WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Name the car game

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
As530 said? Lol

My apologies. Didn't scroll back and didn't have my damn cheaters on. You said it first for sure. I think you have the best match so far.
I am trying to get ahold of a guy that was at the show with me when we were looking at the rat rod that did indeed have those rear fenders on it, he may have a pic...but he is a long winded mofo and his line has been busy for an hour.

Looking at some Franklin hoods, I can't find any pics with the 5 set hood louvers. Will be fun to find out wtf it is.

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.๐Ÿ˜
Reaction score
None the less we all appreciate your participation here on rdp. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
My apologies. Didn't scroll back and didn't have my damn cheaters on. You said it first for sure. I think you have the best match so far.
I am trying to get ahold of a guy that was at the show with me when we were looking at the rat rod that did indeed have those rear fenders on it, he may have a pic...but he is a long winded mofo and his line has been busy for an hour.

Wheeler

Reaction score
It'd be the best chick magnet in all of Parker๐Ÿ˜„
I want me some of them thar Parkabilly babes for my own!

262774335_116779560820353_6008284577778256888_n.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I keep refreshing the thread hoping to find out what it is. Canโ€™t believe itโ€™s taking so long.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

Looking at some Franklin hoods, I can't find any pics with the 5 set hood louvers. Will be fun to find out wtf it is.
No sweat but there is a prize involved!
Wheeler it might be a Lanart but I think itโ€™s a Leverite.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Never seen one at Pebble or Amelia. Might be why it is lying in the desert and not scooped up.

It was a nightmare for the mechanics and support guys on our event. It was never going to make a thousand miles. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
The one I know gets driven on the regular. But you have to be a special kind of guy to have very unique cars. Ya not sure on what situation a Franklin would be invited unless the marque was air cooled lol.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Never seen one at Pebble or Amelia. Might be why it is lying in the desert and not scooped up.

It was a nightmare for the mechanics and support guys on our event. It was never going to make a thousand miles. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
I recently received an email wanting to purchase it. I"m not sure where or how they got my email but it had to be a neighbor which I only have one withing two miles. I think I'll move it to the south 40 next to the Gran Torino and the Schiada:)
IMG_8993.JPG
IMG_8989.JPG

Wheeler

Reaction score
No sweat but there is a prize involved!
Wheeler it might be a Lanart but I think itโ€™s a Leverite.
I'm kinda afraid to move it as it might fall apart. think I'll just take your advice and leave it right there. :)

Wheeler

Reaction score
I keep refreshing the thread hoping to find out what it is. Canโ€™t believe itโ€™s taking so long.
I've had many people look at it and say they know until they go home to research it only to find out they were mistaken.

I would hope that some one on the Hokey ass message board will know for certain.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Iโ€™ll take a random shot with Franklin
โ€ฆ exactly what I was going to sayโ€ฆ Had a great uncle โ€ฆuncle Henry Elandโ€ฆ who had a Franklinโ€ฆ I was probably six or seven the last time I saw him or his Franklin???โ€ฆearly 50โ€™sโ€ฆ

Last edited:

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I could swear we've done this with this exact car a couple years ago here on RDP. If I were worth a shit on the search bar here I would pull it up. I know we figured out exactly what it was though. I'm almost positive Franklin is correct, 1930-32.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I could swear we've done this with this exact car a couple years ago here on RDP. If I were worth a shit on the search bar here I would pull it up. I know we figured out exactly what it was though. I'm almost positive Franklin is correct, 1930-32.
51138042379_29f91a11a1_b.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
How about a name the boat game? This should be easy as it's right up your alley.

Ps; you neglected to call me ...again. :)

15-CIMG0891.JPG
17-CIMG1028.JPG
18-CIMG0889.JPG
19-CIMG1033.JPG

Reaction score
do those guy's from the hamb have any opinions ? if those guy's don't know, nobody knows...

bottom line it's still a rust bucket.

Taboma

Reaction score
1980 Eliminator Pro Am Offshore --- 236 ? I know they had a 25' Offshore, but I think this one is a Pro Am.

Wheeler

Reaction score
1980 Eliminator Pro Am Offshore --- 236 ? I know they had a 25' Offshore, but I think this one is a Pro Am.
Damn! You're good!! even got the year correct.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Iโ€™m here. Come on over.

No clue on the boat. 24โ€™? Looks very Lavey Craft to me.
I'll try when I finish up what I'm working on.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Since you so handily nailed the Eliminator I thought I'd give you a shot at this one.

0 4(1).jpg
BOAT 016 (23).jpg
BOAT 016 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 05-0 4(1).JPG
    05-0 4(1).JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 1-BOAT 016 (18).jpg
    1-BOAT 016 (18).jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 19

Taboma

Reaction score
Obvious similarities of the deck, but more of a Howard-esque bow, but I'm inclined to guess Carrera -- but it's a guess.
Regardless, I really like it ๐Ÿคฃ I like both of them. Did the Pro Am have a pad or was it full vee like this one ?
I seem to recall a discussion some years ago that more than one company had access to the molds over time.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Obvious similarities of the deck, but more of a Howard-esque bow, but I'm inclined to guess Carrera -- but it's a guess.
Regardless, I really like it ๐Ÿคฃ I like both of them. Did the Pro Am have a pad or was it full vee like this one ?
I seem to recall a discussion some years ago that more than one company had access to the molds over time.
Yes the pro am has a pad.

Wheeler

Reaction score
do those guy's from the hamb have any opinions ? if those guy's don't know, nobody knows...

bottom line it's still a rust bucket.

I haven't figured out how to post a new thread yet and with them grumpy old men of the Hamb I don't want to mess up and put it in the wrong place. :)

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to post a new thread yet and with them grumpy old men of the Hamb I don't want to mess up and put it in the wrong place. :)

are you a member over there ? I used to be, but not even sure what my screen name and password is/was...yeah they were grumpy alright, same on the RV site iRV2.com

Wheeler

Reaction score
are you a member over there ? I used to be, but not even sure what my screen name and password is/was...yeah they were grumpy alright, same on the RV site iRV2.com

Yes for the past 10 -12 years. just been a long time since I've posted. They really flip out if you post a glass car and will ban your ass immediately. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm logged in now trying to figure it out.

I went the irv2 see to see what kind of havoc 2Forcefull was causing. :)

Reaction score
Yes for the past 10 -12 years. just been a long time since I've posted. They really flip out if you post a glass car and will ban your ass immediately. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm logged in now trying to figure it out.

I went the irv2 see to see what kind of havoc 2Forcefull was causing. :)

I see what you mean, where to post...

The Hokey Ass Message Board

Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide.

or maybe here

The Antiquated

A forum for the finding, restoration, and saving of pre-65 old shit...

Wheeler

Reaction score
That would be a nice boat if you ever got it finished! Where's the photo of the snake?

I hope to get going on it again soon. I need to retire or a least take 6 moths off and work on my own stuff yet here I am again getting up to do some paper work and plan my day of work. I'd send the boat out to a shop but you know how that turned out when I tried that . :confused:

Wheeler

Reaction score

it's a Pro Am deck that's been grafted on to a 21 Schiada jet bote' then converted to a V-drive

14-1-101.JPG

Wheeler

Reaction score
20200423_101242 (1).jpg