WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Alright...who wins the finals this year?

• LAC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LAL

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • BUCKS

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ROCKETS

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • NUGGETS

• UTAH

• BOSTON

• ANOTHER TEAM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Care to make a wager on the Clips making the playoffs or not?

Talk to me in April when the clips are in 8 spot on life support following their historic fall, which won't be far, given their current pole.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Talk to me in April when the clips are in 8 spot on life support following their historic fall, which won't be far, given their current pole.

Come on now. Lets be realistic...at least somewhat realistic ;)

I do believe that happened last year to a team though. Any chance you know which team? Lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Clippers will make the playoffs...lol

They could probably get out of the first round if they only had 1 of there big 2.

It does seem like they have some chemistry/Lockerroom issues.....Wonder how long until Paul George or Uncle D request a trade ;D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

They could probably get out of the first round if they only had 1 of there big 2.

It does seem like they have some chemistry/Lockerroom issues.....Wonder how long until Paul George or Uncle D request a trade ;D

I dont think it has anything to do with the locker room but they do need to pick up up and play more consistently.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

I've never cared for Paul George for that reason. He seems to have/creates issues wherever he's been.....

Seems to be the way with many of the current stars. The big money and ability to move increases their ego issues and inability to just shut up and play to win.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I've never cared for Paul George for that reason. He seems to have/creates issues wherever he's been.....

Seems to be the way with many of the current stars. The big money and ability to move increases their ego issues and inability to just shut up and play to win.

My niece knows him and went to school with him. Lets see if she can shed some light on this. I am going to ask her a few questions next time we talk. I believe he is actually a pretty quiet guy.

sirbob

Reaction score
Anybody planning on going to the SDSU game on Feb 1 - I think Lenard will be there. They are retiring his SDSU jersey at Viejas area that night. Clips play in the afternoon then I assume he will haul ass / helo down there for the ceremony.

Go SDSU! The only D1 undefeated team right now and looking to move up in the polls this week after teams ahead of them lost this week...

JB in so cal

Reaction score
ooooff that was rough. LBJ needs to watch video of his freshman son and focus on doing what's gets paid to do...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
ooooff that was rough. LBJ needs to watch video of his freshman son and focus on doing what's gets paid to do...

I assume you are talking about the Celtics beat up of the Flakers tonight? I didn't see it but did see the score.

Was he trying to watch his sons game DURING the game?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ho hum...Can we just fast forward to the WC championship between the Flakers and Clips already.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The clippers blew a 21 point lead? Ouch.

What happened to princess Leonard tonight? Break a nail?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The clippers blew a 21 point lead? Ouch.

What happened to princess Leonard tonight? Break a nail?

Three starters out.....PG, KL and PB.....They still have to finish that one out. WTF

Ahhhhh.......Next Tuesday is chapter 3 for this year

RCDave

Reaction score
Even good teams have an off night sometimes

Old Texan

Reaction score
The Rockets broke their slump last night. Hardin got rid of the cornrows and sweat rag.....Knew that was the issue. His shooting still is a bit off, but Westie got the flow going.

Gonna be a long interesting run in the West

Old Texan

Reaction score
Three starters out.....PG, KL and PB.....They still have to finish that one out. WTF

Ahhhhh.......Next Tuesday is chapter 3 for this year
Leonard and George sure seem to be in the shop a lot.....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

As a fan of BB it sure is frustrating. I prefer that players play unless injured. I dont care for the BS load management at all.

That being said the Clips have bigger goals than the reg season best record deal. It could bite them in the end.

Yep.....going to quite interesting down the stretch.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Clips just improved getting a player the Flakers tried to get. Might now get Collison as well...another player the Flakers want.

Flakers sitting around with their thumbs in their asses while Clips go to work and get it done.

Love it

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Clips just improved getting a player the Flakers tried to get. Might now get Collison as well...another player the Flakers want.

Flakers sitting around with their thumbs in their asses while Clips go to work and get it done.

Love it

Hey, you still have to look up when looking at the standings. Lakers are good. Collison will not sign with the Clippers. If he decides to come out of retirement, it will be with the Lakers where he will get playing time.

Also, you still have to deal with load management with prince george and princess leonard :D

This will be fun.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Looking up when checking standings:rolleyes: :eek: That must hurt doing that every day, hence the load management.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Hey, you still have to look up when looking at the standings. Lakers are good. Collison will not sign with the Clippers. If he decides to come out of retirement, it will be with the Lakers where he will get playing time.

