WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Nephew got it.. Temecula

4Waters

Reaction score
I've had salmonella poisoning it was rough, 2 days of nonstop vomiting, on day 3 the diarrhea stopped and on day 4 I was damn near 100%. @RiverDave they need to ask for an antiemetic (it will slow or stop the vomiting) it will need to be suppository though. I do believe he might be in the 5%, sounds worse than salmonella.

Edit: Don't get OTC get a prescription as those work the best. Not even sure they have OTC now.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Unreal that none of the places he’s been to, offered an IV bag.

Crazy shit...he’s sick and needs medical attention. No matter what the name of the illness is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mikes56

Reaction score
There are suppositories available that will stop the vomiting. Maybe then he can keep some fluids and food in his stomach. That will help and make him feel better. The suppositories don't have to be administered by a nurse. I think they are a once every 24 hour dosage.

4Waters

Reaction score
There are suppositories available that will stop the vomiting. Maybe then he can keep some fluids and food in his stomach. That will help and make him feel better. The suppositories don't have to be administered by a nurse. I think they are a once every 24 hour dosage.
Yes but the only ones that work worth a shit are prescription.

Sandlord

Reaction score
wow, sorry to hear this Dave. Whether it's the CV, the Flu or food poisoning, I hope and pray that someone can get him the help he needs.
There is a big variety of people here with a very diverse background. Hopefully someone sees this who can help.

K-DOG

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my wife has it. Started on Saturday with fevers, dry coughing and shortness of breath. Still feeling the same today with the cough getting worse each day. Called into Dr. and spoke over the phone. He said she probably has it but won't test her because she is not in one of the at risk groups. Told her to stay at home for 14 days and took her off work as she is an RN. Overall she doesn't feel too bad, way better than with the regular flu. We have a 3 year old and 6 month old that is breastfeeding. There is no way to quarantine her from rest of us so we will see what happens. I am sure I will get it but I feel fine so far. Other than runny noses, the kids also are fine but it seems that it doesn't affect kids like adults.

The statistics they are providing on the number of cases is not accurate at all. That is only the people they are testing. Most people will not be tested.

Your nephew seems to have something else. This is not like the normal flu that causes stomach problems. Maybe he has multiple things from traveling.

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my wife has it. Started on Saturday with fevers, dry coughing and shortness of breath. Still feeling the same today with the cough getting worse each day. Called into Dr. and spoke over the phone. He said she probably has it but won't test her because she is not in one of the at risk groups. Told her to stay at home for 14 days and took her off work as she is an RN. We have a 3 year old and 6 month old that is breastfeeding. There is no way to quarantine her from rest of us so we will see what happens. I am sure I will get it but I feel fine so far. Other than runny noses, the kids also are fine but it seems that it doesn't affect kids like adults.

The statistics they are providing on how many cases there are is not accurate at all. That is only the people they are testing. Most people will not be tested.

Your nephew seems to have something else. This is not like the normal flu that causes stomach problems. Maybe he has multiple things from traveling.

I am very sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you & your family.
RD, best of luck to your family also.

riverroyal

Reaction score
He is 20. Imagine this if your 65, overweight and no muscle mass. Your screwed

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
They were in Europe. he’s going on day five of not keeping anything down.. and she said she couldn’t pretend to know how much weight he’s lots in those five days.

Do the math.

Vomiting and diahreah are not symptoms of corona/covid-19. They are of normal flu. There is a high chance that he has normal flu. All interviews I've seen with people that have had said all symptoms were cough and mild sore throat.

First reports of this out of China came in late October early November, Air travel was completely unrestricted for almost 4 months, there have been thousands of people that have had it and never knew.

socal0487

Reaction score

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Man if they are turning away people now what happens when it really geta bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
ok... no more BS here....
it's a Flu strain... But a F.ing Super Flu

My Honeys Best Friend.. RN for 40 years (just a sharp cookie, Dr.s consult her.. Cheryl Lee).. says this shit is the Real Deal.... says most people will contract this virus....and it will be treated successfully..... just not all at the sametime... THAT IS THE PROBLEM.... not enough facilities to provide medical assistance at the same time...

that is the problem... who do you treat???

a 20 y/o I would believe is the candidate would should be treated.

