WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Placecraft Jet Boat build is finally on the water.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
Six or seven years after taking delivery of a bare Tom Peterson Placecraft jet boat hull and untold hours of wiring, plumbing and fabricating, I took my son out for its maiden voyage. Still needs tuning but it was super fun. There are a bunch of videos on my YouTube Channel, Finnegan's Garage, about the build. this was the best kind of self-isolation; only 2 other boats on the entire lake. I'm hoping the world gets back to some sense of normalcy by summertime so we can enjoy the water again. :)

details:

19-6" long
hull weighs 420lbs
711ci Sonny Leonard Hemi
twin Precision turbos
Holley Dominator EFI
Dominator jet drive by B1 Racing

toto

Reaction score
Six or seven years after taking delivery of a bare Tom Peterson Placecraft jet boat hull and untold hours of wiring, plumbing and fabricating, I took my son out for its maiden voyage. Still needs tuning but it was super fun. There are a bunch of videos on my YouTube Channel, Finnegan's Garage, about the build. this was the best kind of self-isolation; only 2 other boats on the entire lake. I'm hoping the world gets back to some sense of normalcy by summertime so we can enjoy the water again. :)

details:

19-6" long
hull weighs 420lbs
711ci Sonny Leonard Hemi
twin Precision turbos
Holley Dominator EFI

View attachment 856523
Hell yeah your boat came out Amazing.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
thank you...……..I needed that. 👍

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I watched your episode showing the first launch on finnegan's garage, great show! RIP wastegate cap :p
What kind of power are you expecting out of that motor? Absolute beast!

RaceTec

Reaction score
Been watching, are you ever going to bring it out to the west coast?

gqchris

Reaction score
Thanks @cyclone for posting. I needed to see that right now and get me out of this slump! Badassssss!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What are the water and air temps out your way? One of my friends showed me some of the build some time back. A lot of neat detail work into that motor's turbo setup. Looks great sir!

D19

Reaction score
Sweet dude! I knew you were getting close. Saw your aluminum driveshaft at B1 before it went out. Sick! It's all a blur but I think I made some pillow blocks for you. Hope to see it and you on the river this summer!

Im getting close. Can’t wait!

63EA3C84-746D-48DF-ADAB-28147A753976.jpeg

90666BE7-7AC7-4250-B712-FB56F4B2B9FA.jpeg

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Mike, hope you do make the River this summer would love to see this in person, back to Lost Lake!

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Very nice! what happened to the blue boat you used to run in Blythe? That was an awesome gel job on that one. That was some good times and good group out on the sand bar.

FlatNv

Reaction score
please post if you do, love to check it out.. great feeling after all the work firing it and getting it wet 99% successful :) then cracking the beer !
I checked out 1st video and felt it 👍 turned out bad ass !!

Streetmoto

Reaction score
I've been watching the progress on your channel, looks awesome! Keep the videos coming, excited to see something about the tuning process.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
A little different from the Old Rogers.
Again, Super cool. 👍

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm calling BS! That's not a jet boat...It didn't shoot a rooster tail, it wasn't running on 7 cylinders, and it didn't breakdown.;)

HCP3

Reaction score

details:

19-6" long
hull weighs 420lbs
711ci Sonny Leonard Hemi
twin Precision turbos
Holley Dominator EFI

View attachment 856523

Hell ya! Amazing how loud the turbos are!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Beautiful and that’s just the sound. When will we see the videos on plane?

cyclone

Reaction score
What are the water and air temps out your way? One of my friends showed me some of the build some time back. A lot of neat detail work into that motor's turbo setup. Looks great sir!
it was 80 degrees air yesterday and about 50 degrees water temp. thanks!
Very nice! what happened to the blue boat you used to run in Blythe? That was an awesome gel job on that one. That was some good times and good group out on the sand bar.
The old boat is now in Washington with a twin turbo SBC between the stringers instead of my old nitrous BBC. I had a lot fun on that stretch of river. looking forward to doing it again soon.

cyclone

Reaction score
Beautiful and that’s just the sound. When will we see the videos on plane?
I don't have any clips of it running on plane just yet. That video was shot from the dock with an iPhone. Not sure when I'll have to opportunity to get a drone to follow me or another boat for some side-by-side filming. I'll have an update on my youtube channel next week that will have onboard footage of me cruising it around, though.

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score

details:

19-6" long
hull weighs 420lbs
711ci Sonny Leonard Hemi
twin Precision turbos
Holley Dominator EFI

View attachment 856523
Been watching on YouTube so cool to see it on the water, she came out awesome👍

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Those were some awesome times. I ended up married because of those days!
It was cool to see guys like Mike and Chris, and a bunch of others bring some legit hot rods to the lower river. Not like it used to be IMO.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Good to see you finally finished it.
Don’t be a stranger, you need to come around more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Boatings fun - boating with my son, priceless

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
@cyclone Great job mike. You’re a great guy. I still appreciate the night you Had beers with the fam at our Rv in Ming when we had a bad day of board member decisions.

Daniel Kerber

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Hey @cyclone can you take @GRADS for a ride once you bring the Placecraft out to the West Coast?
:rolleyes: I'd show him how to drive that bad boy above 5 m.p.h..... If I remember correctly from my jet boat days you just mash the barefoot pedal down until it the motor quits.😂

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
:rolleyes: I'd show him how to drive that bad boy above 5 m.p.h..... If I remember correctly from my jet boat days you just mash the barefoot pedal down until it the motor quits.😂

That's the up river version, you know a Jet Boat with an Olds.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
Is there any other motor for a jet boat than a 455????

They got down river engines too, Chevy, Ford and Hemi... It's all a preference thing, I like to go up river and down river too so it's Chevy for me. :cool:

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
That’s awesome that you posted up here. I’ve been following the build for a while

cyclone

Reaction score
Sweet dude! I knew you were getting close. Saw your aluminum driveshaft at B1 before it went out. Sick! It's all a blur but I think I made some pillow blocks for you. Hope to see it and you on the river this summer!

Im getting close. Can’t wait!

View attachment 856566

View attachment 856567
I remember your Ultra from the Hot Boat days. the pillow blocks worked perfect. :)

Reactions: D19

BingerFang

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see her running at Ming! #redcupracing

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Watched the build on your channel. Craftsmanship and love you put into the boat are obvious. Enjoyed the first float video.
Hope you and yours are well. We live in interesting times for sure.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Nice job Mike. It’s getting closer. It looks flexy but flexy is fast...

copterzach

Reaction score
I watched the video last night. Amazing boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk