WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need Intercooler Boot Hose Clamps

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
So I thought it was necessary to change my very minimally leaky intercooler pipe boots before a lake trip.

Now two of the hose clamps have stripped. I’m really sure how.

I just ran to O’Reilly and Auto Zone with no luck.

Any suggestions? It’s a 6.0 Powerstroker.

Napa, diesel shop, McMaster Carr?

023F9F4B-3036-409E-A0F4-8CAE9667DB75.jpeg

bonesfab

Reaction score
mcmastercarr has them. or Summit or HPS in covina or somewhere around there. If there is a hoseman close they have them also.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Just put a good nut on top of the stripped one , it will fix it temporarily.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

McFadden Dale had them without the spring but had a nylon nut.

I'm thinking the spring style isn't fully necessary (maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong), but if it starts giving me problems, I'll get the spring style.

It should be solid for the weekend. We don't tow too far and the biggest grade we deal with is north on the 95 out of Havasu.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

McFadden Dale had them without the spring but had a nylon nut.

I'm thinking the spring style isn't fully necessary (maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong), but if it starts giving me problems, I'll get the spring style.

It should be solid for the weekend. We don't tow too far and the biggest grade we deal with is north on the 95 out of Havasu.
I was going to say Mcfaddendale has them. Spring doesn't matter and switch the nut to a steel nut. For some reason my 7.3s have a mixture of spring and non spring clamps and they don't match between the 2 trucks.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
No need for the spring, the newer stuff hasn’t used them for quite some time now.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Fun little update:

I'm an overtightener, so I like to know the torque specs. My torque wrench only goes down to 10 ft lbs and the clamps are supposed to be 9. A few youtube videos said snug but not too tight because you'll start to collapse the pipe. I noticed and should've tightened appropriately... that the boot connects to the turbo with the thick metal connection and compared to the thinner pipe. And the previous boot was clamped down tight at the turbo.

About two miles from the top of the Cajon Pass on Friday morning.... boom psssssssssssssssssssss - boot blows off the turbo. And the shoulder is only two feet wider than my truck. Buddy and I hopped out and Nascar pit stop reattached the boot in under 5 minutes. Women were getting super nervous.

All good now 👍

bonesfab

Reaction score
Fun little update:

I'm an overtightener, so I like to know the torque specs. My torque wrench only goes down to 10 ft lbs and the clamps are supposed to be 9. A few youtube videos said snug but not too tight because you'll start to collapse the pipe. I noticed and should've tightened appropriately... that the boot connects to the turbo with the thick metal connection and compared to the thinner pipe. And the previous boot was clamped down tight at the turbo.

About two miles from the top of the Cajon Pass on Friday morning.... boom psssssssssssssssssssss - boot blows off the turbo. And the shoulder is only two feet wider than my truck. Buddy and I hopped out and Nascar pit stop reattached the boot in under 5 minutes. Women were getting super nervous.

All good now 👍

Been there done that. Until you get them where they want to be.. Going from moving to nowhere fast. Had one on my bus blow so hard it put a nipple in the steel fender from the stud on the clamp.