WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Naci/San Antonio: Fill er up!

Tank

Reaction score

7+ Inches!!
ARcher GIF.gif

Love it when it dumps up there. Shit was super low. We plan on dragging the cig up there a couple times this summer for sure. Gotta fill up first though.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
It poured rained most of the nite here last nite , no totals yet, supposed to rain today and tommorow as well. Very dry year so far hope Naci will recover (so the grape cartels can drain it ;) ............. I have stood on the "north ramp" and litterally watched the level rise by the minute in storm years, the water shed area is ginormous

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
It poured rained most of the nite here last nite , no totals yet, supposed to rain today and tommorow as well. Very dry year so far hope Naci will recover (so the grape cartels can drain it ;) ............. I have stood on the "north ramp" and litterally watched the level rise by the minute in storm years, the water shed area is ginormous

Those Oakshores cameras have been down since last year. You know what the deal is with them? I've been looking at the 805 live cameras which is off of the little community north of the finger that goes back to las tablas. Just checked it, looks like it's already coming up a bit. Hope if keeps pouring up there.

Minimatt

Reaction score
Drove down to the Heritage ramp at 7:15 this morning to have a look. There was so much water coming down the tributary southeast of the ramp that some of the docks were floating in the "river". The lake level hasn't come up high enough to float them, but it is definitely coming up quickly.

Tank

Reaction score
Drove down to the Heritage ramp at 7:15 this morning to have a look. There was so much water coming down the tributary southeast of the ramp that some of the docks were floating in the "river". The lake level hasn't come up high enough to float them, but it is definitely coming up quickly.
PICS Man! 😁

4Waters

Reaction score
My operator has a house in Heritage, just told him what you said.

Minimatt

Reaction score
Photo is from about 3:00 today. Rain and inflows have slowed down at the moment. If you look close you can see where the water was running much wider/deeper this morning. Still has several feet to come up before the ramp is usable.
Hertitage_01-27-2021.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
When will Noah show up ? I thought it was 7 inches of rain ?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Photo is from about 3:00 today. Rain and inflows have slowed down at the moment. If you look close you can see where the water was running much wider/deeper this morning. Still has several feet to come up before the ramp is usable.
View attachment 967149
More pictures more often please. I here by passeth the torch off to you my friend! You are now the RDP Naci ambassador!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Minimatt

Reaction score
More pictures more often please. I here by passeth the torch off to you my friend! You are now the RDP Naci ambassador!

What contest did I just win? I don't even remember signing up for one... ;)
It rained pretty good all night, and is still going. I'll try and get another photo from the same spot later today if it looks like the lake level has changed appreciably.

Tank

Reaction score
I should've grabbed a screen shot yesterday but this is what it's looking like today and let me tell you, ALWAYS amazing how fast this lake fills. That little island in the first picture was totally dry between it and the mainland yesterday at around 3 pm!! Crazy.

the second and third pic are looking at the island at the las tablas entrance finger. Lot of crap in the water. Watch that island go under water too. Hope the rain keeps coming.

naci1.png
naci2.png
naci3.png

Minimatt

Reaction score
This photo was taken at the same location, 24 hours after the previous one. I'd say the lake level is rising quickly. I just heard 4th-hand that we have received 13.5 inches of rain at the lake since this storm started.
Hertitage_01-28-2021.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This photo was taken at the same location, 24 hours after the previous one. I'd say the lake level is rising quickly. I just heard 4th-hand that we have received 13.5 inches of rain at the lake since this storm started. View attachment 967441
Is that the launch ramp by the RV park and the rental condos up the hill? Its been 20 years for me, trying to get my bearings. We use to stay in those rentals with the decks overlooking the lake.

Minimatt

Reaction score
Is that the launch ramp by the RV park and the rental condos up the hill? Its been 20 years for me, trying to get my bearings. We use to stay in those rentals with the decks overlooking the lake.
This is the Heritage Ranch launch ramp. The photo is taken across the drive from the RV campground and the old HOA offices. Closest condos are about a mile away. Perhaps you are thinking of the public marina/Nacimiento Resort? They have rental cabins/condos over there that overlook the lake, as well as public campgrounds.

4Waters

Reaction score
Post 12 will give you a better idea of where he took the pics

Tank

Reaction score
Water is rising crazy. I've heard over the years for every inch of rain, naci raises 1+ foot. Looking at these pics I believe it.

this is only 9 hours roughly later.

