WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Placecraft Jet Boat build is finally on the water.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
@cyclone , awesome build. I'm curious on the CO2 for the bucket. If you lose line pressure will it stay in the "forward" position. Or could the bucket close putting you into a "reverse" situation.

motormonkey

Reaction score
@cyclone . Awsome build and boat.
With that much power( I'm guessing 2500hp) will the pump hold it or do you think dual pumps would have been better.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
What fuel and desired boost for the project.
it could run on pump gas if I stayed out of the boost but I'm running 118 octane Rockett Brand leaded racing fuel because its cheaper than an engine rebuild. :)
I'll likely not run more than 10 psi until I get the tune and underwater hardware straightened out. I'm taking baby steps to make sure I'm safe while driving it.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
@cyclone , awesome build. I'm curious on the CO2 for the bucket. If you lose line pressure will it stay in the "forward" position. Or could the bucket close putting you into a "reverse" situation.
if I were to lose Co2 pressure I'd simply take a string to something and tie the reverse bucket open so I could drive back to the dock. If I was running WOT and lost Co2 pressure and the bucket began to close the water pressure from the jet drive would likely blow the bucket right off the jet drive. It's a cast piece of aluminum and wouldn't survive the blast. The nice thing about the Holley Dominator EFI system is that its data-logging capability. It's monitoring everything including the Co2 system pressure and I can set warning lights on the digital dash to let me know when its running low on pressure.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
it could run on pump gas if I stayed out of the boost but I'm running 118 octane Rockett Brand leaded racing fuel because its cheaper than an engine rebuild. :)
I'll likely not run more than 10 psi until I get the tune and underwater hardware straightened out. I'm taking baby steps to make sure I'm safe while driving it.

makes sense. C16 is cheaper then pistons is a saying I’ve had since the old days of turbomustangs.com

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
if I were to lose Co2 pressure I'd simply take a string to something and tie the reverse bucket open so I could drive back to the dock. If I was running WOT and lost Co2 pressure and the bucket began to close the water pressure from the jet drive would likely blow the bucket right off the jet drive. It's a cast piece of aluminum and wouldn't survive the blast. The nice thing about the Holley Dominator EFI system is that its data-logging capability. It's monitoring everything including the Co2 system pressure and I can set warning lights on the digital dash to let me know when its running low on pressure.
Makes sense, was just wondering if a line popped at WOT if it would could slam shut. You have the pop off so I’d assume that would relieve most of the pressure. It’s a bad ass setup, not knocking it at all. Just trying to understand, and my what if OCD kicking in (I don’t know jet boats much at all) I guess if the air doesn’t really “hold” it any position, it just moves it to a position then should be all good. Again, congrats on a sick build.

BONER

Reaction score
Ooh, a Mountain Motor! Fuckin sweet!

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Nice! Been following on YouTube. Top notch work!