Dave, your nephew and Family is in our prayers...
sorry, nothing to offer...
(I do have T.P that I can offer, sorry just trying to lighten it up a little)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am pretty sure my wife has it. Started on Saturday with fevers, dry coughing and shortness of breath. Still feeling the same today with the cough getting worse each day. Called into Dr. and spoke over the phone. He said she probably has it but won't test her because she is not in one of the at risk groups. Told her to stay at home for 14 days and took her off work as she is an RN. Overall she doesn't feel too bad, way better than with the regular flu. We have a 3 year old and 6 month old that is breastfeeding. There is no way to quarantine her from rest of us so we will see what happens. I am sure I will get it but I feel fine so far. Other than runny noses, the kids also are fine but it seems that it doesn't affect kids like adults.

The statistics they are providing on the number of cases is not accurate at all. That is only the people they are testing. Most people will not be tested.

X1000 K-Dog.

Numbers are way way off. Hope your wife and RD’s Nephew (whatever he’s got, yeesh) get better.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. I hope you all get through this with minimal discomfort. Keep us posted if you can

riverroyal

Reaction score

socal0487

Reaction score
ok... no more BS here....
it's a Flu strain... But a F.ing Super Flu

My Honeys Best Friend.. RN for 40 years (just a sharp cookie, Dr.s consult her.. Cheryl Lee).. says this shit is the Real Deal.... says most people will contract this virus....and it will be treated successfully..... just not all at the sametime... THAT IS THE PROBLEM.... not enough facilities to provide medical assistance at the same time...

that is the problem... who do you treat???

a 20 y/o I would believe is the candidate would should be treated.

Dave, your nephew and Family is in our prayers...
sorry, nothing to offer...
(I do have T.P that I can offer, sorry just trying to lighten it up a little)

unfortunately a 20 yo should not be treated unless life threatening symptoms due to the fact a 20 yo can battle symptoms and beat them.

1584543707496.jpeg

2Driver

Reaction score
After dealing with family in critical condition you quickly learn YOU have to be the healthcare project manager for your sick family member You have to answer-average and facilitate things you wouldnt thiink you would have to.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing by getting in the middle if it and taking charge, don't hesitate to professionally it stir up

Hope it all turns out for the best Dave

Singleton

Reaction score
I truly believe my wife had it back in late November early December.
she was out for a solid week and had lingering symptoms for 8 weeks. Recovered once then got knocked back down in a January.

@RiverDave - thoughts with your nephews family. if your mom needs something, I can try to help. Can’t promise, but will try!

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
If he wasn't so far away and in a different state I'd stick him for you. I'm not licensed in CA though. Like others have said, call 911 and they will give him fluids. They will assess him and want to transport but you can always AMA if the hospital is going to just release him anyway.

We are discouraging patients from transport unless absolutely necessary. Most of our community is elderly and at risk so they are much safer at home then in a germ infested hospital.

Sorry your nephew is sick but he may in fact be better off at home. Whether he has CV19 or something else the hospital may not be able to provide any treatment other than rest and fluids which you can do at home. Did they give him any instructions before releasing him?

I understand the hospital PPE/BSI protocols. They have to protect themselves and other patients. Imagine if all healthcare providers got sick?

MSum661

Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks.
If there is any silver lining is that kids that age are super resilient and can fight off a lot of illnesses.
Hope he bounces back and starts to feel better soon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Vomiting and diahreah are not symptoms of corona/covid-19. They are of normal flu. There is a high chance that he has normal flu. All interviews I've seen with people that have had said all symptoms were cough and mild sore throat.

