WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need appetizer recipes for a smoker

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
I have a cheap little smoker I mess with but don't do it often enough. Looking for some appetizer recipes for Fathers day.
Whatcha got?

Thanks

Reactions: TPC

sintax

Reaction score
yup, the bacon wrapped japs are key, i've never heard anyone complain.

beyond that, pork belly burnt ends are super easy and super tasty. The pork belly is way more forgiving than a brisket.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
The buffalo turds and onion bombs look great. Never had either.
Keep em coming.!

ltbaney1

Reaction score
yup, the bacon wrapped japs are key, i've never heard anyone complain.

beyond that, pork belly burnt ends are super easy and super tasty. The pork belly is way more forgiving than a brisket.
If you like burnt ends, but dont want the hassle or cost of brisket, look up hotdog burnt ends. i have done them a couple times and they are always a hit. another one everyone seems to like is a queso dip. the bummer with the queso dip is you have to keep it warm after or it will turn into a solid block. i normally dump it in the crockpot after the smoke.

sintax

Reaction score
If you like burnt ends, but dont want the hassle or cost of brisket, look up hotdog burnt ends. i have done them a couple times and they are always a hit. another one everyone seems to like is a queso dip. the bummer with the queso dip is you have to keep it warm after or it will turn into a solid block. i normally dump it in the crockpot after the smoke.

I’ve done that one, and also smoked one of those chunks of bologna, that came out surprisingly well

HitIt

Reaction score
If you like burnt ends, but dont want the hassle or cost of brisket, look up hotdog burnt ends.

And if you don't want the stigma of hot dogs, use kielbasa and do a fancy cut like this:

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Jalapeno poppers:

Mix - Goat cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheddar
Cook the bacon in a pan
Cut the jalapenos in half and de-seed (leave some seeds if you want them hot)

Fill the jalapeno canoe with cheese mis, top with bacon strip, throw on the smoker at desired temp, pull em when they look good

Xring01

Reaction score
Moink Balls…

meatballs, wrapped in bacon, smoked with pork rub and bbq sause at the last 20 minutes…
easy, everyone loves them.

lantz

Reaction score
Smoked Cheese Dip -- You can find recipes for this online that are more exact, but here's an easy way to mix up some Smoked Cheese Dip in any sized disposable aluminum roasting pan. Get your pan. Fill Half of it with cubed velveeta cheese. If you get a big ass pan, it's going to take more cheese. and more of everything else. Mentally divide the second half of the pan in thirds. Now cook up some protein--chorizo, spicey sausage, or just ground beef (boring)--enough to fill one third of the remaining half of the pan. Dice up some onion (any color you like as they all have their own flavor. White onions are the go to for this for most)--enough to fill a second third of the remaining half of the pan. Now go get your favorite brand of diced tomatoes. I like ones with green chilis in them, or even a good can of your favorite Pico De Gallo. Drain them, and use that to fill up the final third of the reamining half of the pan. Lastly, add as much diced jalepeno as you like to anywhere in the dish. You can also add some diced garlic if you want to. If I am making this by itself, I smoke it low for an hour or less untll the velveeta gets really gooey, I stir it even though it may be lumpy still, then I turn up the heat to 250 until the cheese is creamy. Give it a final stir and serve with whatever you want to dip into it or drizzle it over. If you are smoking other things at the same time, make sure you stir it at least once when it really softens, and then make sure it gets hot enough at the end to get creamy. Good luck!

wallnutz

Reaction score
Personal pizzas. Buy the pre made little pizza crust, sauce em, cheese em, pepperoni em and smoke em.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Poppers.jpg

Sure! ... I tell you -- Then you go and get some backing and start a business make'n them! 😁

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Pioneer woman's twice baked potato casserole. Pop it in the smoker instead of oven.. fn great!!!

DLC

Reaction score
Bacon wrapped bacon is my all time favorite!

I love bacon!

LoL

Some if these sound really D-lish!

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Definitely keeping some of these for later. Think I’m going with the buffalo turds and onion bombs this weekend. You guys never disappoint!

sintax

Reaction score
Definitely keeping some of these for later. Think I’m going with the buffalo turds and onion bombs this weekend. You guys never disappoint!

Impossible to go wrong with either.

btaco35

Reaction score
Armadillo Eggs. There are many variations, we like jalapeño filled with cheese to complement the meat. Wrap in bacon and case with seasoned spicy sausage or beef.