WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a septic system replaced in topock

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who’s the goto to replace a septic tank in Topock?

2Driver

Reaction score
Hope its over 75’ from the water

69hondo

Reaction score
I just had this done and I am not near Topock so whos to say what the difference is but do yourself a favor and get a couple quotes. I had 3 different quotes and they were apart by a difference of $4900.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
@RiverDave, PM me there's a guy here in town that I believe does it a bunch, I can figure out how to get you in touch with him

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
whats the story? gives us more details!! i saw in the speed thread its someone you dont even know?

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
whats the story? gives us more details!! i saw in the speed thread its someone you dont even know?

I'm assuming(I know, never assume).. they sold a house through team RDP And never had the sewer scoped. Now they are having to pay for the fix/issues to "save faith". Pretty common with realtor actually that mainly sale "in town" with city services. When a home with septic or a well(2 most important functions) are over looked and not tested.

Very "stand up" of team RDP if this is the case!!

Last edited:

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
If there's a body in there, The family ranch has 8000 acres and an extend a boom backhoe. Done and done.😎

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm assuming(I know, never assume).. they sold a house through team RDP And never had the sewer scoped. Now they are having to pay for the fix/issues to "save faith". Pretty common with realtor actually that mainly sale "in town" with city services. When a home with septic or a well(2 most important functions) are over looked and not tested.

Very "stand up" of team RDP if this is the case!!

Basically.. but we actually listed it live with new septic, and didn’t know it only had new leach lines, so we are replacing the tank, and possibly the leach lines if they are not compatible.. 🧐

New owner came to me this morning with the problem so I said we’d take care of it.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Basically.. but we actually listed it live with new septic, and didn’t know it only had new leach lines, so we are replacing the tank, and possibly the leach lines if they are not compatible.. 🧐

New owner came to me this morning with the problem so I said we’d take care of it.

I know by "law" you dont have to.. so that is very "stand up" and AWESOME of Team RDP to step up and take the hit!! Cause it's not going to be a small one😫

Singleton

Reaction score
I know by "law" you dont have to.. so that is very "stand up" and AWESOME of Team RDP to step up and take the hit!! Cause it's not going to be a small one😫

If the listing or live video stated “new septic” when it was not accurate, then legally they have to.

My house had root issues in sewer line that was disclosed to selling agents by multiple neighbors. Never was shared with my agent or me when we purchased. 10 days of close, had sewer backup into house. 5 depositions later and some money in legal fees, selling agents paid 100% of repair costs (over 100k) and all my legal fees.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
If the listing or live video stated “new septic” when it was not accurate, then legally they have to.

My house had root issues in sewer line that was disclosed to selling agents by multiple neighbors. Never was shared with my agent or me when we purchased. 10 days of close, had sewer backup into house. 5 depositions later and some money in legal fees, selling agents paid 100% of repair costs (over 100k) and all my legal fees.

👍Yea I seen that it was listed "live" as new(after I posted) so that changes things.

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Why would you need a new tank? They should last forever, assuming it's concrete. Existing collars, inlet and outlet aren't hard to re-seal properly.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Don't need much more than a back hoe, tank, trailer, and someone that knows how to use em! ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Without getting into all the details in this particular case we don’t have too.. it would end up being split because of other things going on.

Mistakes were made, and I always go way out of my way to make things right. On the upside we don’t make too many mistakes. Shit happens, we will make it right.

Brennan

Reaction score
Hey RD I build up and sell lots out there in golden shores. I have a local guy who has all his equipment out there and does all my septic tanks. He knows his way around all the permitting if necessary and can get things done quick. His name is matt. Let me know if you need his number and I’ll shoot it to you in a message.

endobear

Reaction score
Why would you need a new tank? They should last forever, assuming it's concrete. Existing collars, inlet and outlet aren't hard to re-seal properly.
My concrete tanks started to deteriorate on the inside after about 35years. Replace them with poly ones.

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm putting my hands over my ears and yelling "Lalalalala" when a septic tank is mentioned. My shop and mother-in-laws house has an septic system, it is close to the lake, and the county changed the distance limits a couple of years ago. The septic system is acting up occasionally, and if it fails, I have to replace it with an aerobic system and sprinkler field.

I had an engineer spec the replacement last year and got some bids...around $14K. I doubt those.prices are still valid.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Without getting into all the details in this particular case we don’t have too.. it would end up being split because of other things going on.

Mistakes were made, and I always go way out of my way to make things right. On the upside we don’t make too many mistakes. Shit happens, we will make it right.
Best advertisement for @TEAM RDP you could have.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
I'm putting my hands over my ears and yelling "Lalalalala" when a septic tank is mentioned. My shop and mother-in-laws house has an septic system, it is close to the lake, and the county changed the distance limits a couple of years ago. The septic system is acting up occasionally, and if it fails, I have to replace it with an aerobic system and sprinkler field.

I had an engineer spec the replacement last year and got some bids...around $14K. I doubt those.prices are still valid.

Ron,

Same rule change here at Grand Lake in Oklahoma a few years back. If I have to replace the current lateral line system, it's got to go back with aerobic ($$) due to my location on the lake. However, it you have it "repaired" and not removed or moved, I'm grandfathered in...strange indeed. With the ground being mostly fractured limestone in NE Oklahoma rather than clay, less maintenance is usually required besides that associated with new residents never having a septic system before. 😊

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

That's a stand up move 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey RD I build up and sell lots out there in golden shores. I have a local guy who has all his equipment out there and does all my septic tanks. He knows his way around all the permitting if necessary and can get things done quick. His name is matt. Let me know if you need his number and I’ll shoot it to you in a message

I think someone else sent me his number but if you wouldn’t mind send it to me anyways. I am starting to call all the numbers this afternoon to setup appointments.

Let me know if we can be of any help on selling your lots btw!

RD

rrrr

Reaction score
Ron,

Same rule change here at Grand Lake in Oklahoma a few years back. If I have to replace the current lateral line system, it's got to go back with aerobic ($$) due to my location on the lake. However, it you have it "repaired" and not removed or moved, I'm grandfathered in...strange indeed. With the ground being mostly fractured limestone in NE Oklahoma rather than clay, less maintenance is usually required besides that associated with new residents never having a septic system before. 😊
The soil my laterals are in is good ol' Texas gumbo. When it rains for a couple of days the clay can't absorb any more water.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I install new septic systems in Malibu and the cheapest one I have done is 65k. I was just awarded a septic job for a 135k. Mind you these are for one single family home. Got to love all of the liberal tree huggers voting down city sewer service for the last 30 yrs.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I install new septic systems in Malibu and the cheapest one I have done is 65k. I was just awarded a septic job for a 135k. Mind you these are for one single family home. Got to love all of the liberal tree huggers voting down city sewer service for the last 30 yrs.

Geezus.. 135k.. does the house have 27 bathrooms and 7 kitchens? 🥴

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Geezus.. 135k.. does the house have 27 bathrooms and 7 kitchens? 🥴
My cost for the tank and equipment that goes inside is almost 50k. These are advanced systems that discharge clean clear water and are remotely monitored by the manufacturer.

The residents of Malibu voted down City sewer system to prevent over development. Everyone still built new houses. Then they figured out all of the blackwater from septic systems was polluting the ocean. So now you have to put in advanced systems that have filtration, uv disinfection and advanced aerobic system.