First reports of this out of China came in late October early November, Air travel was completely unrestricted for almost 4 months, there have been thousands of people that have had it and never knew.

Started with that and turned into this I guess..

ya gotta remember Iam not woth him. I talked to his mom last night and she’s doing her best to stay strong.. when we were talking her voice cracked a couple times.

I didn’t want to start probing her for every detail, she’s already going through a hard enough time without that..

I am horrified at the response that they have gotten so far though..

Today I’m gonna work on trying to get an IV for him and talk to her some more.. if things are as bad again today as she said yesterday then I’ll tell her to call 911

Havazoo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Dave, our prayers will be with him and please keep us posted. I'd like to follow his progress.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

ya gotta remember Iam not woth him. I talked to his mom last night and she’s doing her best to stay strong.. when we were talking her voice cracked a couple times.

I didn’t want to start probing her for every detail, she’s already going through a hard enough time without that..

Today I’m gonna work on trying to get an IV for him and talk to her some more.. if things are as bad again today as she said yesterday then I’ll tell her to call 911

I'm totally with you RD, the response is definitely bullshit. But if i step back from this, i've had flu where i couldn't keep anything down for 3-4 days more than once in my lifetime, childhood through adulthood. Didn't you have it a couple years ago where you were sick for like 2 or 3 weeks? Imagine if you had that same thing right now in the midst of this, the natural reaction would be to freak out, i get it....

I'm pretty good at weathering a storm of sickness, a couple years ago I had food poisoning where finally after 5 days of not being able to keep anything in from either end i went to the quick care, which is 20 miles away (not an easy trip to make when you are in those conditions) turned out to be e.coli after having to take a 2nd trip to deliver a stool sample. Within 8-10 hours of taking a 7 day antibiotic run it almost instantly cleared up.

We can get sick from many things, and during this time of panic it's very easy and natural to want to lump it in with this corona thing.

I'm not saying your Nephew doesn't have it, i'm just saying that those symptoms do not match according to all medical information presented on it, and there are many other things that can cause 4 or 5 days of gut rot.

I hope he gets better, i hope you can get the situation handled for him.

We need to let cool heads prevail in this. Acting under emotion and stress leads to bad outcomes most of the time.

charred1

Reaction score
Maybe just call 911 then. Half of our calls we’ve been running at my station have been going through the Coronavirus screening process. Our dispatch goes through certain triage questions and If they fall into the potential Coronavirus spectrum, we only send in our medic. He will be dressed in what some peeps might think is scary “full hazmat gear,” however it’s merely a thin gown, mask, face shield and double gloves. The patient gets loaded up in the ambulance and off to the hospital they go. The crazy thing is 3-4 weeks ago these calls would have been chalked up as the flu. Everyone and their grandma now thinks they have the coronavirus because of headache or sniffle. Why is that? The media...this is why some of us might have became a bit jaded and call BS. Now our EMS systems and hospitals are being maxed out with people thinking they need medical care, that in the past would have just been told to drink fluids and get bed rest. Meanwhile, pediatrics deaths due to the influenza spiked since the beginning of the year, but no one is talking about that. Good luck to your nephew and a speedy recovery moving forward.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm totally with you RD, the response is definitely bullshit. But if i step back from this, i've had flu where i couldn't keep anything down for 3-4 days more than once in my lifetime, childhood through adulthood. Didn't you have it a couple years ago where you were sick for like 2 or 3 weeks? Imagine if you had that same thing right now in the midst of this, the natural reaction would be to freak out, i get it....

I'm pretty good at weathering a storm of sickness, a couple years ago I had food poisoning where finally after 5 days of not being able to keep anything in from either end i went to the quick care, which is 20 miles away (not an easy trip to make when you are in those conditions) turned out to be e.coli after having to take a 2nd trip to deliver a stool sample. Within 8-10 hours of taking a 7 day antibiotic run it almost instantly cleared up.

We can get sick from many things, and during this time of panic it's very easy and natural to want to lump it in with this corona thing.

