WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need info. Anybody recognize this drawing

BlowMe

Reaction score
So i pulled the drivers seat in my boat last night for the first time since owning it and i found a badass hand drawn picture that is laminated to the bottom of my seat. I personally think its awesome and super neat. That being said it left me intrigued and wondering....i wonder how long its been there and if yall think that the original colors of the boat were red and white like in the picture...if anybody has any info or insight it would be appreciated. My curiosity is getting the best of me now lol thanks
123_1_35.jpeg
123_1_40.jpeg
123_1_33.jpeg
123_1_34.jpeg

TrollerDave

Reaction score
So i pulled the drivers seat in my boat last night for the first time since owning it and i found a badass hand drawn picture that is laminated to the bottom of my seat. I personally think its awesome and super neat. That being said it left me intrigued and wondering....i wonder how long its been there and if yall think that the original colors of the boat were red and white like in the picture...if anybody has any info or insight it would be appreciated. My curiosity is getting the best of me now lol thanks View attachment 1013115 View attachment 1013116 View attachment 1013117 View attachment 1013118

Reach out to them and see if they know anything. Or try BoatCop’s idea about the AZ #’s or trace the HIN #. Definitely would be a cool story to hear about.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Did the previous owner know anything? Maybe the shop that did the custom paint/ interior?

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
My Mopar mentor had a weird noise in a 69 Road Runner in the early 70's. Tore the back seat out to find a 6 oz. Coke bottle suspended by a string. In it was a note that read "How long have you been looking for this ? Ha ha."

BlowMe

Reaction score
Did the previous owner know anything? Maybe the shop that did the custom paint/ interior?

He did not. It sat in his garage at his weekend home that was on the river in Arizona and took it out maybe once every couple of months and then put it back in the garage. I asked if there was anything done to the pump and he didnt know. When i got there from st.louis I started to look at it and it has a shoe and ride plate and all the goodies. This was his " trophy boat " and he had 4 others as well so this one didnt get much use and he didnt know much about it

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
A lot of time when I do remodels I toss a magazine or a newspaper in the wall before I seal them up.

My last house had a newspaper from 1955 in the wall.

I put a note with my full name, telephone number and a $5 bill in a metal cigar tube. I buried it in the concrete of a set of cast in place entry steps on a West LA building I was involved with over 25 years ago. I’ve done it twice since in slabs.

Still have the same telephone number. Wonder if I’ll ever hear from anyone.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
When my parents' house was being built in 1975, it came spec (Federal Program) with vinyl tile floors throughout. They paid extra, directly to the builder, to have wall to wall carpet installed, and asked if they could forego the tiles, and MAYBE apply the cost of the tiles and labor to the carpet install. (same sub was doing both). They said they'd like to, but couldn't leave out the tiles, since that's what the contract called for, and being Federal, it WOULD be inspected. However, they could choose whatever tile and pattern they wanted.

They ended up with a huge hand, middle finger up, pattern in the middle of their living room. Mom sold the house about 4 years ago, after her husband passed. It still had the original carpet, so I can just see the new owners standing there, scratching their heads when they put in new carpet.

Last edited:

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
My Mopar mentor had a weird noise in a 69 Road Runner in the early 70's. Tore the back seat out to find a 6 oz. Coke bottle suspended by a string. In it was a note that read "How long have you been looking for this ? Ha ha."

I once had a real dick as Commanding Officer on one of my ships. There was a leak in the A/C system in his Cabin, and he didn't want just any peon fixing it and demanded that the Engineering Officer have me (Chief, supervisor of the Machine Shop and Auxiliary Systems Maintenance) do it. I had to pull off a few ceiling panels in order to get to the leak, a simple clogged condensate drain, that one of my junior guys could handle, no problem. Somehow a 1/4" ball bearing fell out of my pocket into the steel overhead.

Good luck sleeping while the ship's underway and rocking, asshole.

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Our dealership turned 100 years old in 2017. Back in the early 90’s I had to replace a hot water heater and break a hole in the wall. There was a home made bottle of wine in the wall. I forget what the message said. It appeared to be from the original build time. My Grandmother drank it. Sadly lost track of the note and bottle.

BlowMe

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to miller boats and waiting to hear back. Would love to get some info about it. I did a google search and the infamous pool picture got used earlier this year in an article on Hemmings website so thats kinda neat. Keeping my fingers crossed about hearing back from miller 🤞

nowski

Reaction score
I never knew Ed Roth took on apprentices, Cool Pic...