WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need help with extreme trailer brake parts and seals

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I have a 2006 eliminator with a tandem axle extreme trailer. Anybody know part numbers on seals and brake pads???

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Pacific Trailers has everything. What axles do you have?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Hell if I know....what should I be looking for to ID the axles

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Here is some info on the parts I located today for my extreme trailer. The oil seal I found at Napa, part #16657. I found a guy on a Malibu forum who said the pads on his extreme trailer were compatible with pads from a 1998-2000 Kia Sofia. I took the old pads to auto zone(because Napa didn’t have them in stock) and asked them for the Kia pads. They matched up perfectly and worked perfectly on the trailer. Duralast Gold part #DG766. Just thought I would share the info in case someone is looking for these parts.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Extreme used UFP back in the day (and may still). UFP hub seals were smaller than other manufacturers. Don't know what year they stopped making them, but all their new hubs are larger and standard to the industry, but you could have either of them. If you have 3500# axles (5 lug) you probably have the following.

INNER BEARINGS/RACES UFP L68149/L68111 (or L68110 which is the race for the old style small UFP hub that is not sold anymore. My 2000 Extreme has the small hub. I had to replace one hub so I now have 5 original smaller hubs and 1 new style larger hub.
OUTER BEARINGS/RACES UFP L44610/L44649
Two seals.
SEALS UFP 168233 (Old style small seal)
SEALS UFP 168256 (New style larger seal)
If you have DB-42 caliper (36020), the pad number at UFP is 33016-A. I don't have the number for the DB-35 pads

If you want Timken bearings and seals, you can find them, but they are scarce and expensive.

Last edited:

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Napa has Timken and yes, they aren’t cheap but likely worth it. Do not buy bearings from Pacific Trailer, mine lasted one season and I’m having to replace them again, great Chinese quality.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Napa has Timken and yes, they aren’t cheap but likely worth it. Do not buy bearings from Pacific Trailer, mine lasted one season and I’m having to replace them again, great Chinese quality.
Yeah, I put "Made in China" bearings and races in last year. China stuff came out of it and lasted 18 yrs. They were getting worn when they were changed. I may get bit in the ass on my next trip, but I didn't want to wait. I have a place to get them pretty reasonable, so I am going to start stockpiling them for the future.