I'm not saying your Nephew doesn't have it, i'm just saying that those symptoms do not match according to all medical information presented on it, and there are many other things that can cause 4 or 5 days of gut rot.

I hope he gets better, i hope you can get the situation handled for him.

We need to let cool heads prevail in this. Acting under emotion and stress leads to bad outcomes most of the time.

Agreed, well said. If they tested him and you never got a call back, it very well could be negative.

Usually medical professionals don’t waste time calling you to deliver negative (good) test results - no news is good news. But in the current confusion, who knows.

squeezer

Reaction score
Was hit with West Nile when it was going around... was strong/fit/healthy going in. Lost 20 pounds in three weeks. Getting out of bed long enough for a pee wore me out enough to need another three hours of sleep. My wife was frazzled by the time I came out of it. That was with no kids and no financial pressures. It doesn’t take much imagination to realize this thing is going to kill some folks outright and devastate a lot of households.

Reactions: DWC

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The CDC giudence on young people that contract this is to go home and wear it out. That's probably why he is where he is and not taking up a hospital bed.

I chatted with our urgent care and essentially if you can breath, you are going home. There is no treatment for the disease, just treatment for the symptoms.

If all else fails dial 911.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Maybe a nurse or EMT from here can FaceTime or Zoom with your nephew and his mom. It could provide some insight.🤷‍♀️
Hoping he can get well, prayers said.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
My 20 year old kid got sick a couple weeks ago. High fever...cough...couldn't eat. He went to the doctor and got tested- Influenza A. They sent him home- it lasted a a couple weeks- he is 6'1" and went down to 140lbs, (looked bad) but he's fine now.

Unless you are having trouble breathing, they do not want to admit you to a hospital. There is no treatment for the disease, only try to minimize the symptoms. Influenza is no joke.

The CDC guidance on young people that contract this is to go home and wear it out. That's probably why he is where he is and not taking up a hospital bed.

I chatted with our urgent care and essentially if you can breath, you are going home. There is no treatment for the disease, just treatment for the symptoms.

If all else fails dial 911.

Exactly.

Englewood

Reaction score
I truly believe my wife had it back in late November early December.
she was out for a solid week and had lingering symptoms for 8 weeks. Recovered once then got knocked back down in a January.

@RiverDave - thoughts with your nephews family. if your mom needs something, I can try to help. Can’t promise, but will try!

I'm with you on this...I was sicker than shit with similar symptoms back in September...Had to go to Urgent Care twice and they were kinda puzzled. Ended up chalking it up as a "slight pneumonia"...It was pretty bad. My wife got it right after. Some friends were sick for 3-4 weeks last month before this was a big craze...I think this has been here for a while. I don't buy it that we're one of the last to get it.

Grandma's elderly sister is in PA dying from this now. Never leaves her house either.

Xring01

Reaction score
Dave..
My wife informed me to have you Sister, post the need for a nurse on FB Temecula Talk.

There is a RN on Temecula Talk who helping people in this scenario...

I am not a FB person... this is all coming from my wife.

spark2678

Reaction score
Although I don't think your nephew has COVID-19 due to the symptoms you mention, he has something nasty and should be monitored carefully in case things go further south.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Last night it sounded like he was severely dehydrated. I sent her some info on how to check him and she just sent me a photo of him at hospital getting fluids with a mask on. So hopefully that helps. She’s still waiting on results.
That’s good news. Hopefully he’ll be feeling better once he gets some fluids in him.

rivergames

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with your nephew Dave and Stacy.

On another note, you can't say "He Has It" until the tests come back positive.

My Grandma has something going on right now too.. It started last Tuesday with a Fever. She was in the kitchen and fainted. Thank God my grandpa was there and caught her as she went down. She went to the hospital for a few days. The Fever subsided, they ran tests, and she was released a few days ago. She 100% thought she had it, test results came back negative to Corona. Then she slightly fainted again so they are trying to determine what the heck is going on right now.

