WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a job

SoCalDave

Reaction score
16320656598385708047090926130704.jpg

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
If anyone has a young kid looking for a job the pool company I work for is looking for some pool cleaners will train anyone as long as they have a good attitude and don’t mind hard work must have own truck we pay mileage we clean Temecula Winchester menifee and other surrounding areas if you know someone direct message and I will get them in contact with the boss starting pay is 18hr

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Anybody in the Riverside/Long Beach area, Rain For Rent is hiring sales positions as well as installer positions. Includes training, benefits, Monday to Friday, Hourly with OT/PW options. RFR is a nationwide company that specializes in water/sewer applications for temporary facilities. Check us out if you’re interested www.rainforrent.com or PM me if you have any questions.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Didn't think to take a pic, but McDonald's in Moab was offering $19 on their marquee last weekend.

Yeah. Part time. Weekends only. 3pm to midnight. Plenty of opportunities to move up though...

😝

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I’m looking for a tig welder part time and willing to operate CNC mills .
Entry level or someone that’s retired and needs a few hours to supplement their income .asap
Upland Ca

ridebig

Reaction score
Libs got there $15 dollar minimum wage without any legislation. What the hell happened to show me what your worth and move up the ladder? These people will still stay on the government dole. I for one am sick of this shit.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I have two open positions for a maintenance mechanic in a plastics manufacturing facility. Opening pay between $25-35hr dependant on experience. Been looking for months but no one wants to work even at this wage level or the good ones are already taken. Lost my #1 guy about 6 months ago. He was at $36hr and someone else offered him $43 but upper management would only go to $38 so he left. Good experienced help is getting harder and harder to find. Glad I'm on my way out in about 3 years...

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
If it was me I’d head to the city of Coronado website and apply for the golf course maintenance position. It’s around 60k plus and 15k medical plus retirement package! That’s for a entry level position!

Your ad here

Reaction score
Any of you guys calling people that applied up to a year ago but didn't get the job at the time? I applied at over 30 places in the last year and surprised that not one has called me recently or even called at all, when I first applied.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
There is a new segment of our society that believes “work” gets in the way of their newly visioned lifestyle.
Hell, it has gotten in my way of my lifestyle for the past 50 years, but it did manage to pay for my vision and I managed to work through it......

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I was, where you are about 5 yrs ago.
I was a maint. production, processing mech for 42 yrs and had enough almost 3 yrs ago.
My phone still rings. Once in awhile I answer it.
100% of jobs 2nd or 3rd shift. 100% weekend covereage cuz their normal guys want the weekend off.....
uhhh...... no thanks....
Glad Im done.

I have two open positions for a maintenance mechanic in a plastics manufacturing facility. Opening pay between $25-35hr dependant on experience. Been looking for months but no one wants to work even at this wage level or the good ones are already taken. Lost my #1 guy about 6 months ago. He was at $36hr and someone else offered him $43 but upper management would only go to $38 so he left. Good experienced help is getting harder and harder to find. Glad I'm on my way out in about 3 years...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
In-N-Out in LHC is paying $20 to start and are having a hard time finding people to work 😱

just_floatin

Reaction score
I’m looking for a tig welder part time and willing to operate CNC mills .
Entry level or someone that’s retired and needs a few hours to supplement their income .asap
Upland Ca
Too bad you are not in Arizona. It’s been a minute since I walked the cup. I use to scratch start tube-weld (100% penetration) in the dairy manufacturing industry back in the day. Sounds like a cool side job.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

I think there are lots of talented people out there, but you can't be cheap anymore, the days of cheap skilled labor are gone, and it's only going to get worse since all the "next gen" kids are STEM tards. No mechanical abilities and shit poor common sense and diagnostic skills.

You wait and see what even mediocre talent ends up making in the near future, if they are not so terrible as to cost you money, you'll be lucky, and they will make more than you did at retirement.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I won’t go back to a 9-5 job at any price. I think a lot of folks realized they can work from home in their underpants and get 5 days of work done in about 6 hours without all the office distractions…make the same money, and fuck off the rest of the time.

it’s really fucking nice.

