Weather Tech floor mats
Full Tint
35C038E8-6A6A-4E16-B993-F1A119B4EBE1.jpeg

Last edited:

240Hallett

Reaction score
DBA6CC21-6EA0-4E59-ADCD-9CCA4A9AB40A.jpeg
This is the front of the truck.

1) Grill: Polish it, chrome it, or leave it alone? I would prefer for it to shine a little more than it does, but I'm not sure how chrome will look on a stock truck. Polishing it seems like a lot of work to keep up on.

2) I will need tow mirrors. Probably go with the boost mirrors. Go Black, White, or Chrome? View attachment 986925

Sent From Tapatalk
Lights first. I polished mine a couple of times and even had them clearcoated afterwards but it just doesnā€™t last. I ended up replacing them.Obviously I still need to do the fog lights.

240Hallett

Reaction score
I would not polish the grill because upkeep would suck. Imagine getting the polishing compound out of all those holes. Leave it or chrome it so you can just keep it nice with Windex or spray wax.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I would not polish the grill because upkeep would suck. Imagine getting the polishing compound out of all those holes. Leave it or chrome it so you can just keep it nice with Windex or spray wax.
Agreed. The front of your truck looks bad ass.

I may just replace it with a billet grill like yours. I have always preferred the look of billet over everything else on the market. The one I have was on the truck when I bought it. It was probably put on there for better protection from road debris. It lived its life as a plumbing truck in Reno before I got it.

I noticed my lights have condensation in them, so I will probably end up replacing them. I think they are pitted a little from sand on the road in the winter. I need to replace the chrome ring also. It is a little sand blasted looking. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

Joe mama

Reaction score
I would never raise my truck again either. 2004 Silverado 2500HD 8.1L
315/70R17. 17 x 9 Moto Metal. Currently Sniffin around for a newer 2500HD.
Just out of curiosity why would you never lift again. I never lifted my 03 but always thought about it

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I need to watch some videos and figure out the best process.

Sent From Tapatalk
Just buy one of those lil kits....it will have a few different grades of sandpaper, a polish pad, and a small wheel with velcro back.....ez peezy to use on any drill. I like to use a spray bottle with water to mist between.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Agreed. The front of your truck looks bad ass.

I may just replace it with a billet grill like yours. I have always preferred the look of billet over everything else on the market. The one I have was on the truck when I bought it. It was probably put on there for better protection from road debris. It lived its life as a plumbing truck in Reno before I got it.

I noticed my lights have condensation in them, so I will probably end up replacing them. I think they are pitted a little from sand on the road in the winter. I need to replace the chrome ring also. It is a little sand blasted looking. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

I tried a whole lot of aftermarket junk before I settled on TYC brand for headlights. They work very well...avoid the others.

El Chingon

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity why would you never lift again. I never lifted my 03 but always thought about it

Getting tired of replacing parts here and there and the crappier ride. Like the level look now with the 33's. Plus I'm getting old!

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I need to watch some videos and figure out the best process.

Sent From Tapatalk

It's hard to see exactly how cloudy your lights are in the pics, but if they're not too bad, get some 3" foam pads for a polisher or drill. Use some buffing compound to start, then this.... 81j7d0jExBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cheap, with very good results.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Getting tired of replacing parts here and there and the crappier ride. Like the level look now with the 33's. Plus I'm getting old!
Iā€™m getting old too. Thatā€™s why I wasnā€™t in hurry to lift mine..now having the truck 17 years itā€™s not gonna happen on my watch lol

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That's why GM's suck with their independent front suspension. They aren't meant to be lifted.

A straight axle with coil springs rides the same as stock, after it is lifted. At least my F-350 did (my leaf spring F-350, not so much. LOL). I never had any parts wear either.

Sent From Tapatalk

Hammer

Reaction score
2004 37s with Methods

Any trim to fit 37ā€™s? Iā€™m ready for tires on my 05ā€™. Currently have 35ā€x12.50x17ā€™s with a lift. I donā€™t know what kit it is as I bought it the way it sits. Iā€™ll try and find a pic of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Any trim to fit 37ā€™s? Iā€™m ready for tires on my 05ā€™. Currently have 35ā€x12.50x17ā€™s with a lift. I donā€™t know what kit it is as I bought it the way it sits. Iā€™ll try and find a pic of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Front bumper valance got a little trim back when I installed the lift and tires in 05

707dog

Reaction score
chemicalguys.com
Good products and great demonstration videos.
yup went to the shop they did a demo and have been using it ever since, the polish pads play a big part too.

funny note: since i got the kit i have cleaned up more of my elder neighbors headlight lens than my own.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
funny note: since i got the kit i have cleaned up more of my elder neighbors headlight lens than my own.

You know, I've been meaning to stop by for a beer. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Beers always cold and tequila or whiskey is always just a pour away
I meant I will be driving the truck, and you can show me how awesome your headlight polishing system works. [emoji106][emoji106] LOL

Sent From Tapatalk

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
I have found some on eBay and Amazon, but don't know which sellers sell good quality.

Sent From Tapatalk
use amazon...very liberal return policy as compared to ebay

BTW, good decision to keep stock wheels. I vote for no lift kit, no aftermarket...bone stock as much as possible...Maybe add a shell, lockable, so insurance covers your stuff inside if necessary. keep a low profile and less likely to get the redlight / blue light attention under most circumstances

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I am probably going to pick up a small travel trailer, so back to tow mirrors.

What is a good brand to purchase?

Sent Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eand28

Reaction score
1650248145830.jpeg

Grille surround should clean up with just soap and water. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ever used on it. Canā€™t really go wrong stock wheels and 265ā€™s or 285ā€™s

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
View attachment 1107490

Grille surround should clean up with just soap and water. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ever used on it. Canā€™t really go wrong stock wheels and 265ā€™s or 285ā€™s
The last set of tires were 285's. I went with 265's this time. My grill surround is sand blasted from driving in the snow with sanded roads. It is as clean as it is going to get. It is in OK shape, and looks good from a distance. It is just bad enough that it bugs me. LOL

USMC2010

Reaction score
I ran 265 all terrains for many years. A couple back I went to stock 245 all season highway tires, gas mileage improved enough that I'll never go oversized again.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I ran 265 all terrains for many years. A couple back I went to stock 245 all season highway tires, gas mileage improved enough that I'll never go oversized again.
I have an ā€˜02 1500HD with 285s and the 6.0 doesnā€™t like ā€˜em with stock gears.

eand28

Reaction score
The last set of tires were 285's. I went with 265's this time. My grill surround is sand blasted from driving in the snow with sanded roads. It is as clean as it is going to get. It is in OK shape, and looks good from a distance. It is just bad enough that it bugs me. LOL
Rockauto carryā€™s the complete grilles for a couple hundred and can get them from gm still but youā€™ll pay 50% more than rock auto

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have an ā€˜02 1500HD with 285s and the 6.0 doesnā€™t like ā€˜em with stock gears.
My truck has 4.10 gears. It did fine towing my boat. I went to 265 because I was going to be towing a little more weight (about 7,000 lbs) in the mountains, and my truck has 200K miles. The stock 245's are just too small looking on the trucks. They look undersized to me. 265's look like what the stock size should be. Just my opinion.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hate to threadjack but do you have any other photos? Love that color blue
Very sadly not in my phone and god knows where. I specially wish i still had the photos from Sema 2004

Attachments

• 2EC8F396-636B-4342-881D-BC2E30D7F9F0.jpeg
    2EC8F396-636B-4342-881D-BC2E30D7F9F0.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 63

eand28

Reaction score
Very sadly not in my phone and god knows where. I specially wish i still had the photos from Sema 2004
I actually have a bunch of old SEMA pics from around then. Was the truck always blue?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I actually have a bunch of old SEMA pics from around then. Was the truck always blue?
Yea thatā€™s the factory color it was just paint corrected and color sanded and had a brighter hue. Was outside with Orion Audio flags by it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I think my next project will be ball joints, tie rod ends, and pitman arm. Probably idler arm also. New lights all the way around will have to wait a bit.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I think my next project will be ball joints, tie rod ends, and pitman arm. Probably idler arm also. New lights all the way around will have to wait a bit.
I'm about to do all of that on the F-350 now that we are going to hold off on a new truck for at least a year. Did the new head lights already thanks to Austin kicking up a road sign on I-80 and smashing one of mine on the trip to Camp Far West for the New Years deal this year.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Boost Auto Parts mirrors. They work well, are solid, and don't shake like some off Amazon.

I also replaced the Chevy wheel caps with GMC caps.

And a new radiator after the original one got a crack in the plastic tanks.

View attachment 1107355
How do you like the Toyo AT IIIs for road noise and comfort?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
How do you like the Toyo AT IIIs for road noise and comfort?
I have had them on about a year now. I really like them. Noise is subjective, but to me they aren't noisy at all (but I have always run mudders on my trucks). I don't notice any difference in noise from the all season tires tires that were on the truck when I bought it. For me, I would definitely buy them again.

I haven't driven in mud, sand, or snow yet. I am curious to see how they do.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Here is the list of what I have repaced so far:

* Radiator, hoses and thermostat
* Powersteering pump and cooler
* Hydroboost
* AC system complete and actuator door
assemblies.
* Water pump
* Serpentine Belt and tensioner
* Brakes and rotors all around
* Tires and new GMC center caps.
*Tie Rods, inner and outer
*Pitman arm and Idler arm
*Upper and lower control arms with ball joints and bushings.
*Shocks
* Added Tow Mirrors

I still have a little play in my steering, so will try adjusting the lash. If that doesn't work, I will replace the gear box.

Now I might as well change out all the lights, the Gear box, and a preemptive fuel pump replacement. Good lord. I guess I am committed for life to the old beater. LOL.

USMC2010

Reaction score
My list in the last year and a half is much larger. I'm fearful of pulling the receipts out to look.