Gonna be a great spring.

naci4.png
naci5.png
naci6.png

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Yea, the misadministration of the water rights is a highly contested situation. They won't allow monitors to supervise them when they open up the gates to 500% of what they are supposed to release.

It's a shit show.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Yea, the misadministration of the water rights is a highly contested situation. They won't allow monitors to supervise them when they open up the gates to 500% of what they are supposed to release.

It's a shit show.
Sounds like liberals running the spigot...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Absolutely pouring right now. Hope its dumping up there. 193 miles North to be exact....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

It's a shit show.
Sounds like liberals running the spigot...
That's what happens when a neighboring County is running the show of a lake 100% outside its county lines.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

boatnam2

Reaction score
i thought that place was like over flowing a year ago? It was already a mud pit again.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Heard San Antonio was down to wet mud, at best. What’s the situation over there. Once a large striped bass population. That had to have been a mess.

4Waters

Reaction score
Heard San Antonio was down to wet mud, at best. What’s the situation over there. Once a large striped bass population. That had to have been a mess.
They had some big ass striper in there

bonesfab

Reaction score
We were there for The 4th of july one year when it was full. No overflow camping as it was all under water. Such a good time. Had to 98-99 or so.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Local AC contractor has a ranch that used to be waterfront. Few years ago he said it was a 10 minute rzr ride to the waters edge. Doesn't fill up fast like Naci.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Local AC contractor has a ranch that used to be waterfront. Few years ago he said it was a 10 minute rzr ride to the waters edge. Doesn't fill up fast like Naci.
San Antonio's run-off basin is something like a quarter of the size of Naci's. Couple that with Monterey's piss poor management of the water and you get this scenario. Monterey County owns 100% of the water rights on San Antonio. I believe they also own a large portion of the land around the lake, both unlike Naci. They share the water rights (although a small percentage relatively) with San Luis Obispo county and neighboring communities and such as well as they only own a small percentage of the land around Naci as must about everything NOT between the dam and Heritage ramp is privately owned (there may be a little bit of shoreline between the 2 ramps that is private, but not much). This, I guarantee, is the primary motivating factor for why Monterey County wants to put in a transfer pipeline between the 2 lakes. There is very little oversight for their releases at San Antonio besides the state that really doesn't give a shit, versus at Naci where there are thousands of people constantly watching all information available and questioning everything Monterey County does. Then of course you get the enviro-nut jobs that are constantly trying to turn a historically seasonal river into a perineal river all in the name of "nature".

Tank

Reaction score
Still
On the rise! 24 hours and the island across from the camera is nearly under water!!
22C704B1-D8C6-40BB-A19A-2214F14EF45B.png
AE905635-D49C-4DCD-964D-A5C5B47E081B.png
A4FF2A41-F5DE-41AA-91F2-A4D2193B52FC.png

0BCEA5A2-905F-4C9C-B170-9F45722B6CDD.png

Tank

Reaction score
Here’s the little island yesterday morning yesterday afternoon and just now. Just wish I got a picture two days ago. It was completely out of the water and no island at all.

BE22AF98-2F5A-4CE4-872A-30F3888312C1.png
BD3E851B-7060-47AF-A54D-4188900DE4BF.png
E85C04D0-EE92-47A6-91E6-B86B928D4872.png

Tank

Reaction score
Hmmmm lots of debris this spring for Props and Impellers , water pickups .....
What was it a couple years ago when Naci spilled over because of all the rain we had? I went up and ran in April and the rain had just finished up in March. Never had a problem, it was all gone by then.

4Waters

Reaction score
This photo was taken at the same location, 24 hours after the previous one. I'd say the lake level is rising quickly. I just heard 4th-hand that we have received 13.5 inches of rain at the lake since this storm started. View attachment 967441
Another pic today if possible, same spot

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I know the water is coming up, but previous to this storm, was the lake even boatable?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This is the Heritage Ranch launch ramp. The photo is taken across the drive from the RV campground and the old HOA offices. Closest condos are about a mile away. Perhaps you are thinking of the public marina/Nacimiento Resort? They have rental cabins/condos over there that overlook the lake, as well as public campgrounds.
That was it, the rental cabins and condos and the public RV park is where we used to go.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Three pic's over the last three days. Sorry about the sun glare , and my finger blocking some of it on the last one.

View attachment 967867 View attachment 967868

View attachment 967869
In your last picture.... the little peninsula on the bottom left of the cove..... hit that once after dropping off my driver to get the truck. Cracked my favorite prop there. I've been tempted to go dig it down a few times since. Lol!