WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Pop needs a Mechanic in Scottsdale AZ?

floatn turd

Reaction score
So my Pop drove out to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale AZ from CA.

His old 2000 Toyota 4runner is now "running ruff" and "missing".

He is looking for a shop that can a look at it, while he's at Barrett Jackson tomorrow

Any places or people you can think of, that may be able to squeeze in an old fart first thing tomorrow morning?

Thank you

FT

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I’ve had nothing but great experiences with Camelback Toyota. They’re the only ones I let touch my old Tacoma and was always taken care of.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Sounds good I will pass these along.

Thank you Guys.
👍

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Does the rough running/misfire only occur upon startup after it's been sitting a while and then clear up?...or does it run like that all the time? If the first one, it's got a cracked head or a head gasket leak....save him the diagnostic fee.

If the second one, I've heard of people replacing coils on these, but I've never had to do it and I've worked on thousands of these engines. Maybe someone failed to clip the plug wires back in place and insulation rubbed through on one. I can't say I've ever seen one of these have a misfire if it was even halfway cared for over the years....unless some idiot put Bosch plugs in it.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Does the rough running/misfire only occur upon startup after it's been sitting a while and then clear up?...or does it run like that all the time? If the first one, it's got a cracked head or a head gasket leak....save him the diagnostic fee.

If the second one, I've heard of people replacing coils on these, but I've never had to do it and I've worked on thousands of these engines. Maybe someone failed to clip the plug wires back in place and insulation rubbed through on one. I can't say I've ever seen one of these have a misfire if it was even halfway cared for over the years....unless some idiot put Bosch plugs in it.

OK,

Here's the scoop:
Ran fine when he left CA, it just started in AZ.
Does not go away after warn up.
He's extremely anal about maintenance and takes it to the mechanic at the first sign of anything.
And
The catalytic converters where just replaced.

77charger

Reaction score
Not a toyota but wife has Nissan and had coils go out suddenly and it will misfire pretty good if he can get a code reader it will show cylinder that’s misfiring.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Call grant at Scottsdale Protech. He is a stones throw from Barrett Jackson and very good. Super honest.

floatn turd

Reaction score
I'm not sure.
He went to a shop that had a weird ass name.
(Started with s "G" I think)

Some other shop made the recommendation by the time I gave him the suggestions from RDP.

I think they raped the little poor guy.
They got him for $1,200ish

It is what it is at this point.
😬

77charger

Reaction score
I'm not sure.
He went to a shop that had a weird ass name.
(Started with s "G" I think)

Some other shop made the recommendation by the time I gave him the suggestions from RDP.

I think they raped the little poor guy.
They got him for $1,200ish

It is what it is at this point.
😬
Well 1200 is better than towing it home then getting it fixed. Sucks but could have been worse.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Greulich's maybe? They are a local chain with multiple locations around town. I've never used them, and have heard of both good and bad experiences with them.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Greulich's maybe? They are a local chain with multiple locations around town. I've never used them, and have heard of both good and bad experiences with them.

Yup, that was it.

I told my pop not to touch his wallet and put it in a brown paper bag till he home...............so we can run a "Rape Kit" on it ASAP!
😁