WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a new place to stay with waterfront RV parking.

MrHooly

Reaction score
I've stayed the last 13 years at Black Meadow Landing. I won't get into why, but I no longer want to. So I need a new spot that I can park my coach on or near the water with 50 amps, and also keep my boat beached or anchored right by the RV. A nice RV park with nice, new facilities. Something away from the crazy busy places. Any suggestions?

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
Goood luck. If you were looking to change places you should have looked back in October.

I just went through this. I called all the main places from havasu down to Parker and everyone is booked. The springs said they have spots but it’s $700 a month and you’d need to rent a slip at $250 a month because they don’t have a decent beach to anchor from.

Only other option which is first come first serve is La Paz campground in Parker. Not full hookups though and the crowd is wild being it’s right next to the bar.

If you have a guaranteed spot at black meadow I’d hold on to it until you find something else

Good luck,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my head around 13 years at BML :)

on a side note I doing know they had 50 amp on the water. Second row but not water?

Singleton

Reaction score
I was thinking way East on the 40.
But seriously, I don't think Pirates fits that bill does it? Do peninsula's have power?

pirates Peninsula has 50amp, but they don’t accept long term rentals at those spots

grumpy88

Reaction score
If you wanted to stay some where that has not been updated in 20 plus years river lodge probably has some water front spots for the summer

riverroyal

Reaction score
I've stayed the last 13 years at Black Meadow Landing. I won't get into why, but I no longer want to. So I need a new spot that I can park my coach on or near the water with 50 amps, and also keep my boat beached or anchored right by the RV. A nice RV park with nice, new facilities. Something away from the crazy busy places. Any suggestions?
George george George.

Water front? 50amp? Good luck. Unicorn of rv spots

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Up in Needles maybe? Fenders?
Willow, Cottonwood, Katherine's on Mohave?
A different river/lake/location/state.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’m surprised BML isn’t working for you. George is the pinnacle of RV park owners hahahahah jk. We left and did the Islander but with all the new park models going in rv spots are limited and sold out. So I moved my operation to the beach combers instead. Sucks cuz I really liked the Islander

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m surprised BML isn’t working for you. George is the pinnacle of RV park owners hahahahah jk. We left and did the Islander but with all the new park models going in rv spots are limited and sold out. So I moved my operation to the beach combers instead. Sucks cuz I really liked the Islander

let me know how the beach comber works for you this summer
while we got our spot this year again at the Islander, feeling like time is limited

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I was thinking way East on the 40.
But seriously, I don't think Pirates fits that bill does it? Do peninsula's have power?
Yes. I believe all have full hookups on the peninsulas... I know the 2 I've stayed on have

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I just reserved Islander beach front in june. Full hookups but I don't know about 50a

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
while we got our spot this year again at the Islander, feeling like time is limited
For sure. They don’t have a launch ramp so there is that. But other than that so far I like it. We move into the park in May for a monthly. A few friends left the Islander to come to the beachcomber a couple years ago.

Islander is likely going to continue the park model thing. More money for them.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
If you want the same vibe/feel as Black Meadows check out the Havasu Landing campground...

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
crazy horse easy launch ramp and the beach is clean and can walk straight to the beach from your rv it’s right across from the spot

riverroyal

Reaction score
Your good. That's the last row to transform
Im thinking 4 years

Singleton

Reaction score
Your good. That's the last row to transform
Im thinking 4 years

Let’s hope so!
Only way I kept my spot this year was to move in the day snowbirds leave and move out day they arrive. I will keep doing that until they kick me out. Jackie and her family at the end of our row did not get a spot this year since they did not want 6 months

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
For sure. They don’t have a launch ramp so there is that. But other than that so far I like it. We move into the park in May for a monthly. A few friends left the Islander to come to the beachcomber a couple years ago.

Islander is likely going to continue the park model thing. More money for them.
Many years ago they had a launch ramp is it gone now or just a bad ramp?

Singleton

Reaction score
Many years ago they had a launch ramp is it gone now or just a bad ramp?

Sam’s Beachcomber Resort has the ramp
BeachComber Estates lost access to the ramp when the new owner of Sam’s took over a couple years ago

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think it’s gone since the two parks separated
Sam’s Beachcomber Resort has the ramp
BeachComber Estates lost access to the ramp when the new owner of Sam’s took over a couple years ago
I wasn’t aware of any of that, haven’t been really out there in about 30 years, used to have a little park model on C-25 back in the day. Tried to drive through a few years back to see what had changed but apparently I looked too much like riffraff they wanted to keep out, probably didn’t help I was driving my 79 Toyota Land Cruiser. 😂

riverroyal

Reaction score
i got my spot again at the Islander, but my neighbors did not since they wanted 4 or 5 months, not 6 like me
6 month contracts. I not sure why you would not just sign up for 6. If you leave big deal. Just know its costing you the full 6.
Plenty in line for 6 months.

Singleton

Reaction score
6 month contracts. I not sure why you would not just sign up for 6. If you leave big deal. Just know its costing you the full 6.
Plenty in line for 6 months.

Yep. Pay for 6 and use for what works for your family. Almost everyone who did not want 6 are on the waitlist. Simple math IMO

JB in so cal

Reaction score
If you cancel early you lose deposit which is one month.