WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nautical pool remodel

fishing fool

Reaction score
A friend (yes I have a few) just sent me these pics of the pool area at the nautical. Going to put in cabanas around the pool
02449DD4-8550-4DCB-84AE-7B1C091D6A92.jpeg
7E21ACC7-4E78-422B-B946-FF58D6A0BBA7.jpeg
B06DED15-80F2-4439-AC11-D19A2BA023E4.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how many people buy into the cabana idea.

Does Nautical see a large crowd that’s not bringing a boat? If you’re getting a cabana in Vegas or the like you’re there for the majority of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
As long as it's done by july... our last time there they were not letting anyone in that bar/pool area who did not have a room at nautical security was telling them to use the other bar.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how many people buy into the cabana idea.

Does Nautical see a large crowd that’s not bringing a boat? If you’re getting a cabana in Vegas or the like you’re there for the majority of the day. Or they don’t stay there. I have been many times over the years. Or they don’t stay there. I have been many times over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of people that stay at the Nautical and use the pool don’t have boats. The ones that do will go out in the morning or later and use the pool in between boat rides.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I'm sure the pool was in need of some repairs, the deck layout can certainly be refined to be more functional. Funny, when they first built the pool they tried making it like Vegas and it doesn't stick with the trends of seasons and guests. Hope they get it done soon for some spring break visits. We enjoy rolling in for a cocktail and a swim when the crowds are light.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
How many here remember the old pool? They should build another one, where the office building burned down 20 years ago (the view of the lake from a pool there would be amazing).

JFMFG

Reaction score
Wish they would open the beach back up for bar customers and not keep doing the rental spots for rooms.

Singleton

Reaction score
Wish they would open the beach back up for bar customers and not keep doing the rental spots for rooms.

it is not all hotel guest beach parking
the first few spots next to the Turtle bar we’re free and FCFS, now they even charge for those. Open to public, FCFS get the spot for the day ($50). Hotel guest can’t get those spots

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
They need to fix and expand the docks. Maybe even provide boat valets (dock hands) like the rest of the civilized boating world’s hot beds durning peak season. This would be a small investment and provide $ a return. The summer crowds this year are going to be unreal on the water everywhere. I really do not understand why local businesses are not taking advantage.

JFMFG

Reaction score
it is not all hotel guest beach parking
the first few spots next to the Turtle bar we’re free and FCFS, now they even charge for those. Open to public, FCFS get the spot for the day ($50). Hotel guest can’t get those spots
Yes but go back maybe the last 5 years to how many spots were available to pull up sand stake it and walk up to the bar and every year that little spot of beach has gotten smaller and smaller.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
How many here remember the old pool? They should build another one, where the office building burned down 20 years ago (the view of the lake from a pool there would be amazing).
I remember the old pool and the old Tiki bar from back in the early 80’s. I also remember the comedians Bird and McDonald that performed in the inside bar at night. :p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They need to fix and expand the docks. Maybe even provide boat valets (dock hands) like the rest of the civilized boating world’s hot beds durning peak season. This would be a small investment and provide $ a return. The summer crowds this year are going to be unreal on the water everywhere. I really do not understand why local businesses are not taking advantage.

Real docks and dock hands? Where do you think we are LOTO?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yes but go back maybe the last 5 years to how many spots were available to pull up sand stake it and walk up to the bar and every year that little spot of beach has gotten smaller and smaller.
Not to mention its the rockiest portion of the beach, no thanks, ill pass

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score

100% agree
We would stop at the end of the day for happy hour (food + drinks), now we just retrieve and head back to house.

Nautical could be a gold mine, if run correctly. Poor Mgmt trying to milk every penny out of folks actually reduces revenue IMO

RichL

Reaction score
100% agree
We would stop at the end of the day for happy hour (food + drinks), now we just retrieve and head back to house.

Nautical could be a gold mine, if run correctly. Poor Mgmt trying to milk every penny out of folks actually reduces revenue IMO
Based on our numerous trips out there over the years, typically staying at the Nautical, and everything I've witnessed personally on the last few, plus what I'm reading here, I couldn't agree more. Makes me think if we ever go back, we'll likely stay somewhere else.

playdeep

Reaction score
I remember the old pool and the old Tiki bar from back in the early 80’s. I also remember the comedians Bird and McDonald that performed in the inside bar at night. :p

The old Tiki Terrace was a blast.
Live music during the day&walking around over a layer of spilled drinks...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The docks suck, gelcoat killers with nails and missing rub rails, the little slice of beach where you can park for a beer is rocks and then if by chance you park your boat on a completely wide open stretch of the beach some fat fuck security guard wants to charge you $50. Screw that place, I was glad to see the LBR take all of their revenue, they deserved it.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I am in agreement with the masses, the Nautical had some of the best margaritas on the lake. But over the last 10 years, the hospitality has shit the bed.
"Sir you can't park here" okay I'll go around and beach there.
Again "sir you can't park here" Jesus Christ! How am I supposed to patronize your food establishment?!
The Nautical is on prime real-estate and is run by jerk-off's. They've lost my business...