WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D

Alright...who wins the finals this year?

• LAC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LAL

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • BUCKS

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ROCKETS

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • NUGGETS

• UTAH

• BOSTON

• ANOTHER TEAM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I started watching the Lakers when Magic was drafted.....great times... The Kobe era was just as exciting. Lakers against Michael was not fun to watch a fan...they got demolished. Think the game when Kobe/Shaq was going against the league was just as competitive and actually more athletic than when Magic was going against Bird... MJ was on a different level but Kobe was his level in his prime... Even Michael would agree with that.
As I've mentioned a few times, no team was better than Wilt, West, Baylor and boys.....

RCDave

Reaction score
Balmer is probably just using this as a negotiating tactic and opportunity to force his way back into Seattle...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I started watching the Lakers when Magic was drafted.....great times... The Kobe era was just as exciting. Lakers against Michael was not fun to watch a fan...they got demolished. Think the game when Kobe/Shaq was going against the league was just as competitive and actually more athletic than when Magic was going against Bird... MJ was on a different level but Kobe was his level in his prime... Even Michael would agree with that.

I have to admit that I have been watching BB since Lew was drafted by the Bucks. That is when I started watching and never stopped.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Cant wait until Sundays game to see whats what. Flakers are going to go all out and the Clips will be trying to keep their foot on their necks. You could actually flip that statement depending on how you look at it though.

First up is the Rockets on Thursday though. It should be a good game as well.

Interesting week for the Clips and they continue with everybody healthy.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I wonder why teams aren't interested in Jamal Crawford?

I think he still has some game left in him and the Lakers can use someone to create and score 5-10 minutes a game when Lebron is on the bench. Lakers have looked great all year the only thing that concerns be is they tend to get a little stagnate and people stand around in the 4th when the games get close. Drives me crazy when AD tries to go 1 on 1 or LEbron starts taking long 3's when movement works so good for 80% of the game.

They have looked better lately and interested to see what happens this weekend.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I wonder why teams aren't interested in Jamal Crawford?

I think he still has some game left in him and the Lakers can use someone to create and score 5-10 minutes a game when Lebron is on the bench. Lakers have looked great all year the only thing that concerns be is they tend to get a little stagnate and people stand around in the 4th when the games get close. Drives me crazy when AD tries to go 1 on 1 or LEbron starts taking long 3's when movement works so good for 80% of the game.

They have looked better lately and interested to see what happens this weekend.

When JC was on the Clips he was great and he is also a quality human bit....too often the team would just rely on Him to bail them out late in games and just stand around. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt.

He is a BB gym rat and it would not take long for him to start playing at all.

I was always wondering why nobody picked him up that needed quick scoring off the bench myself.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
When JC was on the Clips he was great and he is also a quality human bit....too often the team would just rely on Him to bail them out late in games and just stand around. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt.

He is a BB gym rat and it would not take long for him to start playing at all.

I was always wondering why nobody picked him up that needed quick scoring off the bench myself.

I would rather give him a try than JR.

They have spot up shooter they need a guy that can stop a run and get buckets at will.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I would rather give him a try than JR.

They have spot up shooter they need a guy that can stop a run and get buckets at will.

As long as you do not need any def played he actually would be a good choice.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
TOs kill a team. Isnt that expected with the pace they play at though?
As you've seen in 1st half, they get in ruts without pace. Harden is off on his shot and just looks to drive and get fouled. This is what I hoped small ball would stop. Let Westbrook and Gordon get running.

Diantoni has to force them to run and get Harden shooting 3's whether he hits them or not. Eventually someone gets hot and they "lift off".....

This shows how thy can give a game away and the Clips just add to the lead. Run and gun is small ball, not this lame shit.....2nd half has t change or it's a blow out

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
As you've seen in 1st half, they get in ruts without pace. Harden is off on his shot and just looks to drive and get fouled. This is what I hoped small ball would stop. Let Westbrook and Gordon get running.

Diantoni has to force them to run and get Harden shooting 3's whether he hits them or not. Eventually someone gets hot and they "lift off".....

This shows how thy can give a game away and the Clips just add to the lead. Run and gun is small ball, not this lame shit.....2nd half has t change or it's a blow out

I didnt see it as I was working but it looks like the Clips completely dominated with a too little way to late run at the end by Houston. Going to watch it in a bit

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Clips just have too much for the Rockets. I am wayching in the second quarter and you can see the Clips are all business. They are just going to work

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hey Flakers....Dont act like you didnt watch the game come Sunday. Some pain coming your way ;)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how the Lakers do the next two games.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how the Lakers do the next two games.

If they start out shitty in the first quarter and fall behind by 10 points, it's over. They've been playing better together lately. Going to be a exciting game.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If they start out shitty in the first quarter and fall behind by 10 points, it's over. They've been playing better together lately. Going to be a exciting game.

They need to play the Bucks just like last time and keep them out of the paint but better perimeter defense on G.

If he hits 5+ 3's like last game they will have an issue.

Role players need to step up against the Clippers. Watching there game last night against the Rockets I told my kid it seems like they have 20 freaking players on the roster...lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
They need to play the Bucks just like last time and keep them out of the paint but better perimeter defense on G.

If he hits 5+ 3's like last game they will have an issue.

Role players need to step up against the Clippers. Watching there game last night against the Rockets I told my kid it seems like they have 20 freaking players on the roster...lol

And they added another today....that makes 21 :)

JD D05

Reaction score
You watching Laker games? [emoji1787]

Well ya
20200306_220653.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
Convincing laker win against the #1 team in the NBA

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Time to see what the deal is.

Just saw a stat that KL is 8-3 against LJ and hasnt lost in 5 games. Hope to see that continue.

Cheers and hoping for a good game

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Crowd is pumped the f up and it does sound pro-clips. At some point the crowd will be going back-forth at each other...lol

Players are jacked on the Clips side. Morris was talking shit to AD when he hit the floor.

Great start

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
This 4th is going to be one of urgency. Who has the energy? That will be the difference

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The Clips are going to shut down Avery in the 4th. He is playing way over his head and enough is enough.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That will do it.

Clips didnt get it done. Moreis needs to understand that if his shot isnt falling there is enough firepower to just get the little things done.

Laguna

Reaction score
Lakers sending a message with these last two wins.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Lebum awfully excited about finally beating the clips this year and considering these refs calling a foul the second anyone gets near him I’m surprised they not ahead by more.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Lakers sending a message with these last two wins.

Clips had a week of sending messages.

Flakers got it done today. Just keep counting on Bradley and you will be fine...lol

Where was barbie ghetto doll Howard?

Ok...Flakers fans you can come out from under your blankets now.

RCDave

Reaction score
There is a number 1 team in LA. And it ain't the Slippers....never have been. Maybe they will have better luck in the great western forum or seattle....