WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need a structural engineer in Havasu????

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If anyone one ever needs one in Havasu I can tell you who not to call. This is not a call out thread.......yet.

3-4 weeks to produce - they said

50% deposit given as required and we will get right on it - they said

Going on the 6th week and never a call back from the principle as to the status for 2 weeks now

Do have to say receptionist is very courteous. And no I don’t have any photos.

I know it is Havasu.......

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't worry, not just Havasu. I got screwed over pretty good here in central Az a few years back. Agreed upon price was upped at the end...as in my plans were submitted and cleared. Engineer picked them up from county offices, even though I submitted them. Good 'ol boy network... When I called to find out what was going on, I was informed he had picked them up. Called engineer, where he informed me I "owed him" an additional 1000$.
Well, that went over like a fart in church...
I spent some time on the phone with about five different county folk. Finally got the guy in charge. Turned out, he wasn't part of the good 'ol boy club. He came from the big city, and knew what happened was wrong.
Oddly enough, I was able to pick up my approved prints at the county office the next morning.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
If anyone one ever needs one in Havasu I can tell you who not to call. This is not a call out thread.......yet.

Going on the 6th week and never a call back from the principle as to the status for 2 weeks now

Did you check with @SummitKarl . He knows everry body in Havasu when it comes to building houses.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Did you check with @SummitKarl . He knows everry body in Havasu when it comes to building houses.

I had a recommendation from a friend building in Parker. I might just trash the time and $$$ and move on to another. If I do I will reach out while i am in Havasu in a few weeks.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Don't worry, not just Havasu. I got screwed over pretty good here in central Az a few years back. Agreed upon price was upped at the end...as in my plans were submitted and cleared. Engineer picked them up from county offices, even though I submitted them. Good 'ol boy network... When I called to find out what was going on, I was informed he had picked them up. Called engineer, where he informed me I "owed him" an additional 1000$.
I spent some time on the phone with about five different county folk. Finally got the guy in charge. Turned out, he wasn't part of the good 'ol boy club. He came from the big city, and knew what happened was wrong.
Oddly enough, I was able to pick up my approved prints at the county office the next morning.

Thanks a lot!!! :cussing: LOL That reminds me that they had a clause in the contract that the price could go up. I might be screwed......

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

DLC

Reaction score

im curious..... how much was the original contract amount? Did he give you any justification for the price increase ?
I sure hope karma turns around and slaps him in the ass!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Havasu time gives island time a run for its money

LOL Funny thing is that I am good with any time that someone tells me it will take. Once we both comment then be sure that you meet that deadline. I have been calling for a week not the guy is not in or not available for me. Today the pushed back another week We shall see where that goes. At least I will be in town and able to go knock on the door soon if needed.

82daytona

Reaction score
Pool Engineering, Inc., Structural Design of Swimming Pools and Residential Improvement Structures

I used these guy's a few years ago. They have multiple state licensing. I drew up the plans for a retaining wall at my LHC house, but put it on hold. But they did review and approve them, with a stamp. I want to say it was about $800

NT
that’s who we used too. They’re also behind and affected by the rona. I want to say it was under $400 this was a few months ago.

franky

Reaction score
LOL Funny thing is that I am good with any time that someone tells me it will take. Once we both comment then be sure that you meet that deadline. I have been calling for a week not the guy is not in or not available for me. Today the pushed back another week We shall see where that goes. At least I will be in town and able to go knock on the door soon if needed.
George?

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score

good luck, I don't use anyone in town for structural.... no bueno!
I have good civil in town for the commercial projects
I do my own structural and just have it verified and sealed (easier and cuts turn time if I do it all myself up front)
50% down...yup I know who you went to...sorry about that, but he is swamped just like the rest of us (it's ridiculous right now) we are all overwhelmed
I am currently running about 8 weeks (normally 5) from approved floorplan and elevations to ready for permit +2-4weeks for city turn and 100% 1st time pass rate
residential rates are $500 deposit, $1.50 sqft under roof single story, $1.75 under roof two story +$0.25 sqft under roof for post tension slab if desired, includes engineering, truss calcs, and complete LHC, Mohave or LaPaz County permit package.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
im curious..... how much was the original contract amount? Did he give you any justification for the price increase ?
I sure hope karma turns around and slaps him in the ass!
It was for my shop/metal building. I handed him all the original engineering prints, but they had been stamped for another county. He was supposed to "re-draw" and stamp prints. Original deal was 1500$. He came back after the fact wanting an additional 1400$. May not seem like a lot, but to me it seemed excessive. I don't know if I would have been as upset, if it were 3k from the get-go. To almost double the cost, regardless of amount, seems pretty bad.

boatpi

Reaction score
We use HH Consulting in Henderson Nevada and they can stamp for Arizona and California, but don’t expect a quick turnaround everybody is overwhelmed.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
It was for my shop/metal building. I handed him all the original engineering prints, but they had been stamped for another county. He was supposed to "re-draw" and stamp prints. Original deal was 1500$. He came back after the fact wanting an additional 1400$. May not seem like a lot, but to me it seemed excessive. I don't know if I would have been as upset, if it were 3k from the get-go. To almost double the cost, regardless of amount, seems pretty bad.

SO!!,You are saying he Reprinted, Stamped and Signed Off?

Lots of different terms seem fitting, but just Good Old Greed will work. o_O

ConcreteDr

Reaction score
I have six of them on speed dial if one doesn't not answer I ring another, two weeks I would take them out of my phone and never use again.... to be fair tho I use them a lot ...
Oh and never give them $$ up front thats BS I just pay by the hour like a lawyer ...most of the time if its a quick question or to review something no bill if they need to stamp something then thats another story

SS-C

Reaction score
SO!!,You are saying he Reprinted, Stamped and Signed Off?

Lots of different terms seem fitting, but just Good Old Greed will work. o_O
Pretty much, copy and stamp. Nothing changed, just his name in place of other guy!

Wow, if I’m not mistaken, this act would be totally illegal!

The original architect/engineer would hold the copyrights to his work.

Captain Dan

Reaction score

Actually depends on the contract. The person the architect /engineer produced the plans for might hold that right.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Actually depends on the contract. The person the architect /engineer produced the plans for might hold that right.
I don't know the legalities. Honestly, it was the first time I had dealt with blueprints to that extent. In my previous life, the building was erected already, I just had to put the lod on. I cannot say for sure he copied the prints exactly. I can say that nothing changed on the structure at all. Everything looked the same on paper as well. Sooo I cannot say with certainty what or how it was done. At the end of the day, he had a stamp and it was enough fo me to pull permits. That's all I wanted...I had even tried to find the original engineer, to see if he could help me. When I couldn't, I got hooked up with a friend of a friend deal...sort of.

Captain Dan

Reaction score
I don't know the legalities. Honestly, it was the first time I had dealt with blueprints to that extent. In my previous life, the building was erected already, I just had to put the lod on. I cannot say for sure he copied the prints exactly. I can say that nothing changed on the structure at all. Everything looked the same on paper as well. Sooo I cannot say with certainty what or how it was done. At the end of the day, he had a stamp and it was enough fo me to pull permits. That's all I wanted...I had even tried to find the original engineer, to see if he could help me. When I couldn't, I got hooked up with a friend of a friend deal...sort of.

I would have done the same thing. Nothing unethical on your end.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

A Friend Of a Friend, Of a Friend Of Butt Fucker!!

I have No Problem withPaying a Bit Higher for a Good Job or One that is done correctly fast, But this sounds like a Thief and not Ashamed to do it up front.

Greed is so Repulsive and Wrong 👎