WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need help finding an axle

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 1997 HOSS trailer under her boat (used to be out of havasu?) that just lost a wheel bearing, and of course the noise went away when she got on the highway so she kept going... Needless to say, it's a mess and needs an axle, or I might settle just for a 4" drop stub spindle and I'll cut/weld. This is a 3500lb axle, 2x2 square tube, with 4" drop spindles, 93" hubface to hubface. All I seem to be able to find in this configuration is round tube. While I have no problem throwing a round tube under it, I'd like to try and keep them the same, for really no good reason at all I guess. Any clues on where I can find this unicorn? I've been googling for about 30 minutes.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Didn't they use UFP ? I was friends with Larry, and don't talk to Rick, but I think they used Unique Functional Products . They have a warehouse in Riverside ......

wishiknew

Reaction score
Friend of mine has a 1997 HOSS trailer under her boat (used to be out of havasu?) that just lost a wheel bearing, and of course the noise went away when she got on the highway so she kept going... Needless to say, it's a mess and needs an axle, or I might settle just for a 4" drop stub spindle and I'll cut/weld. This is a 3500lb axle, 2x2 square tube, with 4" drop spindles, 93" hubface to hubface. All I seem to be able to find in this configuration is round tube. While I have no problem throwing a round tube under it, I'd like to try and keep them the same, for really no good reason at all I guess. Any clues on where I can find this unicorn? I've been googling for about 30 minutes.

Redneck trailer supply Mira Loma Ca if it is a tandem axle just chain the axle up with no tire

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Didn't they use UFP ? I was friends with Larry, and don't talk to Rick, but I think they used Unique Functional Products . They have a warehouse in Riverside ......

Thanks George...I'll check with UFO in the AM. No brakes on this axle and no visible markings. Do UFP make axes or just brakes?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Thanks George...I'll check with UFO in the AM. No brakes on this axle and no visible markings. Do UFP make axes or just brakes?

They make the axes and the trailing arms on the torsion axles you have. You can buy a new trailing arm complete with the hub, bearings and brake setup.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't clarify, this is leaf spring.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Look up ultra haul in Anaheim. They built me an axle cheaper than I could buy

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't clarify, this is leaf spring.

Ok. Sorry. You need a complete axle then. Doesn't have to be from UFP. You can just measure and have one made.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Pacific Trailers in Chino will have it, or they will make it. 888-479-6926. I have read lately on RDP that some are having issues with Pacific Trailer but my experience was good. I had a white elephant axle and they cloned one for me. It was the braking axle, so backing plate to backing plate was under $500., including bearings, shoes, drums and brake lines.