WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Alright...who wins the finals this year?

• LAC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LAL

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • BUCKS

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ROCKETS

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • NUGGETS

• UTAH

• BOSTON

• ANOTHER TEAM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I wouldn't think he'd be much help but the Clippers do think outside the box...
1005.jpg

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The Clips are getting Reggie Jackson off the waiver wire......he will definitely be an asset off the bench to handle the ball and if PB continues with injuries can step into the starting lineup. Just saw where he is like 6'2 or so but his wingspan is 7'.....jeezzzz.

Oh.....and the Lakers wanted him as well so the Clips one upped them again :)

Lets see how much sprinting the Lakers can do down the stretch.

The Clips are completely locked and loaded for the drive towards the franchises first championship......

Should be an epic end of season coming up

Meh, let's see if they make the playoffs. ;)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I wouldn't think he'd be much help but the Clippers do think outside the box... View attachment 846291

My brothers know him from Pebble Beach. One of them baked two bread dog bones. Gave the bigger one to my other brother and Reggie got the smaller one. When asked why he got the smaller one my brother told him that he isnt the big dog on the golf course. He laughed about it. It helps that my brother could outdrive him by quite a bit

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
The Reggie Bar was one of the greatest candy bars ever..........I hope he can play basketball as well as Mr. October did his craft.
Good luck clipfans🤦‍♂️

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Lakers picking up Morris twin brother.....lol

Also, letting Cousins go.....Damn....I kind of feel bad for this guy. His timing on his injuries probably cost him $150m or more......OUCH!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The Clippers don’t look too good and have no chance without PG in the lineup. A loss to the Kings has gotta hurt.

Oh well...[emoji3]

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
The Morris twins are poison.
Suns couldn't get rid of them quickly enough to suit me.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The playoffs will be interesting.

If one of the Clippers big two is hurt they have a problem....Something is off there sounds like some chemistry issues.

The Lakers are playing good but imho they are missing a creator/finisher that can take some of the load off lebron. Kuzma has been a let down and honestly I think Lonzo would have been a better fit with his ball handling/passing and defense. Not sure if that was ever an option but Kuzma seems like he would be happier on a crappy team getting his points and posting on instagram. They can look out of sorts in the 4th with the game on the line.

The bucks and raptors look pretty tough and play great team ball. Exciting season I could see about 5-6 teams really having a shot at the title.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The playoffs will be interesting.

If one of the Clippers big two is hurt they have a problem....Something is off there sounds like some chemistry issues.

The Lakers are playing good but imho they are missing a creator/finisher that can take some of the load off lebron. Kuzma has been a let down and honestly I think Lonzo would have been a better fit with his ball handling/passing and defense. Not sure if that was ever an option but Kuzma seems like he would be happier on a crappy team getting his points and posting on instagram. They can look out of sorts in the 4th with the game on the line.

The bucks and raptors look pretty tough and play great team ball. Exciting season I could see about 5-6 teams really having a shot at the title.

The clips...not off the court but time together ON the court together is their issue. Of course with all the in/out of the line up it hurts.

Nobody expected this out of the Raptors

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Full team available for the Clips tonight and they are playing D and with energy.

Throwing waves of players at the Griz.

Lets see if the sustain the energy. Talent wise not many teams can even dream of hanging with the Clips.

It will come down to energy and effort. If they push it I like their chances against any team and then some.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Stretch coming up for the Clips...Denver,Philly,OKC,Houston and Lakers

Going to see how they do here and it will be much more clear on if they really have it going on or not.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
The Clippers need to make sure they get the number 2 seed, they are not a good road team. Utah or the Rockets will give them a dog fight.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The Clippers need to make sure they get the number 2 seed, they are not a good road team. Utah or the Rockets will give them a dog fight.

I would like to see that happen of course. Always better to play at home.

Seems the Lakers are going to be the 1. They keep winning and have been driving for that all year long.

In the end the Clips have the players, if healthy to win at home or the road.

As Shin would say its going to fun down the stretch.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I would like to see that happen of course. Always better to play at home.

Seems the Lakers are going to be the 1. They keep winning and have been driving for that all year long.

In the end the Clips have the players, if healthy to win at home or the road.

As Shin would say its going to fun down the stretch.

Even though I’m a Warriors fan, it will be fun to watch so I will stay tuned in.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I bet it wasn't fun to watch the game last night 😬

Shin I gotta tell ya that was tough to watch. I cant wait for their season to be over. A complete train wreck this year. At least I’ve got you guy’s going back and forth and I get a kick out of that.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Complete domination last night of the Nuggets end to end. Rounding into playoff shape nicely.

Phi up next

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
@DILLIGAF Clips are scary when they're healthy, and they match up well against the Lakers. One of the Lakers weaknesses is covering high scoring wings, and the Clips have two of the very best--Kawhi and PG. I hope someone (Utah, Denver, or Huston) takes them out before they get to the Lakers, because I'd favor them to beat the Lakers withe everyone healthy on both sides.

That being said, I'd give the Lakers a better shot of beating the Bucks than I would the Clips.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Saw on ESPN, Clips are 7-0 when top 8 scorers play.......

