WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NASCAR on dirt this weekend

caribbean20

Reaction score
Finally, racing is BACK!. F1 and NASCAR on dirt, shaping up to be a fun weekend for watching.

Now if we could only see a return of Boat racing😒

Nordie

Reaction score
Postponed until tomorrow. I'm sure nascar really dreaded making that call.

playdeep

Reaction score
Ex. Brother in law was there he sent this to me tbis morning...
Just a little rain.
FB_IMG_1616972687036.jpg

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
After that much rain, wonder how long it will take to reprep the track to make it ready for racing? 🤔

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Running the trucks first then the cup cars after all that rain I cant imagine the track is going to be in great shape by the time the cars hit the track. Should be interesting...

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
OK, going to have to watch this mess. I used to race ministocks when I was a kid. Loved racing in the dirt. Not really into nascar, especially after the games they have been playing and pandering they are doing.

This looks like fun though.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Haha...did any of you see the start of the first Truck heat race the other day. It had rained and the track was heavy when they dropped the green. It took about 100 feet before the pack couldn't see anything when their windshields got covered in mud. They red flagged it after 1 lap. Was NASCAR that clueless to not understand that you don't run windshields on dirt? Or did they plan on running on a dry slick dust bowl? Man did NASCAR look stupid after that mess.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Are the Televising Todays escapades??
I just surfed around and couldn't find anything, BUT, Nashville had some flood inducing rains and Bristol is east of there.....
Ray

playdeep

Reaction score
Did they get the truck race in, complete?

Yes...they did.
What I've heard..
Martin Truex won.
Larson got crashed going to the front.
3/4 wide racing,some beating&banging.
Supposedly good race.
...guess we'll see.

Nordie

Reaction score
Larson and Bell just collected...dang the dirt guys just tore up their stuff.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Larson still running 2 laps down, getting one back now.

He got through that whole field in 35 laps or so and gets collected. Now I am sure it isn't turning as well, but let's see if he can get back on the lead lap and make it happen. If not, Suarez with no experience is pretty fascinating to watch right now.

Let's go Hendrick to the front.

DUN

Reaction score
He got through that whole field in 35 laps or so and gets collected. Now I am sure it isn't turning as well, but let's see if he can get back on the lead lap and make it happen. If not, Suarez with no experience is pretty fascinating to watch right now.

Let's go Hendrick to the front.

Went down a 3rd lap right before the comp yellow and ripped what's left of the front clip apart in the process... Suarez is definitely coming out of left field and impressing.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The forced cautions for tire changes are kinda lame. They should have to come in when they have to come in...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
That was fun. Ended on a shootout. Hated the stages but still I would like to see them do this again. Daytona Beach would be Awesome.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
That was cool. The UPS driver came into the office and watched for a bit too. Hope his route isn't too late now...

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Yep, I enjoyed it. Great racing. Track was in good shape for most of the race, they had some dust/sun in the eyes problems from the middle of the race going forward. After some restart pileups they began starting single file. Fun race to watch, Boyer is a hoot in the booth.
Announced they're going to do it again next year at Bristol.
NASCAR made a good move with the dirt and more road courses...
Haters flame away. 😁

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I enjoyed it while they were racing. The no competition pit stops were stupid in my opinion. They should have been reg pit stops. Then they switch to single file restarts. Why? Also stupid.

Then they said they would do this stupid shit next year. Won't be watching that race

We have a group of about 4-6 people that we get together each week and watch the race. Not one of the 6 of us liked the race format.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I enjoyed it while they were racing. The no competition pit stops were stupid in my opinion. They should have been reg pit stops. Then they switch to single file restarts. Why? Also stupid.

Then they said they would do this stupid shit next year. Won't be watching that race

We have a group of about 4-6 people that we get together each week and watch the race. Not one of the 6 of us liked the race format.

Non comp pit stops for safety of crews. Not much traction on the concrete pit stalls with dirt on them.
went to single file after multiple restarts with crashes because drivers couldn’t see thru the dust. It took a few laps for dust to blow off somewhat.
Our group thought it was a good race. Hated that my driver Truex who won the truck race and was top 4 the entire race got a flat right front on last lap for 18th...

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Fuck NASCAR and their racist shit. Stopped following just isn’t right....But everyone thinks life is grand.