WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need FG/Gel repair ASAP

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I somehow managed to locate a tree stump, rock, buried treasure or some focking thing down across from the pump station a few weeks ago. Jesse (Adrenalin detail) has been trying to get it taken care of for me, but NOBODY has time, or is too backed up to fix it.

Any suggestions on who (in Havasu) can repair this? Don't bother mentioning Saleen, he's busy till June :rolleyes:. I know there's other guys out there that can repair this (and yes, i want it done correctly), just don't know who...

Any help would be appreciated!

boatbottom.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
just bottom, so maybe Rusty at Ultra

However check you bunk board bolts and nuts, pic looks like a few need attention

traquer

Reaction score
Haven't had this done before but obviously it will need to be straight without a hook in it, and not just look good.

Joker

Reaction score
All the glass guys I talked to in Havasu are backed up 3 months right now. Thinking about towing it back home to get ours done. I'll be watching this thread to see if you find someone with a faster timeline.

Singleton

Reaction score
All the glass guys I talked to in Havasu are backed up 3 months right now. Thinking about towing it back home to get ours done. I'll be watching this thread to see if you find someone with a faster timeline.

i know for my repair, Ultra hired the guys from GT Performance to come out to Havasu and do the work.

Kevin at KMG might be an option, but you will pay $$ to get this fixed before DS

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Saleen did some minor work for me last month, but I had to book them in November.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
i know for my repair, Ultra hired the guys from GT Performance to come out to Havasu and do the work.

Kevin at KMG might be an option, but you will pay $$ to get this fixed before DS

I'll give Ultra a call, and try Gary. he's done work on the boat before for me.

Joker

Reaction score
I don't fall into that category 🤣
I'm semi scheduled with him but completion date is unknown. Could be 2 to 3 months of the boat sitting outside. If mines not that bad, he said he'll try to squeeze it in between a larger job. I could tow it to KMG and have it in the books in 3 weeks but thats a 5 hour tow each way.

Joker

Reaction score

Thank you for mentioning KMG. I've got mine scheduled.

Singleton

Reaction score
Thank you for mentioning KMG. I've got mine scheduled.

Kevin does great work. He has done repairs for me in the past and coordinated with the guys at WOT Marine as well. He would of gotten my boat for my recent repairs, but Ultra warrantied the transom cap, so they got all the work.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Kmg all day. If he can get you in he turns them around quickly as well.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Geezus Dave😲 you told me about this incident but didn't know the severity of the bottom damage. You mentioned the skeg damage and that the prop was ok.
My boat is at Iguana's getting the keels rhino'd right now. Not certain if they do bottom work but it might be a possibility since they do repair some keels before their rhino job.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I cant remember who Mikey's guy was... I remember a thread about it!

DWC

Reaction score
SOB and ouch. Hope one of the shops is able to squeeze the job in.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I have never heard of him before.. Glad to hear such high praises!! We could always use another gel guy.

He’s one of the guys that just quoted me for my boat. He works out of his friends garage I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Thought I would update this.

Steve Panter (the guy mentioned above) did the work, and I was very pleased. he didn't make the date he gave me of April 2nd, but did have it complete by the following Thursday. Works out of his house, but has a huge place with about 6 garages. Lots of room. had a few other boats there. He told me he would not work on anything bigger than about 28' anymore.

He did a nice job on the fix, and took a lot of precautions to keep the boat clean. A huge change from the last time I had work done on it (from a rather large and well known boat manufacturer down the road). Here is a few pics.

boat1.jpg
IMG_0868.JPG
Boat 3.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Harbor Freight jackstands for the win! 😁 Boat turned out really nice and it looks like he did a great job! 👍

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thought I would update this.

Steve Panter (the guy mentioned above) did the work, and I was very pleased. he didn't make the date he gave me of April 2nd, but did have it complete by the following Thursday. Works out of his house, but has a huge place with about 6 garages. Lots of room. had a few other boats there. He told me he would not work on anything bigger than about 28' anymore.

He did a nice job on the fix, and took a lot of precautions to keep the boat clean. A huge change from the last time I had work done on it (from a rather large and well known boat manufacturer down the road). Here is a few pics.

View attachment 999441 View attachment 999442 View attachment 999440

Was he seriously backed up? I'd like to get my bottom redone.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Had I kept my boat, Steve would have been who I had scheduled with for some cleanup. I've seen his work.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
He didn’t say. I would give him a call.

I called a bunch of people based on recommendations.. I wound up booked into Saleen after Memorial Day.. Going to bite my tongue about the manufacturer..but I'm less than impressed about them right now. Ill do a repair thread once my boat is back in my hands. Pedro really went above and beyond...my boat isn't even fixed yet and the fact that he was willing to meet with a friend of mine to bid/check my boat in the garage while I am 1200+mi away as well as work around the limited time we actually get to use our boat in all of this craziness said something.

He may be backed up..but Saleen gives off the "I give a shit vibe" and that is a big deal to me.