WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a new tv

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So what is the good stuff to buy in a 55 inch. I have had really good luck with Vizio but can't seem to find anyplace that has any in stock. Have no idea why there are none available but what is another good brand?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Here’s two, one budget and one OLED...both are pretty cheap.

IMG_4704.PNG
IMG_4705.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sintax

Reaction score
If you want something thats a good bang for the buck, I have been SUPER happy with my Hisense 50". The picture is great, it has solid features, and i think I paid like $375 at best buy for it. Mind you this is in my bedroom, BUT if my fancy Samsung dies in the living room, i'm going to look really hard at a 65" Hisense.

cflores3

Reaction score
Oled all the way. That’s a smoking price as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
So what is the good stuff to buy in a 55 inch. I have had really good luck with Vizio but can't seem to find anyplace that has any in stock. Have no idea why there are none available but what is another good brand?

Everybody got their stimulus checks. Went out and bought a TV. Or they looted it.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Saw an Ad this weekend for a Samsung 8G. That is the First heard of that.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Everybody got their stimulus checks. Went out and bought a TV. Or they looted it.

I know a guy who manages a Pawn Shop in Vegas and after the "CHECKS" arrived every T-V, Lap Top Electronics related = GONE. So much for paying Bills OR saving for an emergency.

DWC

Reaction score
You’re not kidding. We picked up a 55” TV and sound bar this weekend. Easy decisions. Everything was wiped out.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Costco has lots of selection at great prices and the warranty (extended) can't be beat. Prices have continued to come down

Taboma

Reaction score
Costco has lots of selection at great prices and the warranty (extended) can't be beat. Prices have continued to come down

When you say the warranty can't be beat --- which I've thought up until recently was a HUGE plus for Costco, right up until I started reading all the negative reviews about Square Trade, on Costco's own website. Not suggesting a lot of these appliance extended warranty outfits aren't shady as shit, but I was surprised. So I'm just wondering if you're offering an experienced review or just looking at the low cost and warranty period ?
I have no idea if the Geek Squad extended warranty at Best Buy is worth a shit, I do know it's damned expensive. :eek:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Walmart is all I have on havasu but I may travel up to Vegas and pickup something there if I can't find it at wally world.

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Walmart is all I have on havasu but I may travel up to Vegas and pickup something there if I can't find it at wally world.

Fry's In Vegas is a great Store, they sell everything Electronics and have Private Display/listening/Viewing rooms to compare products.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The place down across the street from Black Bear has a lot of TV's but very high prices. Wife and I went in and found what SHE wanted and came home and after some searching found it and bought it online, Saved $750.00. 65" LG OLED. GREAT TV. Was hanging on the wall in 6 days.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
For a 55”, I would go LG OLED. I love my 65”, but can’t wait until I get the space to step it up to a 120” projection screen.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
If your looking for a better tv. LG 85 or 90 nano series, or oled(best picture, possibility of image retention).
Samsung is getting much closer in picture quality with their Q80 and Q90 series.
Stock was very limited between model year updates and then the covid crap, my distributor has been low for 3 months. Costco usually has 3 rows of tv's my local ones were down to 1. Best Buy was extremely low. 2020 models have been starting to show up in the last 2 weeks or so.
If this is a primary tv, 55 is pretty small these days. General rule of thumb is seating distance about 2.5 times screen height, and can be larger.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Walmart was out of tv's before this bullshit started. I wanted a 65" back in early May for the bedroom. Could not find one anywhere no matter the brand. Had to go with a 70 Visio 4K. It was the last one. Great TV so far.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Get the 82” Samsung qled you won’t be disappointed. I wouldn’t go Vizio as I’ve heard of a lot of the motherboards in them fail I never had an issue but I was told to stay away from them

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Havasu Audio Visual H.A.V. by Dairy Queen in the So. end carries upper quality TV's, They start where Walmart leaves off. They know there stuff and will negotiate a little with online prices.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Just wait for the next protest. Then you can get your choice at a discount

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I have LG OLED B series , great picture, easy to use remote.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I had a LG OLED TV burn in bad last year but I've heard they got better. The extended warranty outfit wanted me to take it off the wall and bring it to their tech since he didn't travel to where the TV was located. After 2 days of calls and threat's they mailed me a check for $1865 and said keep the TV. It's going in the garbage

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
going to walmart to see what they really have then to one of the high end stores in town.