WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need an enclosed trailer ASAP for RDP

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
View attachment 661462 There were these that would work for the ranger. It's light enough for your f150

A buddy of mine bought one of those...kept if for 2 trips and couldn't wait to get rid of it. There is literally zero room inside. The only good part was A/C and a bathroom...but there's no place to sit down.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't think the trailer combo you want exist with in your budget, a simple trailer does at $6,000. What you want is expensive, and while it would be cool for traveling and the occasion over night desert trip it hardly warrants the additional $30 -$40,000. I'm all for you spending $50,000, I'd like it to have a/c running all the time with the plastic door/drape like the Coorslight guys had at the street fair when Winn had the 41. I liked the roof top access as well. Little bbq/smoker would be handy at shows as well.

I think fishingfool might have found exactly what I want this am!

I can’t really see what’s wrong with this for what I want to do? Other than the fact that it isn’t “baller”. It kind of fits all my criteria?

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvd/d/2005-weekend-warrior-fk1900/6623096787.html

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
What about an simple wildwood or similar type trailer. Remove the bed and build storage and use the rear bunks for even more storage. Has a built in awning and you could use the kitchen table, small kitchen, and bathroom. All for 5-10K depwnding on used or brand new.
main.jpg
dont_copy.jpg

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I would create a rolling cart system that can be tied down to the factory d-rings in the floor and then roll them out to display (think snap-on boxes). As far as a window you may be able to convert the side window to be a flip up/down whole unit and fab a simple counter that would “clip” onthe window sill.

I have been looking at the same options/issues with this as my wife has a bathing suit business and we want to start doing shows with this similar usage in mind.

That thing is nice.

I am still trying to wrap my head around where you would put the drawer systems for all the clothing. And how you make that all function correctly. As well as the flip out window etc.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Screenshot_20180708-194136_Facebook.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Going to investigate some
Options this week and see what’s what.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Going to investigate some
Options this week and see what’s what.
If you want to go the used Toyhauler route I can look at the Rowley White Inventories here (I work for RW) Might be something in your price range that would work.

If you are looking for New. we are having an Attitude sale all summer long on 25FS or 27FS.

Or upgrade your truck and just go way overkill like me.

31841454_2083830758519140_4033012387303915520_n.jpg

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Reactions: DLC

NicPaus

Reaction score
I think fishingfool might have found exactly what I want this am!

I can’t really see what’s wrong with this for what I want to do? Other than the fact that it isn’t “baller”. It kind of fits all my criteria?

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvd/d/2005-weekend-warrior-fk1900/6623096787.html
I bought 1 of these 2 years ago. Was sitting in storage at Echo. Will not fit much under the back bunk height wise. Check the cap and floors for leaks as they are notorious. Damn thing was heavy also for how small it was. Friends new diesel got under 6 mpg towing it. Sold it for 8k was a 08.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I think either of these would work great with the edge going to the Work and Play. More baller to the Pace though. Either would look good wrapped and not white trash looking.

Or get a toyhauler with a rear patio like this. I think a lot are made with these now, you could roll apparel racks out onto it or stereo, bar, etc.

4E209CDD-C6A7-4BBF-B72C-EBDF1B00A715.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well we are getting closer to what I'm thinking.. Honestly the budget and making it make sense financially is the biggest hurdle. I'm thinking right around 10K max for it to make sense for us.. That would take about a year to pay it back in clothing sales and other benefits. (Extra place for someone to crash if they come out here etc..)

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2008-thor-tahoe-22fb-toy/6614696654.html

The above link is pretty much at the top of my list (about as baller as I think I could afford... Figured after grinding it would be right around the 10K mark)

And for affordability I think that little weekend warrior deal would work as well.

I just can't get past the corrugated sides.. it looks cheesy to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you want to go the used Toyhauler route I can look at the Rowley White Inventories here (I work for RW) Might be something in your price range that would work.

If you are looking for New. we are having an Attitude sale all summer long on 25FS or 27FS.

Or upgrade your truck and just go way overkill like me.

View attachment 662470

I think the wrap on your trailer is probably my entire budget.. LOL

RD

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
Dave the cheapest trailer sales place is Phil's Trailer sales in Robinson Texas, I sent you a text with the info. Seems they beat everyones price including my shipping cost.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Nice. That’s the one I sent to you. Great price for a clean trailer and I would almost bet your ranger will fit in it.

I hope you pick it up.

Well we are getting closer to what I'm thinking.. Honestly the budget and making it make sense financially is the biggest hurdle. I'm thinking right around 10K max for it to make sense for us.. That would take about a year to pay it back in clothing sales and other benefits. (Extra place for someone to crash if they come out here etc..)

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2008-thor-tahoe-22fb-toy/6614696654.html

The above link is pretty much at the top of my list (about as baller as I think I could afford... Figured after grinding it would be right around the 10K mark)

And for affordability I think that little weekend warrior deal would work as well.

I just can't get past the corrugated sides.. it looks cheesy to me.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I hope that thing doesn’t have working A/C! You’re all about roughing it like a manly man.
Where’s your tent, lol

Please don't use chick terms like "manly man". Find another description. lol

Please don't tell me you installed ac in your boat...? That's what this is about right? lol And relax, I was an Eagle scout and both my kids are boy scouts- I still tent camp often... :cool:

What about you?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Please don't use chick terms like "manly man". Find another description. lol

Please don't tell me you installed ac in your boat...? That's what this is about right? lol And relax, I was an Eagle scout and both my kids are boy scouts- I still tent camp often... :cool:

What about you?

Lol, I was gonna say fucker but went pc

The 30 I’m looking at I was going to w zero shame.
Vector and 210 clearly not.

As far as tents go, haven’t in a couple years. I had one made that fit on pipe rack of one of the old work trucks. Was better then regular tent. But know what’s better then that. AC, heat, microwave, stove, Bbq, electric awning, beds and pillows that are as comfortable as Home, tv if and when I want it ( rarely ever on) but it’s there if little ones wanna watch movies at night to drown out the noise of people and bikes or sandrails doing late night rides. Storm or winds roll in close shit up and sit nice and comfy inside.

I was just screwing w you since you’re always so old school bout boats n bikes, yet there you are with a toy hauler. :D

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got a decent 21ft tail-gator toy box, currently has the bed pulled out so I can store me rzr in it at river.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So an update on this little adventure..

Pulled out the brochure on my truck today and it’s rated to pull 11,300 pds! Way more than I thought it would, so that opens up Some possibilities here.

Problem is I know exactly jack shit about toy haulers and which ones are to be avoided or good ones etc?

So if you had a budget of 10-15k what would you buy? Bare in mind it’s the off season and I plan on offering about 10k on trailers being sold for 12k etc..

Here are some examples of what I have been looking at.

Anything else we should be looking at? Any of these good? I’m thinking 25-28’. Building rolling carts that go in and out for shows, and then using it as a camper sometimes in the winter.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Found a 290sa gearbox for 12k that looks pretty nice?2007.. those any good? Claims they are only 7k empty? For what we would use it for it should be fine right?

Any suggestions? Open to SoCal/AZ/NV

yz450mm

Reaction score
It sounds to me like the camping aspect is secondary to the utility aspect, so I would suggest getting a bigger enclosed trailer that has some of the amenities already added. A 22 foot toy hauler is really small, I can almost guarantee you that you would outgrow it the first time you loaded it up.

If you want a trailer to take the family camping all the time, and occasionally haul merchandise for a show, get a toy hauler that's at least 24 feet. If you want a trailer that is mainly for merchandising and shows, and to occasionally take the family camping, get an enclosed with basic amenities installed.

If you're dead set on the toy hauler route, let me know and I will give you some direction. I'm on my fourth toy hauler, and also spent a little bit of time as an RV salesman back in the day, so I know the ins and outs.

yz450mm

Reaction score
So an update on this little adventure..

Pulled out the brochure on my truck today and it’s rated to pull 11,300 pds! Way more than I thought it would, so that opens up Some possibilities here.

Problem is I know exactly jack shit about toy haulers and which ones are to be avoided or good ones etc?

So if you had a budget of 10-15k what would you buy? Bare in mind it’s the off season and I plan on offering about 10k on trailers being sold for 12k etc..

Here are some examples of what I have been looking at.

Anything else we should be looking at? Any of these good? I’m thinking 25-28’. Building rolling carts that go in and out for shows, and then using it as a camper sometimes in the winter.
Found a 290sa gearbox for 12k that looks pretty nice?2007.. those any good? Claims they are only 7k empty? For what we would use it for it should be fine right?

Fleetwood gearboxes weren't a bad choice back in those days, if I remember right I think they were a little bit heavy. There were some delamination issues, so you would have to look at that first.

I've got a 2005 27-foot fifth wheel toy hauler that I would sell for cheap, if you were just staying local around that area then it might work for you? 8500 for you, and I'll include the hitch.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Unless you are going to upgrade your truck or ONLY tow around your area I would say no. As stated above gearbox trailers are very heavy (which is a good thing/built right) and often exceed their “posted” weight. A 29’ trailer is probably more like 32-34’ OA. That’s a lot for a 1/2 ton.

shueman

Reaction score
I think you'll need at least a 3/4 ton based on your target usage ... maybe get a box/utility first for hauling show gear and see how it goes

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just because you have a piece of paper saying your truck can tow a certain weight dont mean chit.

My half ton ram is rated to pull 10,000lbs. My trailer is around 7500lbs. After pulling that, ya 10,000lbs my ass.

Now if you are just tugging this trailer around town. No bubbles no troubles go for it.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You do not want to Tow a 29’ gear toy box with a 1/2 ton...lol

Do not believe what it says about weight before you know it you will be 15k pounds rolling down the road in a toy hauler once loaded.

Singleton

Reaction score

Albert

Reaction score
Get a small weekend warrior these are built solid go take a look at one after you have looked at others you will see the noticeable differences in the trailers you can get a 26’ even with a 50 amp breaker they have a fb2600 mdl that has tons of storage I use to put a 700 raptor 4 seat rzr and a 80 raptor

j21black

Reaction score
I borrowed my Dad’s 20’ enclosed trailer a month or so ago to move Cabinets from Indiana to Alabama to put in my shop.

Also decided to buy a new mower out of Mississippi so I used it to go pick it up.

Has me thinking I need to buy one as well. I probably towed this thing 2,000 miles in the 3 weeks I had it. He was yammering on and on that I needed to hook up the stabilizer bars. Never did, and honestly it was hard to tell it was behind me compared to the boat. I thought for sure it would be a PIA with wind, but it wasn’t. I was shocked. In a good way.

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6069.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Get a small weekend warrior these are built solid go take a look at one after you have looked at others you will see the noticeable differences in the trailers you can get a 26’ even with a 50 amp breaker they have a fb2600 mdl that has tons of storage I use to put a 700 raptor 4 seat rzr and a 80 raptor

Weekend warriors would be what I recommend to my worst enemy.

Bent frames, collapsed A frames at the tongue and sagging walls.

Sorry I have seen to many POS weekend warriors first hand.

Albert

Reaction score
Ive owned four 0 issues my frined had a brand new Attitude 5er almost killed him first trip out he returned it after that weekend . You have to know what to look for. Those issues are on the larger ones and there are fixes for them as well

NicPaus

Reaction score

My Fleetwood toyhauler was the step down from gearbox model. 26' weighed 6600lbs empty with a 1500 lb tongue weight. Gearbox same size was 1300 lbs heavier. To balance tongue weight needed water tank full 130 gallons and a rhino and few quads. Without a load in it my 3/4 ton needed air in the bags.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ive owned four 0 issues my frined had a brand new Attitude 5er almost killed him first trip out he returned it after that weekend . You have to know what to look for. Those issues are on the larger ones and there are fixes for them as well

Glad you have had good luck.

You are right, you have to know what to look for.

It’s the WW emblem lol

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My 4500-lb “dry weight” 23’ toy hauler was 10,500 lbs when fully loaded including a Rhino and two quads [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slats

Reaction score
I agree with the wow being a poor choice. I had a few guys in our group that had them. Nothing but problems with them. I had a Tahoe transport for 13 years. Only thing I replaced was the water heater. It was a great unit. The gear box is a great choice. It's just heavy. Toy haulers get heavy fast. Toys,gear,fuel,food,beer, don't forget all the pots and pans to cook with. I used plastic dishes as much as possible to keep the weight down. Light weight aluminum pots and pans. Plastic cups. The water than in front is a great thing to counter balance the rear weight. Like the previous reply don't over load your truck the 1/2 ton is ok for local trips. You will burn it up on longer trips.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My 4500-lb “dry weight” 23’ toy hauler was 10,500 lbs when fully loaded including a Rhino and two quads [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s assume there will never be a sxs in this thing. I’ll build two rolling carts with drawer systems and roll in and out of it..

If those aren’t in it a couple xr50’s and maybe a kids quad, and an adult quad.

After looking at my ranger and the sheer size of it, it’s pretty easy to see it isn’t going to fit in any of these things and if it did I couldn’t tow it.. lol. So that’s kind of a moot point now.

Just storage for show materials, and occasionally I’ll unload that and take the kids out in the local desert for a night or two.. or possible tow it down to pirates and hang out with Billdoe for a weekend

warlock250

Reaction score

The Gearbox trailers have a lot of Tongue weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk