WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a little help setting up a new manual jack plate.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Looking for a little church member help. In the process of a slight remodel of the old sled and ditched the old fixed stand off bracket for a TH Marine Z-Lock, 6” setback adjustable (5” adjustment) plate.
I have a 19’ Bahaner running a XR4 150.

My questions are as follows: What it the proper way to measure to get the X dimension correct?
When mounting the plate should I have it set in the neutral, full up or down position?
Any other things I should be factoring in?
Thanks in advance for the help. I am busting my ass trying to be a productive church member no later than Father’s Day weekend. This “project” has been going on for over a year now and I can see the finish line!!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I have no idea.... Hope this helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Lower the trailer to level. And make sure you’re on level ground.

Lower the engine to be parallel with the keel.

Take a straight edge off of the keel to measure the difference in height between center of prop shaft and the bottom of the boat.

If you have a laser shoot it at the bottom of the boat and then measure from center of prop shaft.

No idea on your hull as far as correct X dimension. I would probably start 2” below the keel and adjust up 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch at a time.

What are your goals? Are you setting up for multiple props?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
As said up above. That’s how you’ll get your measurement. I’d probably start 1” below and keep moving it up until you either lose speed, lose water water pressure, or can’t get it on plane. Then move down a hair or two and that’s your spot.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Lower the trailer to level. And make sure you’re on level ground.

Lower the engine to be parallel with the keel.

Thanks for the info. At this point I will just be running one prop (not pulling kids behind it yet) and just be a family cruiser.

Take a straight edge off of the keel to measure the difference in height between center of prop shaft and the bottom of the boat.

If you have a laser shoot it at the bottom of the boat and then measure from center of prop shaft.

No idea on your hull as far as correct X dimension. I would probably start 2” below the keel and adjust up 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch at a time.

What are your goals? Are you setting up for multiple props?