WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need expert help. 225 Mariner carbed 3.0l

Chin graders

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and joined in hopes of seeking advice on fixing my outboard. I have a 1998 mariner 225 carbed 3.0l outboard. The issue I have is at some point the power head was rebuilt/swapped. The numbers from the freeze plug indicate a 1994 model. The issue I have is with the recirc system. The manual shows the bleed line routing as matched in the manual as well as my motor. However the front half of the crank case is where my issue is. The crank case half behind the Reed block does not have provisions for check valves. The manual calls for check valves for the year indicated on the block. My question is will this work? Do I need to run a 1997 bleed line routing system instead? Or do I need to swap to the front crank case that has provisions for check valves? This is not adding up for me and I am not sure what to do. I will make a short video of my issue and findings so far. I'm stumped. The motor runs pig rich, kicks back at idle and when I shut it down and pull a bleed line off it has allot of fuel in the lines, way more than normal.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hHw-2XKP8&feature=plcp

All the floats checked out, carbs checked out, I have spark, compression is perfect. Fuel enrichment valve is perfect too. TPS is set to .095 volts.

hallett21

Reaction score
You may want to put this in the lounge to get a few more people to see it