whatever precautions to avoid this is common sense!!!!!I hope your nephew with youth on his side gets thru this ,wake up people!!!!!Take care of yourself and family and good luck,id think twice about exposing yourself around people with mother in law issues ,im proceeding with lockdown as well.My in laws and parents are all not going to do well with any respiratory issues from this, take care.

c_land

Reaction score
Started with fever
Soar throat
Coughing
Now puking non stop and keep anything down..

I’ll get an update tomorrow.

the main reason I posted this was to show the response.. as soon as symptoms matched hospital staffs were six feet away asking for info. They swabbed and said go home..

I don’t care who ya are, that’s scary as shit.. kid is sick AF and now nobody wants anything to do with him. Mom calling and trying everything and scared shitless..

In short.. if you don’t think you are being lied too buy now on this thing you got your head in the sand. It touched my family up close and personal and the response was good luck!

This thing is no joke. There’s very little doubt in my mind what it is he’s got.. I just found out all the rest of this tonight.. somehow the response surprised me... and on the flip side didn’t surprise me.

Understood and agreed. I hope you all get some good news regarding his situation soon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Understood and agreed. I hope you all get some good news regarding his situation soon.

I’ll keep everyone posted.. my point of the thread was so many were saying this is BS..

It isn’t..

The response once they matched symptoms?

Scary A F..

we are literally on our own..

socal0487

Reaction score
I agree.. we will see what happens tomorrow. Judging by what happened already though??

We have all been reading articles online. The instant they thought he had it it was 6 foot and hazmat suits and go home. I am not sure what the proper response to this is but if you catch it I’m pretty sure you’re fucked. That is what I learned tonight

thats proper protocol currently for anyone “suspected” of being a potential covid 19 pt. Sounds like when he was in the hospital he wasn’t experiencing any vomiting so how are they supposed to treat that? You said they went to 3 different places? Did they take his vitals and assess him? If it has gotten so bad now at home to the point he has cramping, fatigue, weakness, lightheaded/dizziness upon standing up, blurred vision, then yes it is time to call 911. But make sure you tell dispatch his recent travels and pending test for it so first responders can take necessary precautions.

Last edited: