WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need AC guy

parker112

Reaction score
I need to get someone to replace my AC in Parker. Does anyone have a good and reliable AC guy in Parker?

wzuber

Reaction score
I need a whole new system Too, No a/c in the summer gets a little tough. haha Lets hope they come up with some one really good.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What became of Slow in Havasu ?

cofooter

Reaction score
I only use Mercury in Havasu anymore. They are down in Parker several times a week.

digger

Reaction score
What ever you do don't call Charleys a/c in Parker:thumbsdown... They will rip you off on refrigerant. I had a rental unit that was cooling OK but wasn't getting enough air flow upstairs so I called them out to clean the indoor coil. The kid said he was going to check the unit. When I went back to check on him he said the unit was low on freon and he had to add 4 pounds of R410 at $40.00 a pound. R 410 only cost $6.00 a pound... I knew that was bullshit but couldn't do a thing about it. He ripped me off. I never put my gages on the unit because it had a nice cool suction line and it was cooling fine..More later

dezertrider

Reaction score
What ever you do don't call Charleys a/c in Parker:thumbsdown... They will rip you off on refrigerant. I had a rental unit that was cooling OK but wasn't getting enough air flow upstairs so I called them out to clean the indoor coil. The kid said he was going to check the unit. When I went back to check on him he said the unit was low on freon and he had to add 4 pounds of R410 at $40.00 a pound. R 410 only cost $6.00 a pound... I knew that was bullshit but couldn't do a thing about it. He ripped me off. I never put my gages on the unit because it had a nice cool suction line and it was cooling fine..More later

You cheap bastards crack me up LOL! We are well over that for R-410 just to cover our over head. He should of also gone through your entire system checking capacitors motor amp draws ect. I bet he could of found other potential issues. Find all the problems then give you options on what you want to repair.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I need to get someone to replace my AC in Parker. Does anyone have a good and reliable AC guy in Parker?

I need a whole new system Too, No a/c in the summer gets a little tough. haha Lets hope they come up with some one really good.

You guys should see if Riverbound and Dezertrider would do it before it gets too hot!

dezertrider

Reaction score
You guys should see if Riverbound and Dezertrider would do it before it gets too hot!

Thanks for the referral but we are so busy now we would be able to do it anytime soon,

Maybe when we open Dynamic Havasu lol

Keys22Howie

Reaction score
I would recommend Chuck's AC. He's been doing HVAC work for 30 plus years. He's the only HVAC contractor that actually does what he says in Parker. 928-916-3395

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Only $40/lb. you should've thanked him.

There's more to the "cost" of adding refrigerant than just the gas itself per lb.

IMG_8900.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

You'd have to catch me on a weekend that I have my service truck with me and catch me after a few drinks at roadrunner to get me to work when I'm out there. Lol.

We are so slammed right now. The cost to get us to drop what we have and do an install out there would scare most people off.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
You'd have to catch me on a weekend that I have my service truck with me and catch me after a few drinks at roadrunner to get me to work when I'm out there. Lol.

We are so slammed right now. The cost to get us to drop what we have and do an install out there would scare most people off.

Drinks are cheap!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I just replaced a 15 year old 4 ton, roof unit.

14 SEER
11 EER

Check this guy: John Davis, Parker Refrigeration. Has an ad on a "popular social network" site. "Foot magazine" or something. ;) Text of the ad below.

Installation reasonable and quick.

Tell him I (Alan) sent you.

Ad:::::::

HVAC Systems. The prices listed are for heat-pump systems. Heating and cooling.

Package units: Side discharge.
2 ton: $2145.00
3 ton: $2268.00
4 ton: $2500.00
5 ton: $2705.00

Down flow (requires roof curb 375.00)
2 ton: $2628.00
3 ton: $2897.00
4 ton: $3370.00
5 ton: $3600.00

Split System:
2 ton: $2280.00
3 ton: $2470.00
4 ton: $2700.00
5 ton: $2900.00

Prices are plus tax and shipping. fob Phoenix.
$100.00 for lift gate. $75.00 no lift gate.**

Feel free to call or text with questions and more information. 928.916.8440

:::::::::::::

**I went and picked up the unit myself in Avondale. (West Valley-Phoenix) $35 gas vs. $100 shipping and waiting around for the truck, unloading etc.

