WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a good KTM bike mechanic.

floatn turd

Reaction score
mms_picture.jpg

My 'new to me' damn bike keep shutting off on the road. Then after it sits for 10 min's or so, it fires back up. I think the engine is overheating.
Its a long shot, but does anyone know a good KTM guy or just a guy that knows his shit in the Inland Empire area??

Thanks

FT

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
View attachment 253554

My 'new to me' damn bike keep shutting off on the road. Then after it sits for 10 min's or so, it fires back up. I think the engine is overheating.
Its a long shot, but does anyone know a good KTM guy or just a guy that knows his shit in the Inland Empire area??

Thanks

FT

I believe I saw that bike on CL, for pretty cheap... Did you buy it in TO?

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Husaberg FE450 that I've have for a couple of years.. I've learned quite a bit from the Husaberg owners site,http://www.husaberg.org

They do overheat from time to time, but I don't think that is your problem. A lot, and I mean A LOT of the 70 degree Husabergs are prone to faulty fuel pumps.. From the sounds of it, I think you might have a clogged or faulty fuel pump.. The pumps are deep in the fuel tank, and to replace it requires you to remove the seat,tank,subframe,battery etc... not fun but I can be fixed.. Once fixed you'll be good to go... Check out the Husaberg site, lots of good info over there.. Nice bike by the way.. :thumbsup

phuggit

Reaction score
Adv rider is a good resource for info too.

droidage.......

floatn turd

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Husaberg FE450 that I've have for a couple of years.. I've learned quite a bit from the Husaberg owners site,http://www.husaberg.org

They do overheat from time to time, but I don't think that is your problem. A lot, and I mean A LOT of the 70 degree Husabergs are prone to faulty fuel pumps.. From the sounds of it, I think you might have a clogged or faulty fuel pump.. The pumps are deep in the fuel tank, and to replace it requires you to remove the seat,tank,subframe,battery etc... not fun but I can be fixed.. Once fixed you'll be good to go... Check out the Husaberg site, lots of good info over there.. Nice bike by the way.. :thumbsup

Perfect, thanks for the info, I will check that site out.

Shane54

Reaction score
Probably a little ar from you but 3 brothers in Costa Mesa off Superior is a great KTM shop and they do great work even on that husaberg. I would recommend George Earle as well but not sure if he is in business still.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Probably a little ar from you but 3 brothers in Costa Mesa off Superior is a great KTM shop and they do great work even on that husaberg. I would recommend George Earle as well but not sure if he is in business still.

I was in there a couple weeks ago gettin mineral oil as I blew my clutch. Place is awesome! So much orange!!!!

Where in the IE are you at FT? My neighbor fixes bikes, incliding mine. Can maybe do a quick look.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My buddy is a mechanic at Langston's, just left Malcolm Smiths after a dozen years.

He has a shop at his house too. He's in Menifee.

PM me if you want his name/number

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
ESP in La Crescenta. I have a couple bikes there now for maintenance and minor mods

Might be a little out of the way from Chino.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, and PM's sent.

Thats why I like this site.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Here's another one. Kyle is quick and reasonable. He's right off the 15 and Baseline working from his garage. He used to work at Burts. :thumbsup

mx_zps250da9c6.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
KTM stands for "keep the mechanic"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
does it have a low oil sensor that shuts the engine down?

tapa-typed from my mobile gadget

ridebig

Reaction score
You should check out KTM Talk .com They have a section for Husaberg.

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
ESP, Yes George is the man, he and i went to high school together and he handles my suspension work and whatever, hes also a boater/skier! maybe you should call him and tell him your dealio....:thumbsup

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I will foreward this site to my grandson. He races orange. He has his own tracks, oval, up down and around. and straight line.
HARLAN ORRIN