WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need help with steering rams

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I was out at the lake yesterday and both steering rams were leaking so bad that the system got so low on fluid that the steering went out completely. I have both rams off and ready to
ship out for rebuild. Any suggestions? Hoping for a quick turn around so I can do the Lower River Run on the 13th, thanks for any help. Todd

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I sent mine to IMCO for rebuilds, not sure about turnaround time by the 13th though. Most Havasu shops dont rebuild them in house, they send them back.

rivergames

Reaction score
I was on my fishing boat on Saturday 2 hours south of the Border in Mexico about 20 miles offshore and my steering started going out. By the time I made it back to mission bay in San Diego, it was practically gone. I literally pulled up to the dock next to the launch ramp with 0 steering left in her. I called up WOT marine and dropped my boat off that night. Kyle said my ram was a gonner. He is putting on a new ram and helm this week.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I sent mine to IMCO for rebuilds, not sure about turnaround time by the 13th though. Most Havasu shops dont rebuild them in house, they send them back.
Imco can get them back to me early next week, I'm shipping them today. Another question, how are the two motors supposed to be aligned, toe in, even or toe out?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Imco can get them back to me early next week, I'm shipping them today. Another question, how are the two motors supposed to be aligned, toe in, even or toe out?
Spinning in or out?

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Normal rotation on left side, counter on right side.

bocco

Reaction score
I did mine myself with this seal kit from CP performance Part #137-9248 . The inner shaft seal was a bitch. Lots of boiling water to soften up the seal helps.