WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

National Guard deployed to Tahoe

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Believe it has to come from a request from the city or state, they cannot just be sent in by Washington, that may actually be considered an act of Martial Law if so.

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
shoot when I lived in SLT (Carson City as well) we got away with everything 82-89 at least. So few LEOs when I was a kid we mostly got busted by the NFS or Strip security.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
giphy-26.gif

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Bunch of news clips and video online...not bullshit. Looks like they are there for evacuation and safety...not as much security. Just like hurricanes, earthquakes and floods, they can do more than act as barricades.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
When San Diego had its big fire back in 07 there was national guard all over the place enforcing the evacuation zones. Keep us from getting back into our neighborhood for a few days even after the fire had burned through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnoC653

Reaction score
The National Guard can only be called out by the state governor. For the feds to mobilize the guard (only happened ounce for school segregation), it takes a super majority of house and senate. The national guard works for the state governor and since they work for the governor they can use special police powers given to them by the chief law enforcement officer of the state (the governor) and enforce laws without the need to declare martial law. If the federal military is called in, they have no authority outside of a combat zone unless martial law is declared.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
Most likely not BS, I figure they are there for security against looters, it would be really hard for LEO to patrol that entire area, I think we will see more of this with large evacuation areas.
I agree most likely not BS. When Thomas fire went through Ventura friends kid with the guard was called in for security for over a week. So it does happen.