H2O

Reaction score

A recent study from China found that diarrhea was a prominent symptom among up to half of patients with COVID-19 during the outbreak in Wuhan.

this is a Novel (new) Virus...the available information changes almost daily

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A recent study from China found that diarrhea was a prominent symptom among up to half of patients with COVID-19 during the outbreak in Wuhan.

So you are saying the TP hoarding is now valid?

Asking for a friend.

PlanB

Reaction score
Hoping for the best for your family member, Dave. Our neighbor's kid has it and his symptoms have been mild. He is a first responder in his late 20's / early 30's, and tested positive for Covid 19. He in on the downside of it now and will be Okay.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

A STUDY of 204 patients? 87% of them Anorexic? Did you read and understand the opinion piece from ONE SINGLE doctor?

Not a great source IMO.

I hope your nephew recovers RD, sounds like he finally is getting some treatment for whatever is going on with him.

H2O

Reaction score
A STUDY of 204 patients? 87% of them Anorexic? Did you read and understand the opinion piece from ONE SINGLE doctor?

Not a great source IMO.

I hope your nephew recovers RD, sounds like he finally is getting some treatment for whatever is going on with him.

It really neither here nor there, as long as Daves nephew gets better.

Just hope people don't rule out having the virus because they have vomiting and diarrhea along with other symptoms.

I believe the study states "Patients who experienced digestive symptoms had a variety of manifestations, including anorexia (83.8%)"...i.e. anorexia is a manifestation of digestive symptoms from the virus.

Other studies site the same info, such as CDC site:

The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar in children and adults. However, children with confirmed COVID-19 have generally presented with mild symptoms. Reported symptoms in children include cold-like symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, and cough. Vomiting and diarrhea have also been reported. It’s not known yet whether some children may be at higher risk for severe illness, for example, children with underlying medical conditions and special healthcare needs. There is much more to be learned about how the disease impacts children.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

I'm so sorry to hear of this Dave. But I wouldn't wait until tomorrow. I would do it now if he is that dehydrated. I know Temecula does not have the best local hospitals. I would recommend them calling Cedars Sinai or UCLA Santa Monica or Westwood. Those are top notch facilities my company works with.

Prayers sent.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It really neither here nor there, as long as Daves nephew gets better.

Just hope people don't rule out having the virus because they have vomiting and diarrhea along with other symptoms.

I believe the study states "Patients who experienced digestive symptoms had a variety of manifestations, including anorexia (83.8%)"...i.e. anorexia is a manifestation of digestive symptoms from the virus.

Other studies site the same info, such as CDC site:

The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar in children and adults. However, children with confirmed COVID-19 have generally presented with mild symptoms. Reported symptoms in children include cold-like symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, and cough. Vomiting and diarrhea have also been reported. It’s not known yet whether some children may be at higher risk for severe illness, for example, children with underlying medical conditions and special healthcare needs. There is much more to be learned about how the disease impacts children.

Anorexia (an-o-REK-see-uh) nervosa — often simply called anorexia — is an eating disorder characterized by an abnormally low body weight, an intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of weight. People with anorexia place a high value on controlling their weight and shape, using extreme efforts that tend to significantly interfere with their lives.

Anorexia is not a symptom, it's a separate diagnosis of mental and physical starvation. The doctor who claimed it as a symptom has even less credibility in my mind.

As far as young children, they are like .02%..not even measurable.

The CDC is full of shit.

Not attacking you H20, just pointing out flaws I perceive in the "article" you posted.

I agree, the most important thing is that RD's kin gets healthy again!

Scary the responses they received while trying to get help?!

ROZ

Reaction score
Children’s University Loma Linda might be closer for them, Dave.

We have had our fair share of children’s hospital stays in San Diego, the specialists at UCLA, and most recently, Loma Linda. The facilities and care were very good.

I hope your nephew’s condition turns around ASAP and his recovery is short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk