WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need advice for what this is worth

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
So this was my cousins boat, the boat I grew up on. Unfortunately he passed about 4 years ago, and the boat was used once after that down in needels. So the boat has sat for about 3.5 years now, and outside. I've shined her back up, but she will eventually need upholstery and I am not sure what kind of motor. (I never was an engine guy, wish I was) it's a 1976 Charger, berkley Jet, motor (I know it has not been started since) I know was rebuilt sometime ago, but could not tell you when. She ran good in her day and on the one "tribute" trip, but that's all I can say. His wife asked me to find out what to list it for. You guys are the pros, you tell me....(I wish I had the room and time to keep her) I know it's very limited info, but any ball park would be appreciated.

koenig

Reaction score
I'll say $3,500 and not much more. Can't think of any engine combo's that would up the value much. From the pictures it looks like it needs re-upholstery and could use a color sand. But doing those things won't bring it up much in value.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Raise the engine hatch and shoot a couple of pix....we can tell what the maker is at least.

If BBC, will bring a little more cash than BBF.

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
If it still runs about 3500.. If not it's not worth much unfortunately!! Will make someone a nice entry level boat!!

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
That's a Ford, probably 460.

Jet boats are bringing a fair amount more than $3500 now for some reason, my friend has been looking for one so I have been looking online.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I looked at pix on my phone originally. After a closer look at pics on my computer, I'm in agreement with $3500. It's a little rougher than I thought.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
That boat may look cleaner with all of the engine cover removed, in my opinion, but I would leave that up to the buyer.

koenig

Reaction score

Jet boats are bringing a fair amount more than $3500 now for some reason, my friend has been looking for one so I have been looking online.

Nice clean ones are bringing a little more but not much. Can still find them between $4 and $6k needing nothing turnkey. Rougher boats like this one don't go for much more then $3,500 and I'm assuming it runs. Might have up my estimate a little if it was running BBC.

Richard.E

Reaction score
Seen jet boats on Craigslist going in that similar 3-5k range. A nice buff/wax could up the value a couple hundred. Which engine is it?

Vegaskeith

Reaction score

460 Ford! Distributor in the front of the engine!

PUMPKIN TITS

Reaction score
Raise the engine hatch and shoot a couple of pix....we can tell what the maker is at least.

If BBC, will bring a little more cash than BBF.

Not trying to argue the whole Ford or Chevy thing cuz I cud go either way as long as it wasn't 455 olds. From my understanding BBF has much taller stock deck heights, oil drain back holes in valley to front and rear as opposed to 454 directly in center which drains directly on cam robbing a couple h.p. Also BBF has fatter head bolts just to name a few. Again I think both motors are acceptable power plants and ive owned numerous fords and Chevys over the years. your not the only one who said this so my question is why would one find the 454 more desirable? Thanks bud

koenig

Reaction score
Should point out most of my price estimate is based off the British Columbia, Washington State and Oregon markets.

Here Chevy is more popular engine choice. Most seem to view Ford as one step up from Olds here. So just out of popular demand tend to give Chevy more points. Not a one engine is better then the other thing.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Not trying to argue the whole Ford or Chevy thing cuz I cud go either way as long as it wasn't 455 olds. From my understanding BBF has much taller stock deck heights, oil drain back holes in valley to front and rear as opposed to 454 directly in center which drains directly on cam robbing a couple h.p. Also BBF has fatter head bolts just to name a few. Again I think both motors are acceptable power plants and ive owned numerous fords and Chevys over the years. your not the only one who said this so my question is why would one find the 454 more desirable? Thanks bud

Just seems that the overall 'likeability' in boat power seems to be:

Ilmore V-10
GM BBC
Oval BBF
GM BBO
Evinrude
Scott-Atwater
Sea-King by Montgomery Ward

:D

MOUZER

Reaction score
time of year is a big factor....right now is the time to sell wax it get it to run and ask $4k obo avarage youngster looking for a boat wants a 18 ft jet for the river :thumbsup