I wake up around 4:00AM…have a coffee and mozy out to the shop around 4:30….I may or may not grab a beer outta the fridge. I futz around cleaning up yesterday’s mess and start screwing around with calipers…then the dog gets up and wants breakfast, so I feed him and throw the ball for a bit. Then he goes back to bed and I go back out to the fridg….shop and screw around some more. In a bit the wife and kid get up and off to school…I usually start my nap around this time. Then I wake up, have something to eat, play around on the computer answering emails, doing eBay shit, etc…maybe another short nap, then back out to the shop if it’s not too hot outside.

it would cost a lot of fucking money to break me of this. Lol

2264603D-7CA8-44F1-B448-5037BEDCBEA5.png

$6K of that is in the last 30 days, and that’s just eBay.

I did about that or a bit more outside of eBay in the last 30 days. All at 75% margins or better.

i started this business 4 months ago outta my garage.

of course, all of it is buying bulk inventory and equipment so I’m still in the red, but within about a month I’ll have about a 3 year supply of parts on hand andmonthly expenses should be minimal…until I start paying myself. Lol

Last edited:

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I won’t go back to a 9-5 job at any price. I think a lot of folks realized they can work from home in their underpants and get 5 days of work done in about 6 hours without all the office distractions…make the same money, and fuck off the rest of the time.

it’s really fucking nice.

I wake up around 4:00AM…have a coffee and mozy out to the shop around 4:30….I may or may not grab a beer outta the fridge. I futz around cleaning up yesterday’s mess and start screwing around with calipers…then the dog gets up and wants breakfast, so I feed him and throw the ball for a bit. Then he goes back to bed and I go back out to the fridg….shop and screw around some more. In a bit the wife and kid get up and off to school…I usually start my nap around this time. Then I wake up, have something to eat, play around on the computer answering emails, doing eBay shit, etc…maybe another short nap, then back out to the shop if it’s not too hot outside.

Sound like a dream - and your living it 👍

traquer

Reaction score

Love it! This is how my uncles in Europe did it pretty much past mid-age and not work for some big company. Mom and pop, possibly with a small team is awesome.

The government is wise to it though, they're gonna keep jacking up taxes and screwing the little guy. Cash or crypto payments should be a good chunk of everyone's income if you can make it work

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
In-N-Out in LHC is paying $20 to start and are having a hard time finding people to work 😱

2580 a mo pre tax for 30 hours, 3440 a month pre tax for 40 hours...idk if they let line people get over 30 bc of benefit requirement. Lets say you need to make 3x rent for a place to live. There are only two places available on Zillow in that range. Just something to ponder...The service industry is in a world of hurt in havasu for lack of workers.

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Any of you guys calling people that applied up to a year ago but didn't get the job at the time? I applied at over 30 places in the last year and surprised that not one has called me recently or even called at all, when I first applied.
We had to layoff when COVID started and those guys had the opportunity to come back, but some had moved on and others liked that COVID check. If you’re looking to get in, nows the time. As soon as the government checks end, pay is going to be back down at regular scale I think.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
2580 a mo pre tax for 30 hours, 3440 a month pre tax for 40 hours...idk if they let line people get over 30 bc of benefit requirement. Lets say you need to make 3x rent for a place to live. There are only two places available on Zillow in that range. Just something to ponder...The service industry is in a world of hurt in havasu for lack of workers.
Same issue for the Construction Trades. It’s hard to get by on those wages when your living in an area where a house rental (if you can find one) is going for $2500 a month.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Same issue for the Construction Trades. It’s hard to get by on those wages when your living in an area where a house rental (if you can find one) is going for $2500 a month.

agreed...I think it's really everything now.. Prices on everything have just skyrocketed...It's really impacted the "tourism" areas especially. If people can't put a roof over their head they move...