WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

N-95 Masks

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
"Brandon" has decided that the Old "Cloth" masks are Not working and will be shipping 'Free" to you to a Pharmacy near you. This "Covid" deal, has cost this Country a Frightening amount of $'s.:confused:

Backlash

Reaction score
And I'm certain all of these masks were manufactured right here in the good ol' USA, under the most stringent practices possible....ensuring the safety and well-being of the end user....

🙄

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that story and thought...
8b9c5dc364d09045ff50ca992f66c1afbee40b58dde1e0b6fb9b50afe6281a2f_1.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
A properly fit tested APR with the correct filters is capable of stopping inhalation of a virus.
A positive pressure supplied air system is the end all.
An N95 paper mask with a bendable nose bridge is not capable of being “fitted” or properly “tested” to an individual because there is no “seal” on the mask.
While it is better than a simple paper particulate mask, it’s not by much.

But the basic idea is correct, NO mask is effective (except by accident) unless tested to each individual. I see ZZ Top bearded guys with a paper “mask” 3” off their faces and I just shake my head.

We won’t even get into the fact that a “mask” has nothing to do with a “breathing apparatus”.
After decades of osha, hazwopper, and countless in house training on apr and supplied air, and I don’t know how many hours of actual confined space entries all over the world, it just kills me seeing a 100% uninformed and untrained populace buying into this ridiculousness.

Or we can discuss the implications of cross contamination occurring in every aisle at Walmart, or improper disposal of used PPE.

4Waters

Reaction score
A properly fit tested APR with the correct filters is capable of stopping inhalation of a virus.
A positive pressure supplied air system is the end all.
An N95 paper mask with a bendable nose bridge is not capable of being “fitted” or properly “tested” to an individual because there is no “seal” on the mask.
While it is better than a simple paper particulate mask, it’s not by much.

But the basic idea is correct, NO mask is effective (except by accident) unless tested to each individual. I see ZZ Top bearded guys with a paper “mask” 3” off their faces and I just shake my head.

We won’t even get into the fact that a “mask” has nothing to do with a “breathing apparatus”.
After decades of osha, hazwopper, and countless in house training on apr and supplied air, and I don’t know how many hours of actual confined space entries all over the world, it just kills me seeing a 100% uninformed and untrained populace buying into this ridiculousness.

Or we can discuss the implications of cross contamination occurring in every aisle at Walmart, or improper disposal of used PPE.
If it's properly fitted it seals, you can't smell anything but your breath

EmpirE231

Reaction score
what's funny, is some people are excited about this.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If it's properly fitted it seals, you can't smell anything but your breath

How does one “fit” a paper mask that comes in one basic size, has no adjustable straps, and is available in bulk at ace hardware?

4Waters

Reaction score
How does one “fit” a paper mask that comes in one basic size, has no adjustable straps, and is available in bulk at ace hardware?
They have multiple sizes XS,S,M,L,XL. I was a large all but one year, that year I realized how well they work when fitted, the oder that they use to test the fit makes a skunk smell like a bed af roses, it's so bad you can taste it as well.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
They have multiple sizes XS,S,M,L,XL. I was a large all but one year, that year I realized how well they work when fitted, the oder that they use to test the fit makes a skunk smell like a bed af roses, it's so bad you can taste it as well.

Yeah that’s a qualitative test most likely with Bitrex. Simple pass/ fail. They also do them with a saccharin substance that isn’t as bad…lol
Had many of them as well as many quantitative test with the hoses and instruments.
But never with a paper mask.

4Waters

Reaction score
Yeah that’s a qualitative test most likely with Bitrex. Simple pass/ fail. They also do them with a saccharin substance that isn’t as bad…lol
Had many of them as well as many quantitative test with the hoses and instruments.
But never with a paper mask.
Yeah a paper mask won't pass, IDK what's in the N95 but it works, it's not 100% with covid but it's better that a surgical mask

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah a paper mask won't pass, IDK what's in the N95 but it works, it's not 100% with covid but it's better that a surgical mask

I’ll concede that, and reiterate that not a single masked up idiot we see has ever had a minute of training or fit test or cross contamination or hazardous waste disposal.