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
@DILLIGAF Clips are scary when they're healthy, and they match up well against the Lakers. One of the Lakers weaknesses is covering high scoring wings, and the Clips have two of the very best--Kawhi and PG. I hope someone (Utah, Denver, or Huston) takes them out before they get to the Lakers, because I'd favor them to beat the Lakers withe everyone healthy on both sides.

That being said, I'd give the Lakers a better shot of beating the Bucks than I would the Clips.

Thats a good take. The Bucks handled the Clips this year but I dont think everybody was available for the Clips. Injuries are part of the game so no excuses. The Clips if lucky to play for the championship will take middleton and bledsoe out and then do the bestvthey can with gianas.

As far as the Lakers. There is way too much depth on the clips or the lakers to handle them. It might be over in 5 games. If both teams are healthy.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wild game that Houston just won in OT against Boston.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So...Ballmer trying to get the new facility built with his own money came up with another solution.

The forum is owned by the Knicks owner and have been blocking the new facility along with help by the Lakers owner. It has to do with some kind of guaranteed territory or something along those lines.

Seems Ballmer has had enough and wants to just buy the forum himself to solve that issue and then go ahead with his plans to build the new facility in Inglewood.

Its nice to have an owner that will do what it takes plus put his own money up to make it happen.

One thing that was always interesting to me....Why would the Lakers be against the Clippers getting out of the Staples Center and into their own privately paid for arena?

When all this is finally done the Clips will have their own state of the art facility they own vs the Lakers, Kings and Sparks in a facility they pay rent in.

Let the games begin....;)

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Let the games begin....;)

Ballmer is just sick of seeing the 16 championship banners every time he looks up. Oh wait, never mind, they covered those up with selfies.

I think it's good for the Clippers to get their own arena. They are the equivalent of the Raiders here in LA. Keep the riff raff away from the classy Lakers organization. :D:D:D

mbrown2

Reaction score
I think its good for the Clippers to get out... I am a Laker fan, but I like the Clips and wish they would have moved to the Pond and established a base of fans in Orange county, and pull some of the those SD Clippers back north. However, Balmer wants his own and has the capital to do so.....If the Lakers or Staples is pissed cause they are leaving it is only because the don't like losing the revenue stream... But I agree with Balmer they felt like the 3rd tenants at time...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ballmer is going to buy the Lakers old place where they had pretty much their greatest moments and possibly just tear it down...lol

Love it

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I think its good for the Clippers to get out... I am a Laker fan, but I like the Clips and wish they would have moved to the Pond and established a base of fans in Orange county, and pull some of the those SD Clippers back north. However, Balmer wants his own and has the capital to do so.....If the Lakers or Staples is pissed cause they are leaving it is only because the don't like losing the revenue stream... But I agree with Balmer they felt like the 3rd tenants at time...

4th...they have been 4th in line.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Ballmer is going to buy the Lakers old place where they had pretty much their greatest moments and possibly just tear it down...lol

Love it
In all fairness Forum and Staples are about equal in greatest moments... 6 championships at the Forum....and 6 at Staples after they hoist the 6th this year ;)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ballmer is just sick of seeing the 16 championship banners every time he looks up. Oh wait, never mind, they covered those up with selfies.

I think it's good for the Clippers to get their own arena. They are the equivalent of the Raiders here in LA. Keep the riff raff away from the classy Lakers organization. :D:D:D

Ballmer could buy and sell the Lakers 20 times over.

When they get their own facility it is going to be awesome.

Classy organization? Do classy orig secretly try to torpedo a business like they have been doing? Teaming up with the Kicks owner to stall this....yep, classy. Lol

Sounds like someone is afraid of competition to me.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
In all fairness Forum and Staples are about equal in greatest moments... 6 championships at the Forum....and 6 at Staples after they hoist the 6th this year ;)

Disagree. Watching Magic, Kareem, MJ, Bird and so forth at the Forum was awesome. Much more intense IMO. Lets just call it old skool vs new skool.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Disagree. Watching Magic, Kareem, MJ, Bird and so forth at the Forum was awesome. Much more intense IMO. Lets just call it old skool vs new skool.
I started watching the Lakers when Magic was drafted.....great times... The Kobe era was just as exciting. Lakers against Michael was not fun to watch a fan...they got demolished. Think the game when Kobe/Shaq was going against the league was just as competitive and actually more athletic than when Magic was going against Bird... MJ was on a different level but Kobe was his level in his prime... Even Michael would agree with that.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Balmer can do what he wants but LA will NEVER be a Clippers town. Sure, they have fans but it will always be known as the city of Lakers.

He would be better off going to San Bernardino. :D

In all seriousness though, if I were him, I would go to Orange County or Las Vegas.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Balmer can do what he wants but LA will NEVER be a Clippers town. Sure, they have fans but it will always be known as the city of Lakers.

He would be better off going to San Bernardino. :D

In all seriousness though, if I were him, I would go to Orange County or Las Vegas.
100%.....Vegas would be the BEST option....could really establish a fan base there and get all the glitz that you get in LA

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not happening guys. He is here to win championships in LA.