WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need Insurance

HavAZd

Reaction score
Well I have this project to a point that I can put this thing in the water tomorrow. Now all I need is insurance. My company (Geico) doesn't insure older jet boats (Spectra 20) and searching on-line for marine insurance, it seems no one else does either. Any references out there? Especially a way to get it done Saturday?

alohajeff

Reaction score
My 1974 Spectra 24XS is insured through AAA. The bummer is I have been fighting to get the physical damage limit increased. When the boat was originally inspected by their agent it didn't have a floor, seats, engine hatch, it was basically a bare hull with an engine. I talked to my agent (same agent for a decade) and he said once the boat is all prettied up to have it inspected again. My policy is $265 for the year. Basic policy, $500,000 for liability, $10,000 for the boat itself. I added $30 for "accidental spillage coverage" incase the thing sinks and pukes fluids like a BP well head.

My agent is Christopher Moons (great guy) and he is out of the AAA office in Corona at the 15/91 interchange. Might be worth a call: 951-817-5452

Aloha