WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My opinion of the new HB "management"

rrrr

Reaction score
After absorbing the events of yesterday and reading all of the comments about it, I wanted to offer my observations.....

Let's draw a parallel between Hot Boat and the Team Giltronix threads that were up a few days ago. How many people said they were amazed at the complete lack of business sense that was displayed? You read the guy's idiot blabbering and it was like watching a bridge collapse in slow motion. No one could be that stupid. Anyone with a brain knows you can't run a business like that.....

But something even more amazing happened yesterday. A well known brand that had tons of intrinsic goodwill accumulated over years simply grabbed its corporate dick and cut it off.

All of us that have made friends and used the forums as a means to communicate with each other found out we were completely unimportant to the new owners of Hot Boat. We found out the caring we had for others, the help we offered people in need, was insignificant. Loyal customers of the website and magazine that have millions of dollars of purchasing power were told to piss off. Hundreds of guys that spent time helping other boaters in the tech forums were informed their contribution to the boating community wasn't worth shit.

All of the manufacturers that relied on HotBoat magazine and the forums to get out word for their products, all of the companies that paid for banner advertising on the website and print ads in the magazine, everyone that used Hot Boat as a vehicle to display their message about the boating industry got kicked square in the nuts.

It's hard to believe the management of Hot Boat could act in a manner so incredibly inept and idiotic. But they did.

I won't be going back. I hope everyone else makes the same decision. Eff 'em.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
After absorbing the events of yesterday and reading all of the comments about it, I wanted to offer my observations.....

Let's draw a parallel between Hot Boat and the Team Giltronix threads that were up a few days ago. How many people said they were amazed at the complete lack of business sense that was displayed? You read the guy's idiot blabbering and it was like watching a bridge collapse in slow motion. No one could be that stupid. Anyone with a brain knows you can't run a business like that.....

But something even more amazing happened yesterday. A well known brand that had tons of intrinsic goodwill accumulated over years simply grabbed its corporate dick and cut it off.

All of us that have made friends and used the forums as a means to communicate with each other found out we were completely unimportant to the new owners of Hot Boat. We found out the caring we had for others, the help we offered people in need, was insignificant. Loyal customers of the website and magazine that have millions of dollars of purchasing power were told to piss off. Hundreds of guys that spent time helping other boaters in the tech forums were informed their contribution to the boating community wasn't worth shit.

All of the manufacturers that relied on HotBoat magazine and the forums to get out word for their products, all of the companies that paid for banner advertising on the website and print ads in the magazine, everyone that used Hot Boat as a vehicle to display their message about the boating industry got kicked square in the nuts.

It's hard to believe the management of Hot Boat could act in a manner so incredibly inept and idiotic. But they did.

I won't be going back. I hope everyone else makes the same decision. Eff 'em.

You know your right.. I agree with H20's theory that Hotboat owes us nothing.. Yet on the same hand I feel almost "betrayed" by this whole fiasco? I know they owe me nothing, but still. WTF?

The PM thing is really pissing me off too, becuase I had all kinds of phone #'s in there that are gone now.. Not HB's fault, but a little warning would've been nice.

RD

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Hundreds were told to piss off? I was under the impression that only a few were banned. I've helped a few folks with GM technical questions and hooked up some peeps with a deal here and there. I was banned, I don't know why. But, I consider myself as one that was told to "piss off". The other folks were told nothing, and are in limbo as to what their fate will be. So if you didn't get "the boot", I wouldn't take it to heart. However, if you think that what happened to me and folks like me is BS, I appreciate that. But hundreds told to "piss off", eh not so much. Not yet anyway.
Heck, I'm not so sure if I'm pissed just yet, so far I'm just plain confused.:confused: