WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need New Steering Wheel. HELP!

KevinR

Reaction score
We have just changed our 2007 Conquest deck boat over to a new hydraulic steering system, and I am having a heck of a time finding a new steering wheel.

My understanding is that with hydraulic steering, the wheel does not return to top dead center, thus requiring either a three or four spoke wheel. The three spoke wheel would have spokes at 2-6-10 o'clock and the four spoke wheel would be at 12-3-6-9 o'clock. Is my understanding correct?

If so, I've been looking on line and cannot find a 6 bolt, 13-13.5 inch, flat/no dish wheel with either the three or four spoke set up. I've searched West Marine, Rex Marine, Connelly Marine, ebay, Amazon, etc. etc. etc.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No dish? i always though flat wheels look like they belong on tractors..
By the way I totally get wanting to have a symmetrical wheel because of the hydraulic deal, but honestly after dealing it in real life I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Eddie marine has a bunch of wheels with different adaptors.... might be worth a look if you missed that on your original search.

KevinR

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses.

Dave, I hear you. We may ultimately need to just not worry about the equal spacing of spokes. Also, a dished wheel with the dash to seat spacing would not be comfortable.

FF, thanks for that link, but unfortunately that wheel on Amazon has the spokes at 3-6-9 and we are looking for spokes at 2-6-10 for the equal spacing.

TH1 I'll check out Eddie Marine. Thanks. I just checked out Livorsi and it looks like they have some wheels that meet all our criteria.

KevinR

Reaction score
Eddie marine has a bunch of wheels with different adaptors.... might be worth a look if you missed that on your original search.

Some really good looking wheels. But the spoke placement is not what we are looking for.

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Here is the wheel I just installed on the Fastcat. Very little dish, 3 spoke, 6 bolt.

IMG_1950.jpg

F14

Reaction score
Go with a Sparco. You wont regret it!

image.jpeg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
How come they don't show the bolt circle diameter on the CP website?

There are more than one size bolt circle diameters out there. I know for a fact Dino and Momo are different.
I bought a 6 bolt Momo and ended up needing a new hub to get it to fit. :grumble: