WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NASCAR on dirt this weekend

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Heat race points qualifying should prove interesting.
High bank long straight 1/2 mile dirt?🤨

caribbean20

Reaction score
I’ve got a distant memory of attending a night race on the dirt at Bristol in the early ‘60s while on vacation in TN. All the big guns were there (of course I had no idea at the time). Petty, Pearson, Junior Johnson, Cale, etc.

Fond memories indeed. My dad took an ass chewing for keeping us out so late😀

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. I think they chose the right venue for it. Napcar is definitely trying to get viewers back. Racing on dirt, more road courses. California is going to be a 1/2 mile track instead of the cookie cutter boring races of 1.5-2 mile oval tracks. Let em beat and bang on the short courses.

Nordie

Reaction score
Looking forward to since it was announced....I think Larson has it in the bag though....hes gonna be tough to beat on dirt.
I would say that too, but I'm sure there's some of the guys that don't get talked about as much that could give Larson a run for his money. I think Chase Elliot is a pretty good dirt guy too.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I think Larson biggest problem will be driving a NASCAR Cup car which weighs over 3,300lbs. He's used to 1,400lbs WOO Sprint cars with 200 more horsepower.

bonesfab

Reaction score
My buddies Kid was racing modifieds back there last weekend. signed up to watch it on Racexr. Been some pretty good racing in the lower classes.. Nascar should be interesting. I can't wait for the sprint cars. There were a few of the big names racing last weekend..

jetur

Reaction score
Should be a good race. A few cup guys have been racing at Bristol getting laps in for the cup race. Kyle Busch was really figuring it out. I think we will have the Kyle and Kyle show.

playdeep

Reaction score
Haven't watched since the Bubba deal but I'll watch this.
Larson&Christopher Bell will be the class of the field.
They've gone at it in Sprint cars&midgets on dirt.
Chase Elliott has become a dirt guy.He ran a super late model in Bristol last week in preparation.
He even ran the Chili bowl.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. came from dirt...he'll be good.

It's generating a lot of interest...

playdeep

Reaction score
Should be a good race. A few cup guys have been racing at Bristol getting laps in for the cup race. Kyle Busch was really figuring it out. I think we will have the Kyle and Kyle show.

Larson lapped Busch at Bristol.
...he was flying!

jetur

Reaction score
Larson lapped Busch at Bristol.
...he was flying!
I know he did but I think the heavier cars should equal the playing field. Hopefully Larson doesn't lead ever lap that would be pretty boring.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I know he did but I think the heavier cars should equal the playing field. Hopefully Larson doesn't lead ever lap that would be pretty boring.

Leading at Bristol is different than leading on a 1.5 oval. It’s lap after lap of what looks like the 91fwy during rush hour. Without the leaderboard it’s hard to know who’s leading lol.

I expect it to be a wild race and I agree that Larson & Bell will have the cars & track figured out way before the others do. They’re still going to have to fight traffic all night.

hallett3

Reaction score
I haven’t Watched nascar since all the bullshit. But see dirt racers kick ass. Kyle Larson will be a monster on that track and watch no talent bubba get whacked.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Leading at Bristol is different than leading on a 1.5 oval. It’s lap after lap of what looks like the 91fwy during rush hour. Without the leaderboard it’s hard to know who’s leading lol.

I expect it to be a wild race and I agree that Larson & Bell will have the cars & track figured out way before the others do. They’re still going to have to fight traffic all night.
My wife and I have had the pleasure of seeing Larson run a couple of times at the Gold Cup in Chico. My God, that dude is fast in a dirt car, well after the last two weekends he's FAST in anything. What Nascar did to him was way below the belt even for them. Everyone that knew what was going on didn't think twice about it.

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I haven’t Watched nascar since all the bullshit. But see dirt racers kick ass. Kyle Larson will be a monster on that track and watch no talent bubba get whacked.
Do you mean Nascar's token POS. MJ and Hamlin will throw his ass out of that car when they realize how much money they're burning on an unqualified driver. Any driver in the Busch series can drive the 23 faster than hangman POS!! 🖕 🖕 him.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
My wife and I have had the pleasure of seeing Larson run a couple of times at the Gold Cup in Chino. My God, that dude is fast in a dirt car, well after the last two weekends he's FAST in anything. What Nascar did to him was way below the belt even for them. Everyone that knew what was going on didn't think twice about it.
I’m selfishly glad that NASCAR suspended Larson last year, because we got to see him throw down one of the gnarliest seasons on dirt in history.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I’m selfishly glad that NASCAR suspended Larson last year, because we got to see him throw down one of the gnarliest seasons on dirt in history.
Very true, but they NEVER should have done what they did!!! Another plus was he came out on top in a Hendrick's car. Nothing like the best equipment!!

playdeep

Reaction score

I feel the same....
Got see Larson in Arizona in November.
Big 2 day 360 winged sprint car show.60+of the best 360 guys in the country.
Larson swept both nights...we stood in the infield mesmerized.He ran the entire features with the right rear tickling the wall.
Never made a mistake.
Even more amazing was that he hadn't run a 360 all year&he showed up and kicked everyone's ass's..

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
My buddies Kid was racing modifieds back there last weekend. signed up to watch it on Racexr. Been some pretty good racing in the lower classes.. Nascar should be interesting. I can't wait for the sprint cars. There were a few of the big names racing last weekend..

Fitzy? He put in a solid showing! I race/ raced RC cars with him. Solid kid, head on right etc.

In other news, Late Models were averaging 130+ mph on the dirt!!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My wife and I have had the pleasure of seeing Larson run a couple of times at the Gold Cup in Chino. My God, that dude is fast in a dirt car, well after the last two weekends he's FAST in anything. What Nascar did to him was way below the belt even for them. Everyone that knew what was going on didn't think twice about it.

He’s my favorite driver, and you’re right, the last two weekends he’s shown he belongs in the Big Leagues. He can flat out wheel a stock car and forget about it in the dirt. He’s a Motorsports unicorn and gifted as hell.

Like the saying goes, “God works in mysterious ways.” The BS move by Nascar is also what got him a seat in Rick’s car. He’s got Jimmy Johnson ability in the Hendrick camp.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
It's definitely going to be a Bell - Larson battle, can't wait. Everyone needs to spread the word, super high TV rating's will send a message to Nascar.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
Flew out for the weekend to watch the main events and get a chance to be at Bristol. Two things I see this weekend. Lots of Napcar fans pissed about the dust flying throughout the place and a single groove track. Seeing Larson average 123mph around the joint was awesome though. Also no safer barriers and the speed they are going equals night over if you hit the wall. Austin Dillon ran a 604 late model and did well so put him in the Larson/Bell list.
09E99FBB-4B2D-481D-A20E-BB2D7671F615.jpeg

Nordie

Reaction score
Aric Almirola replaced by his boss!

Is this true? I doubt it, but Tony is a badass on the dirt. Shit they should let some of the retirees run on dirt. Gordon could probably still wheel a car and JJ.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Is this true? I doubt it, but Tony is a badass on the dirt. Shit they should let some of the retirees run on dirt. Gordon could probably still wheel a car and JJ.

Well of course you heard it on the internet :D

No I just made it up. Sounds interesting though.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Cant wait! Excited to see it. Going to be good. Suspect Larson to school them.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I haven't watched a race in years but love watching dirt. My problem is I don't have enough time to invest in learning drivers so who to root for is a little more challenging. This should solve both of those issues. Very much looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Flew out for the weekend to watch the main events and get a chance to be at Bristol. Two things I see this weekend. Lots of Napcar fans pissed about the dust flying throughout the place and a single groove track. Seeing Larson average 123mph around the joint was awesome though. Also no safer barriers and the speed they are going equals night over if you hit the wall. Austin Dillon ran a 604 late model and did well so put him in the Larson/Bell list. View attachment 984681
Austin who?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I read that Kyle Larson had to do an engine swap after practice yesterday, which means he starts from the back on Sunday. This should be good to watch.

playdeep

Reaction score
I read that Kyle Larson had to do an engine swap after practice yesterday, which means he starts from the back on Sunday. This should be good to watch.

They're running heat races this afternoon(FS1). to determine starting positions for tomorrow's race.
Larson is/was scheduled to start outside front row in the first heat.
Saw where the track started coming apart&excessive tire wear after only 20 laps.
laps.Gonna be Interesting...

Tom Slick

Reaction score
They're running heat races this afternoon(FS1). to determine starting positions for tomorrow's race.
Larson is/was scheduled to start outside front row in the first heat.
Saw where the track started coming apart&excessive tire wear after only 20 laps.
laps.Gonna be Interesting...
I could be wrong, but I believe I read that he will now have to start in the back of the heat and also start in the back tomorrow.

playdeep

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe I read that he will now have to start in the back of the heat and also start in the back tomorrow.

Damn...that's gonna be rough.Your're probably right...tho.
Track's gonna be locked down black slick 1 groove.
Bet he puts on a show!