WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a little help......need to get my new ride from Stockton to Havasu!!

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
So I found a new Jeep to replace the one that got totaled last week and it's in Stockton.......looks like 9 hours to Havasu.

The issue is that I just don't have 2 days that I can take (Best case) to go up there and pick it up as we're so freaking busy right now. If I fly there I need to drive 3 hours to Vegas, wait at least an hour, fly 90 minutes and then drive......logistically challenged.......not to mention if I do drive I don't have a car hauler that I could bring if I did decide to drive as I really don't want to drive it that far on those tires so..................

I am thinking of shipping it to Havasu as I'm comfortable buying it Sight unseen.....any ideas on what it might cost to get it here???

00404_esoMUcB4OWa_1200x900.jpg

X-rated

Reaction score
SWEET!! If I was in the neighbourhood I'd def help u out!

Paul65k

Reaction score
Truth be told it's in Manteca but most people have no idea WTF that is :D

707dog

Reaction score
Hit up RogerThat, he's always looking for a reason to drive to Havasu.
yep that dude is always up for a road trip! stockton/manteca its all the valley;) looks like a nice jeep theres a couple guys we boat with up here that have some whipped up jeeps with all the trick stuff..

Boatmaster

Reaction score
There's a chance I am heading down in two weeks to KOH. I could trailer it to Barstow. I live in Discovery Bay about 20 min from Manteca. I have a trailer for my crawler but may only drive down to ride with a buddy in his rig.

Paul65k

Reaction score
There's a chance I am heading down in two weeks to KOH. I could trailer it to Barstow. I live in Discovery Bay about 20 min from Manteca. I have a trailer for my crawler but may only drive down to ride with a buddy in his rig.
Thanks.....I'll keep that in mind but I'm pretty sire I won't be able to wait that long :)

I'll probably end up doing a "Froggystyle" 36 hour marathon......If I can find a car hauler here in Havasu I might just hit the road and pick it up next week.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
We just chatted and he's not heading this way anytime soon.........funny enough he was going through Manteca when we connected.....lol

Paul,
Get ahold of Tim Weig, (wwwmotoshippers .com) 505-917-3349
He is located in Marysville Washington and is scheduled to pick up my 1967 GTO in Lancaster Ca. delivering to Mohave Valley, 12-14 February.
My GTO will be in an enclosed trailer.
Tim is a personal friend of Richey Rich.
I hope this helps. It is worth a phone call. Good luck.
Dave
661-209-9698

TLAW719

Reaction score
Paul, I'm off work the next 9 days. I might be able to help out somehow.

Paul65k

Reaction score
Paul,
He is located in Marysville Washington and is scheduled to pick up my 1967 GTO in Lancaster Ca. delivering to Mohave Valley, 12-14 February.
Dave
661-209-9698
Thanks Dave, I'll give him a call tomorrow

milkmoney

Reaction score
I think a guy around hete could make a living off all these ballers , by jus helping them get all their tots they buy

Fly me there, pay for my food lodging and the gas and a couple bucks in my pocket and you get ur toy delivered

If I was able to help us Paul. I would.
Nice looking jeep [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I'd do it for cost in couple weeks. I would love to head to as for a few days, just not sure how I would get back.

Paul65k

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the ideas and offers.....including those of you that called.

I have convinced the guy to meet me in Bakersfield on Tuesday (he's gonna flatbed it down) and I'll drive it home from there.

I just need to work out the logistics but a one day turn is way more doable[emoji106][emoji106]

Groper

Reaction score
Paul; what's wrong with those Tires ? are you a Nitto hater or ?
Oh and congrats on your new ride.
Once bitten by the "Jeeps infectious disease' is you you'll carry for life there is no cure :D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Manteca is fine. You don't need a piece to go there. And all your rims and tires will be on your car when you return. Unlike Stockton

Glad you got it worked out for you

Truth be told it's in Manteca but most people have no idea WTF that is :D

Funny story. After an unrelated shooting on the street outside the baseball field in stockton our entire travel team voted for no more tournaments in stockton. lol.

True story

Last edited:

charlyox

Reaction score
Nice Rubicon Paul [emoji106]. When I bought my truck it was above Sacramento. The dude trailered Dow to Bakersfield and I met him there and drove it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul65k

Reaction score
Paul; what's wrong with those Tires ? are you a Nitto hater or ?
Oh and congrats on your new ride.
Once bitten by the "Jeeps infectious disease' is you you'll carry for life there is no cure :D
Well....if I had a 5" lift with coil over suspension like some guys they would probably be fine:)

Those are awesome tires, I'll know much better how they will be on the pavement after I make the 5 hour drive home!!

OK now we need to do some serious wheeling thumb.png

Groper

Reaction score
Well....if I had a 5" lift with coil over suspension like some guys they would probably be fine:)

Those are awesome tires, I'll know much better how they will be on the pavement after I make the 5 hour drive home!!

OK now we need to do some serious wheeling View attachment 616028
yes we do.....
I have unbalanced NITTO Trail Grappler 40's and they are surprisingly quite and smooth on the hwy.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the ideas and offers.....including those of you that called.

I have convinced the guy to meet me in Bakersfield on Tuesday (he's gonna flatbed it down) and I'll drive it home from there.

I just need to work out the logistics but a one day turn is way more doable[emoji106][emoji106]
Ahhh.... Beautiful Bakersfield.:rolleyes::D:D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I heard there are 2 inmates scheduled to use Tim at motoshippers for shipping of vehicles.

Paul,
Dave
661-209-9698

Last edited:

E4L

Reaction score
I’m not to far from Manteca 30 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul65k

Reaction score
So...............TLAW719 and I (thanks Ty) are heading out in the morning to meet the guy in Bakersfield to do the transaction. The plan is to drive up in the morning, do the deal, have a nice lunch and be home tomorrow night with the new Jeep.

The seller is bringing the Jeep down from Manteca on a trailer and is about as anal as anyone I have ever met........he's been sending pics all weekend of him getting the thing ready, it's all detailed and he even told me to bring some towels to wrap around the soft top mechanism (loaded in back) so I didn't have to listen to it rattle on the way home:), I think he's going through pre-separation anxiety....lol

We'll take some pics on our trip and hopefully it will all come off without a hitch!!