Also, you still have to deal with load management with prince george and princess leonard :D

This will be fun.

They Clips are closing that gap.

Leonard is a King. He is the champion until someone takes the crown...lol

Clips are building momentum towards the finish line while the Flakers have sprinted all year.

Dont be so sure about Collison. You guys did with PG as well as Morris. Clips got em both ;)

Ya...Its going to be interesting down the stretch for sure

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

clippers tried that w/ that cp3 guy-----Banners---None:eek:

They Clips are closing that gap. ---Gap of mediocrity:rolleyes:

Leonard is a King. He is the champion until someone takes the crown...lol-----------------Lebron is the King-always has been do your homework:D

Clips are building momentum towards the finish line while the Flakers have sprinted all year.--------------Momentum will get you no where in a race-the Sprinter always wins:mad:

Dont be so sure about Collison. You guys did with PG as well as Morris. Clips got em both ;)---------they don't care apparently:confused:

-----------agreed:rolleyes:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
They Clips are closing that gap.

Leonard is a King. He is the champion until someone takes the crown...lol

Clips are building momentum towards the finish line while the Flakers have sprinted all year.

Dont be so sure about Collison. You guys did with PG as well as Morris. Clips got em both ;)

I think the Clippers are going to waive Isaiah Thomas.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Lakers are fine.

I don't think any of the available players were worth the asking price.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Tonight we'll get a look at full time small ball Rockets and if it can be effective against the bigger Lake show

Old Texan

Reaction score
Good job Rockets!
I can't yet go all in, but what I like is how the Rockets seem to be able to get away from the spread the floor and wait for Harden to make a late in shot clock move. That style had lost it's effectiveness.

Capella had little game outside of waiting in the paint allowing the defense to sag hinder the driving abilities of the guards. This new offense forces the D to spread allowing those drives and more open higher percentage threes.

The lack of size is countered by making the bigger teams run almost constantly.

One game doesn't make this a sure thing all season, but shows the potential of what can be if shooters are getting the open threes consistantly. It's perfect to get the most out both Harden and Westbrook as you cannot double both.

Pleasant surprise and will make opposing coaches work to find ways to defend.

Most surprising stat was the rebound numbers. That was the big concern by many, except Diantoni. Opening the paint favors the small guys getting boards. And the Rockets guards have proven to be strong rebounders anyway.

One game doesn't make a season, but great start against the stiffest team

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Also, the Rockets small ball didn't work out so well tonight.
The Suns spanked them by 36.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Also, the Rockets small ball didn't work out so well tonight.
The Suns spanked them by 36.
Problem for Houston is when they play back to back, Westmorland sits.

Problem with small ball is when the 3's don't fal and your best penetrator is in street clothes, you lose big.

Not seeing this working in the playoffs......:confused:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well the Clips laid a big friggin zero last night :(

What really caught my eye is Collison saying no to the Lakers. I guess that mystique and all really is dead. Hmmmm

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Tough overtime win for the Lakers against Denver tonight. AD is a beast. Alex
Caruso is getting better and better each game.

Damn. Tax season and he posts about 45 seconds after the buzzer. True fan

JB in so cal

Reaction score
That was an entertaining couple of OT's. Clips got hosed on several calls. Shoulda been a 4 point play.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That was an entertaining couple of OT's. Clips got hosed on several calls. Shoulda been a 4 point play.

I agree.....That was a fun game. I only got to see late 4th and the OTs. First two game losing streak of the season for the Clips. I believe they are playing below expectations. PG got hurt tonight but I have no idea to what extent.

I don't like all this rest shit. It makes it hard to really gel but the last 10-15 games the Clips will get it all together and go into the Playoffs ready.

I am hoping no injuries for anybody on the Clips or whoever they play in the playoffs.

Let the best team win.....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The Clips are getting Reggie Jackson off the waiver wire......he will definitely be an asset off the bench to handle the ball and if PB continues with injuries can step into the starting lineup. Just saw where he is like 6'2 or so but his wingspan is 7'.....jeezzzz.

Oh.....and the Lakers wanted him as well so the Clips one upped them again :)

Lets see how much sprinting the Lakers can do down the stretch.

The Clips are completely locked and loaded for the drive towards the franchises first championship......

Should be an epic end of season coming up