WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nautical Resort solo launch

EBT531

Reaction score
I have a reservation for weekdays in June at Nautical resort. If you solo launch, is there a spot near the ramp to beach the boat or something to put the truck/trailer away? I solo launch all the time so not worried about that part, but usually I'm at a spot with a pier to tie up to. Thanks!

hallett21

Reaction score
I would suggest going early before 8am.

I can put our vector on the little sandy beach on the left side of the ramp. Then park and hustle back down.

Option 2 is back the truck down and leave it running and put a note on the window to have someone pull it forward if it’s blocking the ramp. While you go tie up at the slips.

We’ve helped launch multiple people who were solo and just left their trucks running up at the berm in front of the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not usually. No dock either.
The houseboat and pontoon rental guys will start yelling at you to get off their spots.
Once in a blue moon you might get away with it just to the left of the ramp if you're lucky.

hallett21

Reaction score
If you do it just put the trailer on the left or the right. Just not in the middle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score
I do it all the time there solo.

Looking at the ramp from the water (the side the pontoons are dry docked) there is a soft sand beach about 15 ft wide just to the left of the ramp. I back off the trailer - beach right next to the trailer I just came off of, then go park the truck and come back to the boat and go.

Easy - no problem. I've done it 100 times, usually I pick my wife or kids up at the Turtle store - I send them to get ice while I launch, then pick them up over there.

EBT531

Reaction score

Looking at the ramp from the water (the side the pontoons are dry docked) there is a soft sand beach about 15 ft wide just to the left of the ramp. I back off the trailer - beach right next to the trailer I just came off of, then go park the truck and come back to the boat and go.

Easy - no problem. I've done it 100 times, usually I pick my wife or kids up at the Turtle store - I send them to get ice while I launch, then pick them up over there.

Sweet, thanks!

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score

Why not have the Wife just back you in and just drive down to the back lot next to the Marina and you meet them at the store?

sirbob

Reaction score
Why not have the Wife just back you in and just drive down to the back lot next to the Marina and you meet them at the store?

Because our room is usually a shorter walk to the store than the truck / launch area. Dad does the long haul, the wife and kids go get ice in the Air Conditioned store when its 110 out.

We don't always do it that way but about 1/2 the time we do. When we do the ramp together, my wife backs the truck in - drops me - then goes and parks the truck in the fenced in area on the top of the hill (trying to stay away from the dust of other trucks passing). Then I pick her up on the house boat dock while they try to tell me I can't use their dock:).

She also hates parking over in the area you're talking about.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I do it but people tend to get mad. I launch the boat and the truck stays put on the ramp/in the water. I then drive the boat all the way to the courtesy docks, tie up and then run back to pull the truck out. All in all, I hog up one lane for a good 15 min.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I do it but people tend to get mad. I launch the boat and the truck stays put on the ramp/in the water. I then drive the boat all the way to the courtesy docks, tie up and then run back to pull the truck out. All in all, I hog up one lane for a good 15 min.
You launch. idle all the way to the docks. tie up. and run back to the ramp in 15 min? I'm impressed

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Last time I was there
There was no dock to tie up to

Singleton

Reaction score
Last time I was there
There was no dock to tie up to

never has been
back in 2006 when I purchased my timeshare I remember seeing the master plan and included docks by the launch ramp. Master plan sold me. Next time, I will revise the T&C’s to include that in any purchase.