Here's the info on my unit:

http://www.arcoaire.com/en/us/products/spp/performance-14-packaged-narrow-lot-heat-pump/

wzuber

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the referrals. I will call to set appts. this week while I'm down here.

thetub

Reaction score
gotta quick question

I currently have a roof unit in Parker and was wondering if its better to put them on the ground?

but noticed that all are on the roof around here...

I have room in the back yard or do they not put them on the ground in Parker for a reason? weather/dust?

thanks for any info...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
gotta quick question

I currently have a roof unit in Parker and was wondering if its better to put them on the ground?

I have room in the back yard or do they not put them on the ground in Parker for a reason? weather/dust?

thanks for any info...

No performance difference. The unit doesn't function any different on the roof or on ground.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
gotta quick question

thanks for any info...

Transferring from a roof mount to ground mount would require major expensive ducting changes.

Most of the homes in Parker were built under a Federal Farm program in the late '60s through the '70s. Package roof units are typically the most inexpensive to buy and install since everything except the main unit is put in the attic crawl space. Most of the Federal homes were built on "low bid" contracts by local contractors. That's what they had the most experience doing after building dozens of them for the feds, so other non-federal homes were built the same way.

thetub

Reaction score
Transferring from a roof mount to ground mount would require major expensive ducting changes.

Most of the homes in Parker were built under a Federal Farm program in the late '60s through the '70s. Package roof units are typically the most inexpensive to buy and install since everything except the main unit is put in the attic crawl space. Most of the Federal homes were built on "low bid" contracts by local contractors. That's what they had the most experience doing after building dozens of them for the feds, so other non-federal homes were built the same way.

got it thanks

I just assumed it would be cheaper to put it on the ground and easier to maintenance...

dezertrider

Reaction score
I just replaced a 15 year old 4 ton, roof unit.

14 SEER
11 EER

Check this guy: John Davis, Parker Refrigeration. Has an ad on a "popular social network" site. "Foot magazine" or something. ;) Text of the ad below.

Installation reasonable and quick.

Tell him I (Alan) sent you.

Ad:::::::

HVAC Systems. The prices listed are for heat-pump systems. Heating and cooling.

Package units: Side discharge.
2 ton: $2145.00
3 ton: $2268.00
4 ton: $2500.00
5 ton: $2705.00

Down flow (requires roof curb 375.00)
2 ton: $2628.00
3 ton: $2897.00
4 ton: $3370.00
5 ton: $3600.00

Split System:
2 ton: $2280.00
3 ton: $2470.00
4 ton: $2700.00
5 ton: $2900.00

Prices are plus tax and shipping. fob Phoenix.
$100.00 for lift gate. $75.00 no lift gate.**

Feel free to call or text with questions and more information. 928.916.8440

:::::::::::::

**I went and picked up the unit myself in Avondale. (West Valley-Phoenix) $35 gas vs. $100 shipping and waiting around for the truck, unloading etc.

Here's the info on my unit:

http://www.arcoaire.com/en/us/products/spp/performance-14-packaged-narrow-lot-heat-pump/

Is that equipment only pricing or installed?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I assume the $73.00 price for that 1 lb 410 includes labor,,Right? How much do you guys get for a 5 uf 370v run cap?

Yes. We work on flat rate pricing. All our repairs are inclusive of parts and labor. With average labor time and parts costs factored in. Basically a slower tech doesn't cost more in labor.

We have different pricing structures
Standard rate.
Additional repairs.
Maint Customer
Maint Customer additional repair
After hours
After hours additional repair.

5mfd.
IMG_8920.jpg