WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need help identifying builder

slowride

Reaction score
Bought a new (to me) hull and need help identifying the builder. It's a bit old and a whacker, but has a lot of local history. It won't be making it back on the water, but will will be staying here keeping the history alive.
Any info on make is appreciated.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
Looks like a Jose or hose B planter job to me!

Hard to tell does the dirt have any organic materials, appears that some mulch is needed and some weeding...

I don’t think they pulled the plug on it

SoCalZero

Reaction score
I have been in that exact boat before. When it had a different paint job.

slowride

Reaction score
I have been in that exact boat before. When it had a different paint job.
Also looking for old pics of the boat. Will be stripping the latex to see what's left of the original gel.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
It's been moored at sunshine marina for years.

I've parked next to it by the Arizona Veterans Memorial.

I don't think Harry ever used it on the river.

That's all I got.

Dan'l

Reaction score
only because no made a actual builder's guess, and because this company built a shit ton of O/B in that size range my guess is Avenger.

Javajoe

Reaction score
If I was your neighbor I would buy it especially if I was listing my home for sale 😉

slowride

Reaction score
It's been moored at sunshine marina for years.

I've parked next to it by the Arizona Veterans Memorial.

I don't think Harry ever used it on the river.

That's all I got.

Dan'l
Thanks for the info. I have a place at the end of Whitewater (since 2003) and am trying to preserve the neighborhood history. There are still a few OG's here and am getting pics from the old days when they unearth them.
Interesting thing about the Harborview neighborhood is it was originally an HOA and what is now Harry's was originally the clubhouse and sales office. RJ (Loretta's son) sent me this scan of the original clubhouse. I'm trying to find pics of the pool as well as I'm told it's still there but filled in. Note the hot babes sunbathing on the grass :O
Don't know if the hull will be backyard art or a bar, but just couldn't let it leave the neighborhood.
Harrys1.jpg

Last edited:

old rigger

Reaction score
The boat that popped into my mind because of the big ugly dip in the gunnel's is the old International Eliminator. Only pics I could find quickly are these old Boathouse Bulletins. Clearly not the same deck but pretty close, the gunnels fade away before the well and on the one the thread they run all the way to the transom. Maybe they had another model, I dunno.

that's all I got.
00E0E_dr8LAtb28l1z_0aK0e3_1200x900.jpg

BHBPHOTO141.JPG

4Waters

Reaction score
Can't you tell by what the HIN starts with.

old rigger

Reaction score
Can't you tell by what the HIN starts with.
Absolutely, but those didn’t start until Nov ‘72 (if I remember right) and I’m guessing this boat in question might be older that that.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The "Boat House Bulletin" Eliminator was not a Bob Leach creation (this was a popular brand in the 1960s, Bob didn't get into the boat building business until 1969) -- Shaw's Sporting Goods in Hawthorne, CA was a dealer) -- the hull shown in the orignal image at the top of this thread is most likely an early Cee Bee Avenger built in Lynwood, CA.

old rigger

Reaction score
The "Boat House Bulletin" Eliminator was not a Bob Leach creation (this was a popular brand in the 1960s, Bob didn't get into the boat building business until 1969) -- Shaw's Sporting Goods in Hawthorne, CA was a dealer) -- the hull shown in the orignal image at the top of this thread is most likely an early Cee Bee Avenger built in Lynwood, CA.

I thought the same thing about it being one of Bobby’s Avengers because I thought there was the little peak running down the side of the hull like all his boats had but after I looked closer, it’s just paint and no peak.

I didn’t say it was the same eliminator boats but maybe I should have mentioned that instead of just listing the name of the company, International.